PDA

View Full Version : Cry me a freaking river...

lordofgun
09-17-2003, 08:19 AM
Fearsome as a player. Loathsome as a person.

The Dolphins defensive backs will bring those opinions to their coverage of Eric Moulds, Pro Bowl receiver and noted nemesis, when they play the Buffalo Bills on Sunday night at Pro Player Stadium.

Last season, cornerback Patrick Surtain said Moulds spit in his face, and that led to a costly personal foul against Surtain in the Dolphins' 38-21 loss.

''I lost all respect for him,'' Dolphins safety Brock Marion said of Moulds. ''What more can I say? If I spit on you, aren't you going to lose all respect for me? He's still a good player, but that's not called for in this game.''

http://www.miami.com/mld/miami/6789508.htm?tbd6789508.htm

Sorry, I'm not buying it. Moulds has never had character issues before and until someone can prove something, the crybaby dolfins DBs can get over it or get burned.

:maggie:

lordofgun
09-17-2003, 08:21 AM
Moulds:

''He'll [Marion] see me on Sunday. I'll be getting on the plane, I'll be on the bus to the stadium, I'll have No. 80 on. He knows how to find me.''

:snicker:

Patrick76777
09-17-2003, 08:22 AM
Love that quote! He owns the phins. and now that Miami has a terrible and slow Secondary, he'll put up 200 yards!

lordofgun
09-17-2003, 08:23 AM
Jeez, these guys really are crybabies:

Moulds always seems to be a hot point of Dolphins-Bills games. In the game at Buffalo last season, Moulds scored a back-breaking 57-yard touchdown off a pass that was tipped by cornerback Sam Madison.

Madison was in good position for an interception before the wind took the ball at the final moment. Moulds and former Buffalo receiver Peerless Price mocked Madison.

---------------------

Awww....the poor crybaby dolphins DBs got mocked. :cry:

clumping platelets
09-17-2003, 08:25 AM
I have a :phone: number for the Miami DBs

1-800-cry-baby

PhinPhan1227
09-17-2003, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by lordofgun

Moulds always seems to be a hot point of Dolphins-Bills games. In the game at Buffalo last season, Moulds scored a back-breaking 57-yard touchdown off a pass that was tipped by cornerback Sam Madison.

Madison was in good position for an interception before the wind took the ball at the final moment. Moulds and former Buffalo receiver Peerless Price mocked Madison.

---------------------

Awww....the poor crybaby dolphins DBs got mocked. :cry:

Um...you DO know that the article was written by a JOURNALIST, not by the Phins or any of their players..right? Please tell me you're aware of that fact?

lordofgun
09-17-2003, 08:38 AM
Did you see the quotes in that article? Bunch of wusses.

-----------------

And I'll tell you exactly why he's claiming Moulds spit on him. It's because that's the only acceptable way he could justify taking a swing at Moulds and costing the fins momentum in that game. He had to make something up and there's nothing worse than spitting in someone's face.

I think it's funny that Surtain, the one it supposedly happened to sat down and had a beer with Eric in the offseason, but Marion is the one bringing it up. That's because Surtain knows it didn't happen.

Jan Reimers
09-17-2003, 08:38 AM

Now they're blaming the wind? Just when I thought I had heard every excuse imaginable from those crybabies. What next, "The dog ate my playbook?"

Patrick76777
09-17-2003, 08:45 AM
What a bunch of ****** Sonofa*****ing D-head Losers.

DID I MENTION THAT I HATE THE DOLPHINS!!!!

PhinPhan1227
09-17-2003, 08:47 AM
Did you see the quotes in that article? Bunch of wusses.

-----------------

And I'll tell you exactly why he's claiming Moulds spit on him. It's because that's the only acceptable way he could justify taking a swing at Moulds and costing the fins momentum in that game. He had to make something up and there's nothing worse than spitting in someone's face.

I think it's funny that Surtain, the one it supposedly happened to sat down and had a beer with Eric in the offseason, but Marion is the one bringing it up. That's because Surtain knows it didn't happen.

What do you expect them to say? "Well yeah, the guy spit on me...but I figured he just salivates a lot". What would YOU say to a reporter about a guy who spit on you? Bottom line is that Surtain said that he'd deal with it on the field, and that's exactly what I want him to say and do. Here's a concept, why not stick to football issues and ignore stupid crap like this?

Tatonka
09-17-2003, 08:47 AM
did the journalist make up all the quotes of marion pissing and moaning like a girlscout?

moulds is gonna eat them alive......... again

PhinPhan1227
09-17-2003, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers

Now they're blaming the wind? Just when I thought I had heard every excuse imaginable from those crybabies. What next, "The dog ate my playbook?"

Once again...for the reading impaired...that would be the WRITER'S comments...not the players. I weep for the education system in New York.

Patrick76777
09-17-2003, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by PhinPhan1227

Once again...for the reading impaired...that would be the WRITER'S comments...not the players. I weep for the education system in New York.

half-wit. You don't think that guy favors the Phins even slightly? Do you think these writers are like machines.

