PDA

View Full Version : Are Bills fans...

OpIv37
09-16-2003, 08:29 PM
as bad as other teams' fans?

During the game at Jax, the stands were nearly empty at the end of the game. I remember seeing Rich/RW Stadium clear out during (rare) blowouts but never that bad.

On to Philadelphia- in the 3rd when they were still in the game against NE, the fans started booing after every play. I understand why they are disappointed, but every play can't be a first down in the NFL.

Of course, there was already a thread about the reactions on Fin Heaven after Miami's opening day loss...

I have to wonder if Bills fans pull the same crap, only I'm too biased to notice? I know we like to complain about how bad we played after a 38-17 win, but that's different.

RedEyE
09-16-2003, 08:31 PM
Remember: "No one circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bill."

The_Philster
09-16-2003, 08:31 PM
Anyone who gives up on the team before the very end has got to see a copy of the Comeback game. :cynic:

OpIv37
09-16-2003, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster
Anyone who gives up on the team before the very end has got to see a copy of the Comeback game. :cynic:

I'll get around to it eventually....

The_Philster
09-16-2003, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by OpIv37
I'll get around to it eventually....

Are you saying that if we were down by a large margin you'd give up on us winning the game? :eek: :cynic:

helmetguy
09-16-2003, 08:48 PM

I'm just glad they wouldn't sell me any more beer at that one (try as I might to change their minds!)! NEVER leave before the final gun. You never know what you might miss!

ejsmith
09-16-2003, 08:50 PM
Once upon a time I lived in a city far far away and I was visiting my home town on vacation. On my last day of vacation and right before a 10 hour trip back I went to see the Bills play a team named the Oilers. Soon it was just after half-time and my beloved Bills were down by 32 points. I strongly considered getting a jumpstart on my 10 hour journey home, but I decided to stay. Seemingly right after my decision to stay was made, a miracle started to happen that turned out to be the most incredibly exciting time of my life and something I will never ever forget.

I can't possibly imagine what it would be like even to this day if I had decided to leave early.

socalfan
09-16-2003, 09:09 PM

Actually I think in that game the fans had started leaving in droves....some even tried to get back into the stadium after leaving.

HAMMER
09-16-2003, 09:16 PM
I have been going to games since the misery filled 70's when OJ was cutting and slashing through defenses, but we still lost. I never left a game then. I took a friend that had never been to an NFL game to the Oiler Comeback game. We were getting crushed, it was cold and damp, and I was wanting to leave. He made me stay as it was his first game and he wanted to soak it all in. God am I glad he did, that was UNBELIEVABLE. I will never leave a game early. Shoot, I was pissed because I fell asleep last night at the beginning of the fourth quarter thinking the Boys were going to crush the Gints. I woke up this morning and threw on ESPN to find it went to OT.

helmetguy
09-16-2003, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by socalfan
Actually I think in that game the fans had started leaving in droves....some even tried to get back into the stadium after leaving.

You're correct. Those that DID leave were the real losers! They lost out on the football thrill of a lifetime!