PDA

View Full Version : GW goes for two...again

SoCalBillsFan
09-22-2002, 06:56 PM
Agree/disagree? It was a very similar situation. THis time it didn't affect the outcome, but it might have. What do you think?

BillsMan80
09-22-2002, 06:57 PM
I agree...at that point, a 5 or 4 point lead doesn't make a difference. If we convert that it's 21-18, and all we need is a FG. I was behind it all the way.

JefftheBillsfan
09-22-2002, 06:57 PM
made sense to me...it works we are within a FG....so I was fine with it...

BledsoeRocks
09-22-2002, 06:59 PM
I ripped him last week. This week he was absolutely right!

We just got beat by a better team today. Things are looking up IMO!

The_Philster
09-22-2002, 06:59 PM
At the time it looked like the right call....he couldn't have known how we could have been only down by 11 near the end.

Buffalofan
09-22-2002, 07:29 PM
Gregg Williams may know personnel but I have to question his coaching skills. He is able to bring in the right people but I am not sure he knows how to play them. I question some of his calls and his poor use of the clock. hes definitley got some learning to do.

JayWood
09-22-2002, 07:33 PM
I dont get it, some people here will find anything to put down coach Williams. We got beat today by a better team hands down. I was in favor of going for two, and I think it was the right move to make. Talking about poor clock managment, the poor guy kept looking at the clock towards the end of the game wondering if the defense was ever going to let the offese get out on the field. Coaching staff overall did a very good job today. Like the schemes that Jerry Gray put together on the defensive front, for the most part

BillsMan80
09-22-2002, 07:34 PM
Geez...I thought it was a well coached game for christ sakes. Even Danny Smith was Impressive today. Everything about the game was solid. It was a solid performance today. The wins will come.

Dozerdog
09-22-2002, 07:35 PM
This week it made sense.

Last week it did not.

SoCalBillsFan
09-22-2002, 07:50 PM
Agree Dozer. I like the decision to try to get the lead down to 3

Rebecky
09-22-2002, 07:56 PM
Agree -- going for 2 was the reasonable call.

But I am troubled by a comment in this thread that poor Coach Wms was standing there, looking at the clock and wondering if the defense was ever going to let the offense on the field.

It's his JOB to come up with ideas and plays to bring that result about!!! Not just stand there and look at the clock and wonder what the defense is going to do!!! AAAGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!

ublinkwescore
09-22-2002, 09:17 PM
I was behind it - for the same reason as was stated earlier - we would have only needed a field goal to tie it. These refs need to stop throwing flags for lame crap - I thought Coy Wire was gonna draw one when he broke up that pass attempt to Shannon Sharpe. Winfield got a flag that shouldn't have been thrown, and Rod Smith got away with pushing off. The Broncos are not a better team - they are at best our equal - if this game was played in Buffalo, we would have won. If Travis Henry hadn't fumbled, who knows what the outcome of the game would have been - not that I'm putting Henry down, he'll prove to be a very valuable back (he's proven he can play in this league). The Bears are gonna have a hard time winning next week when they visit us.

ublinkwescore
09-22-2002, 09:18 PM
I think he meant would the D ever execute the plays he gave them to run on D?

casdhf
09-22-2002, 10:28 PM
GW is going a good job. The team is very prepared and they play hard on every play. Other than making the plays himself, I have no idea what else you expect from him

StillLurkin
09-22-2002, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Rebecky
Agree -- going for 2 was the reasonable call.

But I am troubled by a comment in this thread that poor Coach Wms was standing there, looking at the clock and wondering if the defense was ever going to let the offense on the field.

It's his JOB to come up with ideas and plays to bring that result about!!! Not just stand there and look at the clock and wonder what the defense is going to do!!! AAAGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!

Isn't that Jerry Gray's department?

casdhf
09-22-2002, 10:33 PM
uh huh

lordofgun
09-22-2002, 10:34 PM
I would have been ticked if he DIDN'T go for 2. It was a good call.

BillsMan80
09-22-2002, 10:37 PM
One thing, we need to work on is getting better matchups however. Watson on Smith all game? How about Clements on Smith...we need to get better matchups, and with that will come more success.

SoCalBillsFan
09-22-2002, 10:43 PM
Agreed, BM80! why was watson on smith so much?

Typ0
09-23-2002, 01:54 AM
Let's get this straight. Chris Watson is a punt catcher not a punt returner.