PhinPhan1227
09-17-2003, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
did the journalist make up all the quotes of marion pissing and moaning like a girlscout?

moulds is gonna eat them alive......... again

Well Tatonka, you're probably used to being spit on a lot more than Brock Marion or Pat Surtain. As such, you're probably better able to handle it. :rofl:

IHateTheDullphins
09-17-2003, 08:52 AM
The article is contagious, look what it's doing to the Dull Fans! lol what a bunch of tools, all of them. "Oh did you know a JOURNALIST wrote that?" lol...... that's great stuff, what a tool! lol

:10::rofl:

TedMock
09-17-2003, 08:53 AM
are they speaking english in Miami yet? Truth is I'd be pissed if someone spit on me too. I wouldn't publicly cry about it though. This stuff goes on between OL and DL all the time. In piles people poke eye's and twist ankles and spit at eachother on the line. I'm not saying it's all "ok" but quit *****ing and play the game.

Bulldog
09-17-2003, 08:55 AM
I love all the comments from the people in Florida about New York's education system. Pretty funny that Florida has the worst education sytem in the country. By the way, did ya'll figure out the ballot system yet. What a joke! Maybe after Buffalo hammers the Fins again, ya'll can demand a recount!

Patrick76777
09-17-2003, 08:55 AM
I hope he ****** spits on that piece of garbage again. After a 75 yard TD!

PhinPhan1227
09-17-2003, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by Patrick76777

half-wit. You don't think that guy favors the Phins even slightly? Do you think these writers are like machines.

Fine...so call the writer a crybaby, a whiner, or whatever else makes your little heart beat faster. But since the writer does not work for the Phins, it's ridiculous to rag on the Phins for that writers opinions. Afterall, I'm not going to call Donahoe an idiot because I read idiotic posts by Bills fans.

IHateTheDullphins
09-17-2003, 09:00 AM

Fine...so call the writer a crybaby, a whiner, or whatever else makes your little heart beat faster. But since the writer does not work for the Phins, it's ridiculous to rag on the Phins for that writers opinions. Afterall, I'm not going to call Donahoe an idiot because I read idiotic posts by Bills fans.

You must have forgotten to put your helmet on today, silly!
:popcorn:

Ð
09-17-2003, 09:01 AM
Here's a concept, why not stick to football issues and ignore stupid crap like this?

I think that's our point. The fact that the Phins are crying about it in the papers before the big game shows a lot about the fragile psyche of the Dolphins.

PhinPhan1227
09-17-2003, 09:02 AM
If it hadn't drawn a personal foul that helped determine the outcome fo the game, I'm sure it wouldn't have drawn any attention at all. And what fans need to realize is that it's not like the players called Ethan Skolnik and asked him to write an article. The writer asked the questions, abd they answered them. If you want to jump on anyone, jump on the author.

Ð
09-17-2003, 09:07 AM
What part of quotes from the players don't you understand ?

PhinPhan1227
09-17-2003, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Ð

I think that's our point. The fact that the Phins are crying about it in the papers before the big game shows a lot about the fragile psyche of the Dolphins.

(sigh)...one more time...Please tell me you're aware that the writer of the piece ASKED the questions of the Dolphins players, and they answered those questions. What were they suppossed to say? In fact, if you'll read the article, you'll see that THEY said they want to deal with it on the field.

Bulldog
09-17-2003, 09:09 AM

I don't think there were talking about the article with regards to the spitting incident. They were referring to the quotes from Marion. And yes, you can directly attribute that to the Dolphins organization. The more fuel you add, the better the fire. I hope Marion keeps on running his pie hole!

mybills
09-17-2003, 09:10 AM
I don't believe for one minute that Moulds spit on anyone. Show me a picture of it! Maybe he was popping his P's when he shouted, "Back off PUNK or I'll PUT you in your PLACE!" :snicker:

I wouldn't doubt it if the Fins try to injure him. They'd better not hurt my boy, or they'll have to deal with ME! :mad:

PhinPhan1227
09-17-2003, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by Bulldog

I don't think there were talking about the article with regards to the spitting incident. They were referring to the quotes from Marion. And yes, you can directly attribute that to the Dolphins organization. The more fuel you add, the better the fire. I hope Marion keeps on running his pie hole!

Here are the quotes...

''I lost all respect for him,'' Dolphins safety Brock Marion said of Moulds. ''What more can I say? If I spit on you, aren't you going to lose all respect for me? He's still a good player, but that's not called for in this game.''

''You know what the guy did. I'm not going to cheap-shot him because of it. I'm going to play football straight up.

''We have to contend with him making plays. But the fact of the matter is that what he did . . . you can't respect anybody like that.''

...if the author asks Marion if he still respects Moulds, what should Marion have said? This is why this is such a stupid thread...there isn't a person here who wouldn't have said at LEAST what Marion said.

PhinPhan1227
09-17-2003, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by IHateTheDullphins

You must have forgotten to put your helmet on today, silly!
:popcorn:

Don't complain...if your dad hadn't forgotten his "helmet", you wouldn't be here to spew thrash...:shades:

Ð
09-17-2003, 09:18 AM
Actually, Marion should have just said "No comment, we'll deal with it on the field like men"

That's what winners do.

lordofgun
09-17-2003, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by Ð
That's what winners do.

There would be the problem. :D

I've never seen such homeristic writers or crybaby football players in my life.

