PDA

View Full Version : ''They're probably as talented a football team as any team in the NFL"

The_Philster
09-16-2003, 07:35 PM
Wannstedt said

I guess Wannstedt can actually be right about some things
The Dolphins' hangover of joy cleared up about midafternoon Monday when Dave Wannstedt started talking about the Buffalo Bills.

The coach's words ended his team's Jets victory celebration and brought up the sobering question that will haunt until Sunday: Is Miami good enough to beat the rampaging Bills if it continues playing as it has?

''In some of the things we did?'' Wannstedt asked before offering an answer, ``No. We need to get better this week.''...
more (http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/6781706.htm)

Turf
09-16-2003, 07:43 PM
He's psychologically trying to prepare his team for a whipping :)
He is afterall, 40% smarter than Bellicheck.

BuffaloRanger
09-16-2003, 07:55 PM
He's just patronizing us. "Oh you so good! So tough to beat you."

XNOUGHT
09-16-2003, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Travis Hunter
He's psychologically trying to prepare his team for a whipping :)
He is afterall, 40% smarter than Bellicheck.

!!!!!

WHY I!!!!!!!

:stick: :stick: :stick:

OpIv37
09-16-2003, 08:22 PM
don't forget the Texans coach said there was no way they were going to beat Miami in the opener...

helmetguy
09-16-2003, 08:59 PM
Wanny almost sounds like GW. "We've got to get better...We have to work on that...We have to improve on that..."

And, for anyDullfin fan who may be lurking about... YOU GUYS GAVE UP OVER 300 YARDS TO VINNY INTERCEPTAVERDE!!! The only way they'll be able to stop Drew & Co. is for Surtain to go back to his clutch and grab defense.

ublinkwescore
09-16-2003, 09:23 PM
They'll be lucky if they put up 14 on us.

Miami has chosen to get slower and that's just something you can't do in the NFL. Senior Seau? I could outrun him with a wooden leg. Sammy Knight? you can only accomplish so much on instinct - if he had better speed, he'd be a concern but too bad he runs the 40 in a week.

Halbert - I hope Wys lends you some wing sauce this sunday - you're gonna need it when you dine on Crow.

MDFINFAN
09-16-2003, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by ublinkwescore
They'll be lucky if they put up 14 on us.

Miami has chosen to get slower and that's just something you can't do in the NFL. Senior Seau? I could outrun him with a wooden leg. Sammy Knight? you can only accomplish so much on instinct - if he had better speed, he'd be a concern but too bad he runs the 40 in a week.

Halbert - I hope Wys lends you some wing sauce this sunday - you're gonna need it when you dine on Crow.

U R Kidding right? Remember your O is slower too. Gash, Reed, your new TE. They're slower than last year's players at those positions.

And no they are not better!!!! So don't even go there.

MDFINFAN
09-16-2003, 09:40 PM
Oh, btw, we only gave up one D player, A. Freeman is still on this team, so if we need to be faster at safety, we're only a player change away. Plus we added a better nickel back, and a better 3rd DT..faster too. So no, we're really not slower than we were last year.

RedEyE
09-16-2003, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by MDFINFAN

U R Kidding right? Remember your O is slower too. Gash, Reed, your new TE. They're slower than last year's players at those positions.

I've got 3 words for Ricky Williams on Sunday night: Fletcher / Spikes / Posey, and that's assuming he can get past Adams and Phat Pat!

MDFINFAN
09-16-2003, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by RedEyE

I've got 3 words for Ricky Williams on Sunday night: Fletcher / Spikes / Posey, and that's assuming he can get past Adams and Phat Pat!

btw, where was Adams in your last game? Ricky's played against all these guys before you know....

RedEyE
09-16-2003, 09:49 PM
Ricky's played against all these guys before you know....

Not all at once :shakeno:

RedEyE
09-16-2003, 09:52 PM
Seriously though, I don't want to sound too confident and I'm really not a trash talker. I'm just so Fnnnn pumped right now. It's been a while since the Bills appeared this good, and I am just truly enjoying every minute of these last 2 victories. With that being said, I have the utmost respect for Ricky Williams and his abilities to run the ball. He is the single, most freightening part of the Miami Dolphins.

MDFINFAN
09-16-2003, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by RedEyE

Not all at once :shakeno:

Doesn't make a different, it's not like all them will hit him each and every play you know..some will be blocked, some will gang tackle, because that's what they will need to do, none of those guys has consistently brought him down by themselves, unless they take his legs out first. But head to head, Ricky's beat each of them at least once. He likes making a name for himself by taking on the best. Hopefully this is a great game. Hopefully both teams come out firing..I hate when one if flat and the other fired up..we had that the first game and lost.

OpIv37
09-16-2003, 09:59 PM

Speed isn't everything- at least the TE's we have now can walk and chew gum at the same time. Reimersma practically tripped over his own feet every time he caught the ball. He had so many catches last year that would have been huge gains if he didn't run like an Irishman on the way back from the pub.

MDFINFAN
09-16-2003, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by OpIv37

Speed isn't everything- at least the TE's we have now can walk and chew gum at the same time. Reimersma practically tripped over his own feet every time he caught the ball. He had so many catches last year that would have been huge gains if he didn't run like an Irishman on the way back from the pub.

:bduff:

Tatonka
09-16-2003, 10:10 PM
btw, where was Adams in your last game? Ricky's played against all these guys before you know....

"The Bills lead the AFC East and are near the top in practically every meaningful statistical category the NFL compiles.

Buffalo's offense is ranked in the top 10 in 13 of 17 statistical categories, while the defense is almost as impressive, ranking in the top 10 in 10 of 17 statistical categories.

Oh, and the Bills are undefeated."

Fat sam was right in the middle.. anchoring all that.. and if you think he wont bring his A game on a sunday night.. your high.

helmetguy
09-16-2003, 10:53 PM
Oh, btw, we only gave up one D player, A. Freeman is still on this team, so if we need to be faster at safety, we're only a player change away. Plus we added a better nickel back, and a better 3rd DT..faster too. So no, we're really not slower than we were last year.

You're just not as GOOD as last year...and not nearly as good as the pundits would hope you would be.

lordofgun
09-17-2003, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by helmetguy
You're just not as GOOD as last year...and not nearly as good as the pundits would hope you would be.

And they weren't that good last year. :up:

The_Philster
09-17-2003, 03:11 AM
Originally posted by lordofgun
And they weren't that good last year. :up:

Especially not against us...can you say...SWEEEEEEEEEP?! :D

Jan Reimers
09-17-2003, 05:47 AM

Gash is better in our system than Centers, Campbell is not only a better all around TE than Riemersma, but probably faster, and Reed is an upgrade over Price in every aspect except speed - which never stopped Jerry Rice from being the best ever.