PDA

View Full Version : This is the beginning of something good!

Michael82
09-22-2002, 07:28 PM
Guys, you realize that we were expected to get killed by Denver, right? The spread was Buffalo +9. We lost by 5 points against a TOUGH Denver defense in DENVER! We have a Quarterback who is looking to tear defenses apart, he is reborn and looks better than he ever has! We have a Defense that is growing and developing. We had 4 sacks on Griese!!! Other than those couple long passes to Rod Smith....we shut him down! We shut down Shannon Sharpe!!! We held the run pretty nicely in the first half. Travis Henry looked pretty good in some of those runs against a VERY tough DL. The other thing is...we scored more points than BOTH the 49ers and the Rams. This is a team that is getting better each week. I think the best thing is something that the announcer said... "This Buffalo team is finally a respectable team."

It's about damn time! This Buffalo Bills team has now EARNED the respect of all their opponents this year! Go Buffalo! :up:

The_Philster
09-22-2002, 07:30 PM
Nicely put and I like your optimism, Mikey...but I still hate losing :(

BillsMan80
09-22-2002, 07:31 PM
I hate losing too, but I think this team is about ready to rid all of these losses. In fact, I think we win the next 3 against Chicago and Oakland at home, and then Houston on the road.

JefftheBillsfan
09-22-2002, 07:33 PM
i could see us winning 3 of em...at least 2!

JayWood
09-22-2002, 07:39 PM
I agree, win or lose I think that the league has to take notice of our play now. Bring on Chicago, we have to get our first win at the Ralph for 2002 on Sunday!!

BledsoeRocks
09-22-2002, 07:42 PM
Amen Mike! I have not been excited this much about this team in a long time.

I definately think we will beat the Bears next week and kick the Texans ass on the road. The oakland game will be a shootout.

Michael82
09-22-2002, 07:58 PM
Thanks Guys! What kills me is the fact that people still say we suck after all of this. We have been in EVERY single game until the end. I never felt like we were out of this game and my heart was racing for the third week in a row. I really dont know if I can handle any more of these games. It's wild and nuts! :D

Michael82
09-22-2002, 08:08 PM
All I know is that I am soo pumped up now and can't wait to be part of the 12th man on Sunday and help Buffalo pull off a 2nd win! WOOOO! GO BUFFALO!!!! :up:

NoCtUrNaL
09-22-2002, 08:23 PM
YaY...we're going to lose allot of close games...woo hoo.

BillsMan80
09-22-2002, 08:31 PM
No, actually we are going win games now. At least 2 of the next 3 will be wins. Guaranteed.

NoCtUrNaL
09-22-2002, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by BillsMan80
No, actually we are going win games now. At least 2 of the next 3 will be wins. Guaranteed.

50% of the teams in the league are going to win 2 of the next 3.

BillsMan80
09-22-2002, 08:46 PM
Did I ever say anything about the rest of the league? NO...pay attention to what I fricken said. We will win 2 of the next three...our losing days are over...This team has turned the corner from rebuilder to contender.

BillsMan80
09-22-2002, 08:46 PM
Not Super Bowl yet, but Playoff Contender.

NoCtUrNaL
09-22-2002, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by NoCtUrNaL

ublinkwescore
09-22-2002, 09:23 PM
we could very well establish ourselves as a superbowl contender before this season is over - we just can't let any more home games get away from us, and pull a couple out on the road.

ublinkwescore
09-22-2002, 09:25 PM
like in Giants stadium when we get our hands on the Jets. Payback will be sweet.

Fat Tony
09-22-2002, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by Mike32282
Guys, you realize that we were expected to get killed by Denver, right? The spread was Buffalo +9. We lost by 5 points against a TOUGH Denver defense in DENVER! :up:

Mikey-

Point spreads have absolutly nothing to do with how close the game will be (as predicted by experts) or expected margin of victory.

Bookies got their name from Bookmaking- the bookie wants the bettors to place an equall amount of money on each team.

If you have 100 people placing bets, the bookie wants 1/2 to bet on Denver, 1/2 to bet on the Bills. He makes his profit on "Juice"
usually 10% on all winnings paid. So the bookie is guaranteed a profit no matter who wins.

How do you get a 50-50 split? The lines. If to many people bet on Denver, the line moves in Buffalo's favor- they get more points. The point spread may move from Buffalo+9 to Buffalo +11 to get more people to bet on Buffalo. It does not mean the experts think Denver is expected to whip Buffalo.

I'm guessing the line was so big because Denver is a lot closer to Vegas than Buffalo is. More Denver money on the Broncos, thus to entice more betting on the bills the ridiculously large line.

Michael82
09-22-2002, 11:34 PM
Oh, okay. Thanks for clearing that up for me, Tony! :up:

Sabre Ally
09-23-2002, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by NoCtUrNaL

NoC, the point is that if we win 2 of our next 3 we'll be 3-3. After only winning 3 games ALL of last season, that is something to be excited about. Quit being such a party pooper. :tongue:

Typ0
09-23-2002, 01:32 AM
WOW We're really tallying up the wins even though we can't get one on the field. Minnessota lost to Carolina today folks. We have a long way to go to get to the superbowl. We are 1-3 here people. Let's be realistic. Don't count your chickens until they are hatched. We are better than last year...but we were in a lot of games we couldn't win then either.

NoCtUrNaL
09-23-2002, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by Typ0
WOW We're really tallying up the wins even though we can't get one on the field. Minnessota lost to Carolina today folks. We have a long way to go to get to the superbowl. We are 1-3 here people. Let's be realistic. Don't count your chickens until they are hatched. We are better than last year...but we were in a lot of games we couldn't win then either.

A, we're 1 and 2. Personally, short of a key injury or two, I think we're going to win the next 3 straight.

Typ0
09-23-2002, 01:56 AM
I hope you're right. I am just as excited as everyone...but let's face the facts we already lost to one of the worst teams in the league at home. That is bad. We aren't that good. Our defense has to step up more. Chicago will be quite a test for us because they are mostly defense.

WCoastFin
09-23-2002, 05:21 PM
Ya, losing is the beggening to something good....Such low expectations....it figures you are after all a bills fan.