PhinPhan1227
09-17-2003, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by Ð
Actually, Marion should have just said "No comment, we'll deal with it on the field like men"

That's what winners do.

Lol...read the rest of the article. If that's what winners do, than why did Moulds make all the comments HE made? Face it man, this is the kind of crap that writers create. And threads like this are exactly what they're looking for.

lordofgun
09-17-2003, 09:26 AM
Lol...read the rest of the article. If that's what winners do, than why did Moulds make all the comments HE made? Face it man, this is the kind of crap that writers create. And threads like this are exactly what they're looking for.

Crybaby dolphins. :maggie:

RedEyE
09-17-2003, 09:27 AM
All this is, is a stupid and rediculous way for the Dulfellons to hype themselves up for Sunday's game. Mould's shouldn't even have entertained the media and just said his piece on the field.

What are they going to do when their little teal and orange dresses get stained on Sunday?

lordofgun
09-17-2003, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by RedEyE
What are they going to do when their little teal and orange dresses get stained on Sunday?

Blame it on Ray Lucas. :snicker:

Earthquake Enyart
09-17-2003, 09:32 AM

IHateTheDullphins
09-17-2003, 09:34 AM

Yeah, I can see it now........
opens to sports journalists morning meeting...

Boss: Ethan, my boy, we simply MUST create some gossip on those Bills forums!

Ethan: I've got just the plan to do it, and get this: Even the idiot Miami fans will go right along with it! ha!

Does the word CRAFTSMAN mean anything to you, PhlemPhan?
you should have it tatooed to your forehead.

PhinPhan1227
09-17-2003, 09:34 AM
All this is, is a stupid and rediculous way for the Dulfellons to hype themselves up for Sunday's game. Mould's shouldn't even have entertained the media and just said his piece on the field. What are they going to do when their little teal and orange dresses get stained on Sunday?

Thank you...Surtain and Marion didn't do anything that Moulds didn't also do.

PhinPhan1227
09-17-2003, 09:36 AM

Yeah, I can see it now........
opens to sports journalists morning meeting...

Boss: Ethan, my boy, we simply MUST create some gossip on those Bills forums!

Ethan: I've got just the plan to do it, and get this: Even the idiot Miami fans will go right along with it! ha!

Does the word CRAFTSMAN mean anything to you, PhlemPhan?
you should have it tatooed to your forehead.

This coming from a person who defines himself by his hatred for a football team? Do you have ANY idea how pathetic that is?

Dozerdog
09-17-2003, 09:36 AM
Since this is a night game on National TV, will the dolphins wear those dumb orange uni's ?

mybills
09-17-2003, 09:37 AM

Thank you...Surtain and Marion didn't do anything that Moulds didn't also do.

Correct! NOBODY spit!

PhinPhan1227
09-17-2003, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by mybills

Correct! NOBODY spit!

COOL!! I take it that you were on the field to give this assessment?

Jan Reimers
09-17-2003, 09:38 AM

Where do you think the writer got his info? Probably from one of those downtrodden, luckless, spat upon Dolphin players. BTW, I'll match my primary and secondary education in WNY, and at Syracuse University, against yours any day.

Patrick76777
09-17-2003, 09:39 AM

This coming from a person who defines himself by his hatred for a football team? Do you have ANY idea how pathetic that is?

I don't think it's Pathetic. I think it's funny as hell!

PhinPhan1227
09-17-2003, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
Since this is a night game on National TV, will the dolphins wear those dumb orange uni's ?

God I hope not...I think the orange uniforms look like highway hazard cones.

IHateTheDullphins
09-17-2003, 09:40 AM

It puts the lotion on the skin!

No, my moronic tool, I hate you, and your kind, but mostly just you. :puke:

PhinPhan1227
09-17-2003, 09:45 AM

Where do you think the writer got his info? Probably from one of those downtrodden, luckless, spat upon Dolphin players. BTW, I'll match my primary and secondary education in WNY, and at Syracuse University, against yours any day.

Yeah...sports writers wait for phonecalls from players so they can write their stories. Skolnik either caled the players, or coralled them at practice. That's what they do. As for education, I went to Nova High school here in South Florida, and UCONN. I'm sure that Nova means about as much to you as WNY means to me, but I can safely tell you that we consistantly kicked 'Cuse's butts on the basketball court when I went to UCONN...:peace:

PhinPhan1227
09-17-2003, 09:49 AM

No, my moronic tool, I hate you, and your kind, but mostly just you. :puke:

Wow...that wounds me...really...Oh, and "your moronic tool" would be that thing you keep slipping your sister.:D

Jan Reimers
09-17-2003, 09:54 AM
What about last year, Husky Breath? BTW, WNY is an abbreviation for Western New York, not the name of my high school.

Sorry, but SU is now the reigning NCAA Men's BB champion.

Bulldog
09-17-2003, 09:55 AM

Yeah...sports writers wait for phonecalls from players so they can write their stories. Skolnik either caled the players, or coralled them at practice. That's what they do. As for education, I went to Nova High school here in South Florida, and UCONN. I'm sure that Nova means about as much to you as WNY means to me, but I can safely tell you that we consistantly kicked 'Cuse's butts on the basketball court when I went to UCONN...:peace:

Can you refresh my memory and tell me who won the 2003 NCAA Mens National Championship in basketball? Just like a typical Dolphins fan, always living in the past. Also, why did you feel the need to come north to get an education when there are so many wonderful institutions in Florida?:shakeno: Loser!

