PDA

View Full Version : Do you think LeBeau has something up his sleeve?

shelby
09-17-2003, 04:48 AM
i see a lot of confidence on the boards about our ability to beat the Fins on Sunday night....which is great....but our run D hasn't been that stellar in the first two games, and without improvement, it will be difficult for us to stop Ricky Williams.
Does LeBeau have some tricks up his sleeve that he's been waiting to use against the Fins?
:fish:

The Spaz
09-17-2003, 06:27 AM
Originally posted by shelby
i see a lot of confidence on the boards about our ability to beat the Fins on Sunday night....which is great....but our run D hasn't been that stellar in the first two games, and without improvement, it will be difficult for us to stop Ricky Williams.
Does LeBeau have some tricks up his sleeve that he's been waiting to use against the Fins?
:fish:

I would say the Jags are the only ones with limited success against us. Also the Patriots racked up yardage against us becasue we were leading 21-0 which we will give them the run to eat up the time. Think about this also we still haven't allowed a 100 yard rusher yet and i know it's only game 3 but still.

ublinkwescore
09-17-2003, 07:03 AM
I think we'll be keying in on Ricky because we need the Dolphins to pass on us since their recievers suck and our corners have their number.

Jan Reimers
09-17-2003, 07:29 AM
I think we have the personnel to stop the run without a lot of gimicks, e.g., 8 in the box. With 2 studs in the middle, our fierce linebacking corps, and hitters like AW and LM in the secondary, Ricky should not have anywhere near the success he had against us last year.

IHateTheDullphins
09-17-2003, 07:47 AM
I agree, we are more than capable of stopping RW, and just forget about JF passing on our secondary. Our pass D is #1 in the NFL and JF is not exactly Drew Bledsoe if you know what I mean.

Turf
09-17-2003, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by ublinkwescore
I think we'll be keying in on Ricky because we need the Dolphins to pass on us since their recievers suck and our corners have their number.

What he said, except for the playing with his peepee part.....

snow1989
09-17-2003, 09:03 AM
We'll probably go '8 in the box' and mix some zone gap blitzes from the LB's and DB's at various times and force them to try and let Fiedler's arm beat us...keep their running game un-tracked and they're like...um...well...like a 'phish out of water....lol

TedMock
09-17-2003, 09:08 AM
We just have to play a smart game. RW will get his yards and if we're not careful, they have a very good TE in McMichael. I think Chambers is coming into his own but our corners can cover and Feidler's arm isn't "needle threading". My big concerns are RW and short TE passes. I think we're the better team and should win this as long as the momemtum stays.

muestafa1
09-17-2003, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by TedMock
We just have to play a smart game. RW will get his yards and if we're not careful, they have a very good TE in McMichael. I think Chambers is coming into his own but our corners can cover and Feidler's arm isn't "needle threading". My big concerns are RW and short TE passes. I think we're the better team and should win this as long as the momemtum stays.

... and watch out for play-action passes

robeezy
09-17-2003, 09:46 AM
Without a doubt. They know that the dolphind are gonna try to run so we just have to get on them. Look to see 3 DT's in the middle when we switch to DL's fav the 5-2. Also I bet Coy gets a liitle more PT since he's a better hitter than PP.

Ingtar33
09-17-2003, 09:48 AM
the 46 defense, our base defense always has 8 men in the box, that is the whole point.

What I've really liked from the bills is how the 46 has absolutely shut down the opposition this year (when we've run it), and how the opposition has only seemed to get ground yardage against our 3-3 nickels... or 3-2 dimes ((btw: it is hard to see that we are running these, Posey is lining up as a down lineman making them look 4-2 and 4-1, basically they are screwing with the opposition o-line by giving many different looks with the same personnel)). The best thing about these formations is how we were getting CONSTANT pass rush pressure from these vanilla looks, mainly because we are running a quasi-3-4 zone blitz with those personnel packages.

One of the obvious additions Lebeau has brought is better execution of the zone blitzes, more variety, and less predictability. Many times you will see men come free on the pass rush primarily because the blitz was unexpected and confusing to the o-line.

What is even better is how the defensive packages are mixed up. Sometimes it is a “standard” 4-2 nickel, sometimes it’s a “big” 4-2 nickel with three safeties, sometimes it’s a 3-3 nickel, and sometimes it’s a “big” 3-3 nickel with 3 safeties.

One of my main complaints last year about our Defense was that it was predictable. At times is seemed Grey only had 4 formations, and 3 packages with each. You could tell when he was playing man, you could see all the blitzes coming… and often they were very heavy (read as risky) blitzes, throw in their predictability, and our D was easily exploited.

This year it’s a different look every down, with blitzes coming often and from unpredictable spots. My favorite part is how often teams are sliding protection to take Schobel or Posey, and how often they are used as decoys, performing the “zone” in the zone blitz. The result is it often seems Lebeau/Grey are calling blitzes after consulting the opposing center on the line blocking scheme. Thus far I’ve seen at least 2 or 3 times for both Fletch or Spikes in each game where they come untouched into the backfield, the result is both Spikes and Fletch have a sack to show for it, but more importantly is all the chaos they’ve have caused.

The Spaz
09-17-2003, 09:53 AM
Good analysis Ingtar. I hope the Buffalo Bills keep this up and I have no reason to beleive they will!:)

Dozerdog
09-17-2003, 10:22 AM
Hey Ingtar- can i incorporate that analysis into the upcoming "Beast of the East- Buffalo Bills report" article?

Ingtar33
09-17-2003, 10:32 AM
go ahead... i've no problem with you taking anything i post here...

I think i'll try to get back into writing a few things for you guys, just been rather busy these past few weeks

Dozerdog
09-17-2003, 10:34 AM
We understand, Ingtar. I hope eveything is going well!

mchurchfie
09-17-2003, 10:53 AM
Great breakdown Ingtar!!!:up: