• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jaja54
    • Aug 2003

Letting a little air out ....

of your bubble.

USA Today article on tendency of teams that begin 2-0 not making the playoffs....

Quote:
    In fact, since 1998 just 23 of 44 teams have made the playoffs after beginning 2-0, and the number has declined each year. And last season two teams (the Pittsburgh Steelers and Atlanta Falcons) that started 0-2 reached the playoffs and only one 2-0 team (the Oakland Raiders) accomplished the feat.

So, Enjoy it while it lasts. (I don't blame you, I would too) BUT, it's a long long season and many things change along the way.

Im in Wichita KS at the moment and have had much time to talk to you guys about the upcoming game. I feel it will be close.

Good luck on Sunday! Well, not too much luck.
  • Patrick76777
    • Jul 2002

I feel good about it. This team is strong on both sides of the ball. Teams like Washington and Carolina and the Vikes will struggle.
    Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Ð
      1-800-SAD-GOAT
      • Jul 2002

Yeah, I can understand the Phins startying the season at 2-0 and not making the playoffs....that's a given.

Comment

• lordofgun
        in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

This has no relevance to a team of the Bills' caliber.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• IHateTheDullphins
          New and Improved!!
          • Aug 2003

Here's some tendencies for you-jarjar

Since 1991, 9 out of 10 Dull Fans produced no intelligent points.
          7 out of those 9, have had the same mullet since then as well.
          Last year the Dullfins were handled not once, but TWICE, by a defense that couldn't stop an arena league offense. Good luck, you'll definitely need it. Don't worry, we didn't lose any air.
          Leads? Yeah, sure. I'll...uh...just check with the boys down at the crimelab. Yeah, they got four more detectives on the case....we're working in shifts!"

Comment

• Tatonka
            • Jul 2002

does it have any stats for what teams that start 3-0 after beating the **** of the fish do in the playoffs?
            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• R. Rich
              • Apr 2003

Good post, jaja54. One thing I always point to when they get into this 2-0 start crap is the year the Bills went 2-0 to start the season AND beat two teams that beat them in the Super Bowl before (Giants, Cowboys-who started that year 0-2). What happened that year? We lost another Super Bowl to the Cowboys. The good start is nice, but we have another 14 games to go before talking Super Bowls and all that.

Comment

• Dozerdog
                In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jaja54
                of your bubble.

USA Today article on tendency of teams that begin 2-0 not making the playoffs....

Quote:
                In fact, since 1998 just 23 of 44 teams have made the playoffs after beginning 2-0, and the number has declined each year. And last season two teams (the Pittsburgh Steelers and Atlanta Falcons) that started 0-2 reached the playoffs and only one 2-0 team (the Oakland Raiders) accomplished the feat.

So, Enjoy it while it lasts. (I don't blame you, I would too) BUT, it's a long long season and many things change along the way.

Im in Wichita KS at the moment and have had much time to talk to you guys about the upcoming game. I feel it will be close.

Good luck on Sunday! Well, not too much luck.
                This stat is stupid.

The NFL makes a conscious effort to schedule marquee games in week 1- they usually like to have their "grudge matches" lead the schedule- Playoff teams that battled the year before, or good offdseason story lines. This year it was TB/Philly, OAK/Tenn, plus other grudge matches like Pats/Bills, Skins/Jets. The NFL wants top ratings early, so high caliber teams have a high % of losing a game in week 1 or 2.

On the Flip side, some teams' records are artificially inflated by the early schedule- If you are lucky enough to get The Cards, Bears, Texans, or Jets off the bat, you should be 2-0 with a relatively average squad.

Buffalo Played a Pats team that has basically the same makeup as their 2001 SB squad (minus Milloy) and a Jaguars team, albeit winless, is a decent club.

Besides, statistically, the odds are 25% of the league on an average year will be 2-0 just through random probability. Are the Vikings a playoff team? Is Philadelphia that bad?

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                  Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                  • May 2003

I'd still rather be 2-0 than 0-2. Stats are generally about as useful as a Fin Fan - you know, tits on a bull, screen door on a submarine, etc.
                  Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• AG75
                    My buns are weiner friendly
                    • Oct 2002

Whew, and here I thought JaJa was implying he was about to pass gas. What a relief!!
                    Aimee

Comment

• saviorbledsoe
                      All-Pro Zoner
                      • Jul 2003

Originally posted by R. Rich
                      Good post, jaja54. One thing I always point to when they get into this 2-0 start crap is the year the Bills went 2-0 to start the season AND beat two teams that beat them in the Super Bowl before (Giants, Cowboys-who started that year 0-2). What happened that year? We lost another Super Bowl to the Cowboys. The good start is nice, but we have another 14 games to go before talking Super Bowls and all that.
                      So you call going to the Superbowl a bad year?????? Give me a god damn break!

Comment

• Patrick76777
                        • Jul 2002

Plus we get a tremendous Home field advantage at the end of the Season. So any wins we pile up now, will just added to what we get later!
                        Resign our own guys!

Comment

• DrewBledsoeDynasty
                          • Sep 2003

jaja talks a big game......... let the speaking be done on the field.... when we bust up that miami secondary.... jaja all you'll be hearing is "Bledsoe to Moulds".

Comment

• doug45
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ð
                            Yeah, I can understand the Phins startying the season at 2-0 and not making the playoffs....that's a given.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                              • May 2003

What happens to 3-0 teams?

Comment

Working...
                              X