PhinPhan1227
09-17-2003, 09:57 AM
What about last year, Husky Breath? BTW, WNY is an abbreviation for Western New York, not the name of my high school.

Sorry, but SU is now the reigning NCAA Men's BB champion.

Sure...NOW...But I was there in the early 90's, and we owned your butts then.

IHateTheDullphins
09-17-2003, 10:02 AM

Sure...NOW...But I was there in the early 90's, and we owned your butts then.

Awwww! Look everyone, the little fella thinks he's got something for us. What a good boy you are! yes you are, yess you are!:lol:

mybills
09-17-2003, 10:02 AM

COOL!! I take it that you were on the field to give this assessment?

I didn't have to be. If you knew anything about EMo and his love for the game, and the fun he has out there on the field, you wouldn't believe those tabloids. :rolleyes:

Novacane
09-17-2003, 10:06 AM
When those losers actually shut moulds down on the field they can talk. Until then they should stick thier thumbs back in thier mouths and shut up. Feaking crybabies................................" I was in perfect posistion for an interception and the wind took it away"

What a freakin joke....................I think I've heard them all now!

PhinPhan1227
09-17-2003, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
When those losers actually shut moulds down on the field they can talk. Until then they should stick thier thumbs back in thier mouths and shut up. Feaking crybabies................................" I was in perfect posistion for an interception and the wind took it away"

What a freakin joke....................I think I've heard them all now!

Impressive...now we're just making stuff up? The writer said... "Madison was in good position for an interception before the wind took the ball at the final moment. Moulds and former Buffalo receiver Peerless Price mocked Madison"...the players themselves never made that statement. Is it too much to ask that people stick the facts?

PhinPhan1227
09-17-2003, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by mybills

I didn't have to be. If you knew anything about EMo and his love for the game, and the fun he has out there on the field, you wouldn't believe those tabloids. :rolleyes:

And I could say the exact same thing about Brock Marion. The man's a consumate profesional.

PhinPhan1227
09-17-2003, 10:26 AM

Awwww! Look everyone, the little fella thinks he's got something for us. What a good boy you are! yes you are, yess you are!:lol:

Lol...once again...how sad is it that you need to identify yourself with a hatred for the Phins rather than a love for the Bills? What happened man, did some Dolphins fan break your heart?:wail:

BuffaloBillsDan
09-17-2003, 10:32 AM
I love it! The dullfins are just as bad as the dullfans. Meanwhile the bills are due and someone must pay. Marion must pay the bills this week.

saviorbledsoe
09-17-2003, 10:35 AM

Lol...once again...how sad is it that you need to identify yourself with a hatred for the Phins rather than a love for the Bills? What happened man, did some Dolphins fan break your heart?:wail:

If WE are so obsessed with the opposing team than why is it that YOU are the one on a Bills board?

saviorbledsoe
09-17-2003, 10:39 AM
Moulds already told everyone last year that the incident was an accident. He said when he was talking smack spit flew and that it happens a lot when he gets excited. So why are these idiot journalists bringing up old sh1t? If they think its going to be bulletin board material for the phins I think its going to end up biting the Phins in the ass because Moulds can step up his game a lot easier than C0ck Marinate and ***** Stain.

PhinPhan1227
09-17-2003, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by saviorbledsoe

If WE are so obsessed with the opposing team than why is it that YOU are the one on a Bills board?

Hardly WE. Having "I hate the Dolphins" as a nick points to an individual who obviously hates my team more than he loves HIS team. And that's just sad.

Shiny Chicken
09-17-2003, 10:50 AM
I do think IHatetheDullphins is going a little over the top. The insulting is starting to get really old... I don't think it's quite in following with the forum TOS either... so maybe you could tone it down, dude? I for one think PhinPhan is completely wrong on this issue... however I don't think the personal insults from wither end are neccesary... just annoying to read through.

And to the issue at hand. The main difference here is that I think your Dolphins players really are taking this quite seriously... while Eric merely sees it as humorous.

mybills
09-17-2003, 10:51 AM
Moulds already told everyone last year that the incident was an accident. He said when he was talking smack spit flew and that it happens a lot when he gets excited.

:bf1: Like I said, he was popping his P's! lol. That reporter is a fins fan...NO DOUBT ABOUT IT!

saviorbledsoe
09-17-2003, 10:52 AM

Hardly WE. Having "I hate the Dolphins" as a nick points to an individual who obviously hates my team more than he loves HIS team. And that's just sad.

Whats sad is that you come over here, take the time to set up a user name and profile, and chit chat with fans of your rival team. I am sure you do it just to compare notes right? NO, you do it to start argurments and fights. So who is the one who is sad? Who is the one obsessed with the other team? :smoke:

Shiny Chicken
09-17-2003, 10:54 AM
umm... saviorbledsoe... a lot of us go to rival forums too... including myself... are you saying that's sad. I welcome te debate from rival fans...

saviorbledsoe
09-17-2003, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Shiny Chicken
umm... saviorbledsoe... a lot of us go to rival forums too... including myself... are you saying that's sad. I welcome te debate from rival fans...

