• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

''They're probably as talented a football team as any team in the NFL"

Wannstedt said

I guess Wannstedt can actually be right about some things
    The Dolphins' hangover of joy cleared up about midafternoon Monday when Dave Wannstedt started talking about the Buffalo Bills.

The coach's words ended his team's Jets victory celebration and brought up the sobering question that will haunt until Sunday: Is Miami good enough to beat the rampaging Bills if it continues playing as it has?

''In some of the things we did?'' Wannstedt asked before offering an answer, ``No. We need to get better this week.''
    more
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!
  • Travis Hunter
    • Jul 2002

He's psychologically trying to prepare his team for a whipping :)
    He is afterall, 40% smarter than Bellicheck.
    Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• BuffaloRanger
      WORK HARD. PLAY HARD. LIVE HARD.
      • Mar 2003

He's just patronizing us. "Oh you so good! So tough to beat you."
      Buffalo Only and Always.

Comment

• XNOUGHT
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Travis Hunter
        He's psychologically trying to prepare his team for a whipping :)
        He is afterall, 40% smarter than Bellicheck.
        !!!!!

WHY I!!!!!!!

I'm lost.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

don't forget the Texans coach said there was no way they were going to beat Miami in the opener...
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• helmetguy
            Touch the helmet for luck
            • Sep 2002

Wanny almost sounds like GW. "We've got to get better...We have to work on that...We have to improve on that..."

And, for anyDullfin fan who may be lurking about... YOU GUYS GAVE UP OVER 300 YARDS TO VINNY INTERCEPTAVERDE!!! The only way they'll be able to stop Drew & Co. is for Surtain to go back to his clutch and grab defense.
            Someone said "What's he gonna turn out like?" Ha!
            And someone else said "Never mind!"

-Deep Purple

"Have you ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?"--Ron White

Comment

• ublinkwescore
              Sab and TD are insignificant
              • Sep 2002

They'll be lucky if they put up 14 on us.

Miami has chosen to get slower and that's just something you can't do in the NFL. Senior Seau? I could outrun him with a wooden leg. Sammy Knight? you can only accomplish so much on instinct - if he had better speed, he'd be a concern but too bad he runs the 40 in a week.

Halbert - I hope Wys lends you some wing sauce this sunday - you're gonna need it when you dine on Crow.
              www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• MDFINFAN
                • Jun 2003

Originally posted by ublinkwescore
                They'll be lucky if they put up 14 on us.

Miami has chosen to get slower and that's just something you can't do in the NFL. Senior Seau? I could outrun him with a wooden leg. Sammy Knight? you can only accomplish so much on instinct - if he had better speed, he'd be a concern but too bad he runs the 40 in a week.

Halbert - I hope Wys lends you some wing sauce this sunday - you're gonna need it when you dine on Crow.
                U R Kidding right? Remember your O is slower too. Gash, Reed, your new TE. They're slower than last year's players at those positions.

And no they are not better!!!! So don't even go there.

Reach for the stars

Comment

• MDFINFAN
                  • Jun 2003

Oh, btw, we only gave up one D player, A. Freeman is still on this team, so if we need to be faster at safety, we're only a player change away. Plus we added a better nickel back, and a better 3rd DT..faster too. So no, we're really not slower than we were last year.

Reach for the stars

Comment

• RedEyE
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by MDFINFAN

U R Kidding right? Remember your O is slower too. Gash, Reed, your new TE. They're slower than last year's players at those positions.

I've got 3 words for Ricky Williams on Sunday night: Fletcher / Spikes / Posey, and that's assuming he can get past Adams and Phat Pat!

Comment

• MDFINFAN
                      • Jun 2003

Originally posted by RedEyE

I've got 3 words for Ricky Williams on Sunday night: Fletcher / Spikes / Posey, and that's assuming he can get past Adams and Phat Pat!
                      btw, where was Adams in your last game? Ricky's played against all these guys before you know....

Reach for the stars

Comment

• RedEyE
                        • Jul 2002

Ricky's played against all these guys before you know....
                        Not all at once

Comment

• RedEyE
                          • Jul 2002

Seriously though, I don't want to sound too confident and I'm really not a trash talker. I'm just so Fnnnn pumped right now. It's been a while since the Bills appeared this good, and I am just truly enjoying every minute of these last 2 victories. With that being said, I have the utmost respect for Ricky Williams and his abilities to run the ball. He is the single, most freightening part of the Miami Dolphins.
                          Last edited by RedEyE; 09-16-2003, 09:56 PM.

Comment

• MDFINFAN
                            • Jun 2003

Originally posted by RedEyE

Not all at once
                            Doesn't make a different, it's not like all them will hit him each and every play you know..some will be blocked, some will gang tackle, because that's what they will need to do, none of those guys has consistently brought him down by themselves, unless they take his legs out first. But head to head, Ricky's beat each of them at least once. He likes making a name for himself by taking on the best. Hopefully this is a great game. Hopefully both teams come out firing..I hate when one if flat and the other fired up..we had that the first game and lost.

Reach for the stars

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Speed isn't everything- at least the TE's we have now can walk and chew gum at the same time. Reimersma practically tripped over his own feet every time he caught the ball. He had so many catches last year that would have been huge gains if he didn't run like an Irishman on the way back from the pub.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X