I dont think its sad to go to other forums and see what other fans are saying....but to do so and then critisize another fan for their view of an opposing team and then call that fan sad for his feelings....is sad. You follow? lol

:squish:

lordofgun
09-17-2003, 11:04 AM

PhinPhan1227 is hardly a creative name. :shakeno:

Dozerdog
09-17-2003, 11:05 AM
Fearsome as a player, loathsome as a person

That really burns me up. Moulds is loathsome as a person for spraying it while saying it, yet Ricky Williams is all that and a bag of chips when he drives 120 MPH on public highways?

He's a fine hair from making someone a widow or an orphan acting irresponsibly and grossly negligent within society- but they dwell on this?

mchurchfie
09-17-2003, 11:06 AM

What do you expect them to say? "Well yeah, the guy spit on me...but I figured he just salivates a lot". What would YOU say to a reporter about a guy who spit on you? Bottom line is that Surtain said that he'd deal with it on the field, and that's exactly what I want him to say and do. Here's a concept, why not stick to football issues and ignore stupid crap like this?

The only way that they can deal with it on the field is if they spit back on him when he's not looking...I doubt if it will be with their coverage or lack thereof of him.:shakeno: Besides, if Surtain wouldn't have gotten so many tears on his jersey he wouldn't have spit on him. :D:church:

colin
09-17-2003, 11:06 AM
This was found all over the Miami locker room, players were spreading it on each other for its "restorive and cleansing properties".

www.airspray.net/images/vagisil475X317.jpg

Aero II
09-17-2003, 11:12 AM

Is it too much to ask that people stick the facts?

Some request since your not sticking to the facts. You're lise a politician. You respond with double talk and never answer the question that was asked. Get YOUR facts streight and we'll have a dialogue.

Dolphinatic
09-17-2003, 11:25 AM
This thread is highly entertaining.

Tatonka
09-17-2003, 11:30 AM
Well Tatonka, you're probably used to being spit on a lot more than Brock Marion or Pat Surtain. As such, you're probably better able to handle it. :rofl:

yeah.. i am used to it.. like i am used to ... oh, wait.. your trying to bait me... so i will refrain from telling you that i am actually your father, i met your mom on the set of a porn film, and all that.. and just say..

:horse:

see you on sunday night.

IHateTheDullphins
09-17-2003, 11:32 AM
I do think IHatetheDullphins is going a little over the top. The insulting is starting to get really old... I don't think it's quite in following with the forum TOS either... so maybe you could tone it down, dude? I for one think PhinPhan is completely wrong on this issue... however I don't think the personal insults from wither end are neccesary... just annoying to read through.

And to the issue at hand. The main difference here is that I think your Dolphins players really are taking this quite seriously... while Eric merely sees it as humorous.

I respect your opinion, Shiny Chicken, however this is a two pronged fork, and I didn't come here to make friends with Dull Fans. I won't sit idley when myself and fellow Bills fans are dissed openly on OUR forum. I'll admit, I have been known to stick it to the people that deserve it, and sometimes I go a little far, but like I said, I won't let anyone ***** in our house. I've said my piece to PhlemPhan and I'm done, for now. I hope you understand this point.

Novacane
09-17-2003, 11:35 AM

Impressive...now we're just making stuff up? The writer said... "Madison was in good position for an interception before the wind took the ball at the final moment. Moulds and former Buffalo receiver Peerless Price mocked Madison"...the players themselves never made that statement. Is it too much to ask that people stick the facts?

Where do you think he came up with that opinion? He was not out on the field..........how would he know if the "wind" took it?

ANSWER:......................thats what the whiners told him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PhinPhan1227
09-17-2003, 11:40 AM

Where do you think he came up with that opinion? He was not out on the field..........how would he know if the "wind" took it?

ANSWER:......................thats what the whiners told him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hold on...this is going to be a tough concept...maybe...since he's a sports writer who watches the game....he actually SAW the wind shift the balls direction? I know that's a tricky concept and all....

PhinPhan1227
09-17-2003, 11:42 AM

When you say I'm wrong on this issue, does that mean you think that Surtain and Marion DID initiate the article? Conversely, do you think this type of thing is NOT a creation of a jounalist looking to stir the pot?

Aero II
09-17-2003, 11:44 AM

Hold on...this is going to be a tough concept...maybe...since he's a sports writer who watches the game....he actually SAW the wind shift the balls direction? I know that's a tricky concept and all....
Perhaps it was EMo's speed, zipping past your DB's that caused the ball to shift in the wind. Did the sports writer see that?

PhinPhan1227
09-17-2003, 11:45 AM

Whats sad is that you come over here, take the time to set up a user name and profile, and chit chat with fans of your rival team. I am sure you do it just to compare notes right? NO, you do it to start argurments and fights. So who is the one who is sad? Who is the one obsessed with the other team? :smoke:

Actually...if you'll go look at the post I innitiated, it's in no way inflamatory or even confrontational. This thread however was inherently confrontational from it's inception. It attacked Dolphins players, and I responded to it. As such, while I may have jumped into a fight, I've yet to start one.

PhinPhan1227
09-17-2003, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Aero II

Perhaps it was EMo's speed, zipping past your DB's that caused the ball to shift in the wind. Did the sports writer see that?

Lol...maybe. If so, that's his failing, and not Marions or Surtains. In his opinion, that's how it looked. Bottom line is that journalists create these conflicts, not the players. Part of the players contract states that they have to be "available" to the media, and that means that they can't give a "no comment" as often as some of them would like. I'd say the same thing if a Phins fan was jumping all over a Bills player who was quoted as complaining about a Phin players behavior.

Novacane
09-17-2003, 11:50 AM
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........guess he must be a metoroligist too and checked the wind gauge just as the ball arrived. I watched the game..........I never saw it move. This is the first I had heard that excuse. Even the kings of excuse makers Dolphin fans were not whining about that after the game. That sports writer either got it from the crybabies or he just made it up.

I don't expect you to admit it admit it phin but any objective person knows it is true ...........................your team is full of excuse makers.

whining crying excuse makers. It's never thier fault when something goes wrong. They always have an excuse. They get it from the whining crying loser head coach. Until they get rid of that moron your team ain't going anywhere!!!!!!

WINNERS DON"T HAVE TO MAKE EXCUSES!!!!!!!!!!!!

PhinPhan1227
09-17-2003, 11:53 AM
Lol...considering how many "we just suck" quotes there are from Dolphins players after bad games, I don't think that post deserves an in depth response. Facts aren't something to be feared Fairway...sometime you might even want to embrace them.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........guess he must be a metoroligist too and checked the wind gauge just as the ball arrived. I watched the game..........I never saw it move. This is the first I had heard that excuse. Even the kings of excuse makers Dolphin fans were not whining about that after the game. That sports writer either got it from the crybabies or he just made it up.

I don't expect you to admit it admit it phin but any objective person knows it is true ...........................your team is full of excuse makers.

whining crying excuse makers. It's never thier fault when something goes wrong. They always have an excuse. They get it from the whining crying loser head coach. Until they get rid of that moron your team ain't going anywhere!!!!!!

WINNERS DON"T HAVE TO MAKE EXCUSES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Voltron
09-17-2003, 12:04 PM

Since when is wind visable in the middle of the football field :huh:

To know the wind changed at the last min. You would have to be looking at the wind socks on the uprights AND the ball at the same time. I think that is pretty much impossible.

mchurchfie

I was in that endzone, row 5..it happened right in front of me. Plain and simple...Moulds had Surtain beat by a step, the ball was slightly underthrown, Surtain got a little piece of it and tipped it right into EMo's hands. It was a very alert play for EMo to catch the ball....wind was not a big factor behind that play.

Novacane
Lol...considering how many "we just suck" quotes there are from Dolphins players after bad games, I don't think that post deserves an in depth response. Facts aren't something to be feared Fairway...sometime you might even want to embrace them.

:ugly: :ugly: You have been talking out both sides of your mouth this entire thread. FACTS......................something you don't have a grasp on. It's your teams players that are whining..................the FACTS are a professional player would have told that sports writer/metoroligist that they were not going to get involved in his petty story and let thier play on the field do thier talking.

TypicalBill
09-17-2003, 12:05 PM
but even boogy'u tum tum wouldn't say that stuff to the journalist :p

PhinPhan1227
09-17-2003, 12:06 PM

:ugly: :ugly: You have been talking out both sides of your mouth this entire thread. FACTS......................something you don't have a grasp on. It's your teams players that are whining..................the FACTS are a professional player would have told that sports writer/metoroligist that they were not going to get involved in his petty story and let thier play on the field do thier talking.

So that means Moulds isn't a professional player? Or didn't you catch HIS quotes in the article?

mchurchfie
09-17-2003, 12:11 PM

Maybe its the same reporter that saw EMo spit on Crytain.:idunno::eek:

saviorbledsoe
09-17-2003, 12:11 PM
Hey Phin Phan....are you going to post here on Monday after we beat you 45 to 10?

SABURZFAN
09-17-2003, 12:12 PM
Moulds:

''He'll [Marion] see me on Sunday. I'll be getting on the plane, I'll be on the bus to the stadium, I'll have No. 80 on. He knows how to find me.''

:snicker:

yeah...in the end zone.that's where he'll find moulds.:biggrin:

PhinPhan1227
09-17-2003, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Voltron

Since when is wind visable in the middle of the football field :huh:

To know the wind changed at the last min. You would have to be looking at the wind socks on the uprights AND the ball at the same time. I think that is pretty much impossible.

Hey, that's apparently his opinion. If it was Surtains, he would have quoted him.

SABURZFAN
09-17-2003, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Patrick76777
What a bunch of ****** Sonofa*****ing D-head Losers.

DID I MENTION THAT I HATE THE DOLPHINS!!!!

i think it's worth mentioning again.:snicker2:

PhinPhan1227
09-17-2003, 12:17 PM
Hey Phin Phan....are you going to post here on Monday after we beat you 45 to 10?

If you ask on any website where I post, you'll see that I never fail to post a congratulatory note after the game. If I'm not here on Monday it's because I'm physically unable to post.

SABURZFAN
09-17-2003, 12:20 PM

Blame it on Ray Lucas. :snicker:

i wouldn't doubt it but i'm sure that they'll think of something else.they've had the whole offseason to come up with some more excuses.

SABURZFAN
09-17-2003, 12:23 PM

God I hope not...I think the orange uniforms look like highway hazard cones.

or shades of the expansion Tampa Bay Bucs.speaking of which,your defense kind of reminds me of them.:snicker2:

SABURZFAN
09-17-2003, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Dolphinatic
This thread is highly entertaining.

it lost its luster when you posted this though.:snicker2:

PhinPhan1227
09-17-2003, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by SABURZFAN

or shades of the expansion Tampa Bay Bucs.speaking of which,your defense kind of reminds me of them.:snicker2:

We'll see. They certainly looked like it in week 1. But try not to forget that these same players were pretty darned good last season.

SABURZFAN
09-17-2003, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by mchurchfie

I was in that endzone, row 5..it happened right in front of me. Plain and simple...Moulds had Surtain beat by a step, the ball was slightly underthrown

that explains why it was only A STEP.if it wasn't underthrown,it could have been 2 or 3.that's for "Surtain.":snicker2:

SABURZFAN
09-17-2003, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by TypicalBill
but even boogy'u tum tum wouldn't say that stuff to the journalist :p

the FISH will wish they were traveling down Poppy Seed Road after Sunday.

SABURZFAN
09-17-2003, 12:36 PM

We'll see. They certainly looked like it in week 1. But try not to forget that these same players were pretty darned good last season.

yeah....but it's hard to do anything when you have your hands around your neck like they did in minnesota and new england.

TypicalBill
09-17-2003, 12:37 PM
the FISH will wish they were traveling down Poppy Seed Road after Sunday.

:rofl:

PhinPhan1227
09-17-2003, 12:44 PM

yeah....but it's hard to do anything when you have your hands around your neck like they did in minnesota and new england.

Yep, and that was what was so scary about week 1. You'd think that they'd learned their lesson from week 16 and 17. They seemed to turn it around in week 2 however, so I'm waiting until Sunday before passing any judgements good OR bad.

BillsOverDolphins
09-17-2003, 12:45 PM
hey guys...PhinPhan1227 is as knowleadgeable and unbiased a rival fan you will ever see post...I know him from TGG and FH, and he's well respected on both boards...He's not being confrontational, just defending the dolphin players...

I for one didn't think Moulds spat on Surtain...but more importantly, why does anyone care(this includes miami and bills fans)?...Some writer is just trying to cause a ruckus

Ð
09-17-2003, 12:54 PM

PhinPhan1227 is hardly a creative name. :shakeno:

Sounds like something that the State Corrections Board of Florida assigns.

SABURZFAN
09-17-2003, 12:55 PM
:lolcry:

PhinPhan1227
09-17-2003, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by BillsOverDolphins
hey guys...PhinPhan1227 is as knowleadgeable and unbiased a rival fan you will ever see post...I know him from TGG and FH, and he's well respected on both boards...He's not being confrontational, just defending the dolphin players...

I for one didn't think Moulds spat on Surtain...but more importantly, why does anyone care(this includes miami and bills fans)?...Some writer is just trying to cause a ruckus

Gracias hermano...and that was my point. This kind of fervor is what the writer is trying to create. The players would rather deal with it on the field.

cordog
09-17-2003, 01:04 PM
Phinphan, did you see who wrote that story? Jason Cole, a writer for the MIAMI HERALD. Not an AP writer, a MIAMI HERALD writer, another words, its a homer article. Of course hes gonna give a biased opinon on what happened and the ball "magically" changing directions in that 1/16th of a second when marion tipped the ball, which is total BS. Im not sure if you saw that game, but i remember seeing many different replays of that play and the ball did not change directions. I can not believe this writer had the gaul to use the word "lothesome" to refer to Moulds as a person. This man has probably never met Eric and has never seen his character. This is a ridiculous article and a ridiculous journalist.

IHateTheDullphins
09-17-2003, 01:05 PM

Gracias hermano...and that was my point. This kind of fervor is what the writer is trying to create. The players would rather deal with it on the field.

Ohhhhhhh......now I see what you were trying to say! Man, I'm sorry about that stuff I said, I just thought you were being a *****!

:iluvu:

PhinPhan1227
09-17-2003, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by cordog
Phinphan, did you see who wrote that story? Jason Cole, a writer for the MIAMI HERALD. Not an AP writer, a MIAMI HERALD writer, another words, its a homer article. Of course hes gonna give a biased opinon on what happened and the ball "magically" changing directions in that 1/16th of a second when marion tipped the ball, which is total BS. Im not sure if you saw that game, but i remember seeing many different replays of that play and the ball did not change directions. I can not believe this writer had the gaul to use the word "lothesome" to refer to Moulds as a person. This man has probably never met Eric and has never seen his character. This is a ridiculous article and a ridiculous journalist.

And? Does he work for the Dolphins franchise? If you want to jump on someone...jump on the author. The players were asked questions and they answered them. Personally I have nothing against Moulds. If Surtian or Marion do it's because of a perceived slight. Quite honestly I'm sure Moulds believes he did nothing wrong, and I'm sure Surtain and Marion believe he did. That's the nature of conflict. But if this writer didn't drag this crap up, than it would have been dealt with on the field where it bleongs, and not on this thread or this board where it doens't.

PhinPhan1227
09-17-2003, 01:12 PM

Ohhhhhhh......now I see what you were trying to say! Man, I'm sorry about that stuff I said, I just thought you were being a *****!

:iluvu:

Yeesh...I feel a rousing chorus of Khumbaya coming along....:pet:

IHateTheDullphins
09-17-2003, 01:15 PM

Yeesh...I feel a rousing chorus of Khumbaya coming along....:pet:

Nah, I was just kiddin, man. I still hate yer guts!:fish: :laughter:

cordog
09-17-2003, 01:18 PM
And? Does he work for the Dolphins franchise? If you want to jump on someone...jump on the author. The players were asked questions and they answered them. Personally I have nothing against Moulds. If Surtian or Marion do it's because of a perceived slight. Quite honestly I'm sure Moulds believes he did nothing wrong, and I'm sure Surtain and Marion believe he did. That's the nature of conflict. But if this writer didn't drag this crap up, than it would have been dealt with on the field where it bleongs, and not on this thread or this board where it doens't.

LOL not too long ago you were defending him about the ball "magically" changing directions by saying "thats how he saw it" Typical phin phanny, talking out of both sides of your mouth

Tatonka
09-17-2003, 01:51 PM
phin.. i like you.

The_Philster
09-17-2003, 04:05 PM
And I could say the exact same thing about Brock Marion. The man's a consumate profesional.

He's a former Cowboy...the only thing those guys are pros at is taking drugs.

helmetguy
09-17-2003, 10:33 PM

You mean the same D that allowed Vinny Interceptaverde to pass for 373 yards last Sunday? That Defense?

MDFINFAN
09-17-2003, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
phin.. i like you.

Unfortunately Tatonka, most of the guys here, missed what Phin is saying and rather talk smack..they get so boring, it's the same crap and same thing over and over. Some times the homers on our board and the homers on this board take over the whole discussion of football with crap smack and it loses the appeal of discussing the teams or team in this forum. What a waste of the mind and what could have been a good forum...

lordofgun
09-17-2003, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by MDFINFAN
Unfortunately Tatonka, most of the guys here, missed what Phin is saying and rather talk smack..they get so boring, it's the same crap and same thing over and over. Some times the homers on our board and the homers on this board take over the whole discussion of football with crap smack and it loses the appeal of discussing the teams or team in this forum. What a waste of the mind and what could have been a good forum...

Cry me a freaking river. :D

MDFINFAN
09-17-2003, 10:59 PM

Cry me a freaking river. :D

:lolcry:

If it wasn't you LOG, I'd really say something.

lordofgun
09-17-2003, 11:09 PM
:D

SABURZFAN
09-18-2003, 02:57 AM
Originally posted by MDFINFAN

Unfortunately Tatonka, most of the guys here, missed what Phin is saying and rather talk smack..they get so boring, it's the same crap and same thing over and over. Some times the homers on our board and the homers on this board take over the whole discussion of football with crap smack and it loses the appeal of discussing the teams or team in this forum.

but yet,BF1 and myself get banned for talking smack in the Smack Forum.nice try.

PhinPhan1227
09-18-2003, 07:54 AM

LOL not too long ago you were defending him about the ball "magically" changing directions by saying "thats how he saw it" Typical phin phanny, talking out of both sides of your mouth

Put the beer down for a minute and actually read the post. At no point did I defend the author. How is stating that he expressed his opinion "defending" him? For those who DID receive a decent education from the State of New York, my apologies, but some of your bretheren apparently skipped reading comprehention.

cordog
09-18-2003, 09:40 AM

This isnt defending him? Did you see that game or that play? If so you would have seen that there was no "shifting" of the ball and you would not have posted the above. Pick up a beer dude and loosen up.

PhinPhan1227
09-18-2003, 09:54 AM

This isnt defending him? Did you see that game or that play? If so you would have seen that there was no "shifting" of the ball and you would not have posted the above. Pick up a beer dude and loosen up.

No it's not defending him. It's pointing out that if he makes the comment in HIS article that the wind carried the ball out of Surtains hands, that's HIS opinion. It's not mine or the players...it's HIS. Further, it's an OPINION!! That doesn't make it right OR wrong, and I've made no statement one way or the other. I've neither defended nor attacked his opinion on that PLAY. I have however repeatedly attacked him for writing the article in the first place. Look, there's noting wrong with drinking while typing...but don't look at your screen through beer goggles...it's just not pretty!!:shake:

helmetguy
09-18-2003, 10:04 AM
No it's not defending him. It's pointing out that if he makes the comment in HIS article that the wind carried the ball out of Surtains hands, that's HIS opinion. It's not mine or the players...it's HIS. Further, it's an OPINION!! That doesn't make it right OR wrong, and I've made no statement one way or the other. I've neither defended nor attacked his opinion on that PLAY. I have however repeatedly attacked him for writing the article in the first place. Look, there's noting wrong with drinking while typing...but don't look at your screen through beer goggles...it's just not pretty!!:shake:

So, in other words, in the absence of verification from Marion (regarding the phantom wind) the author of the article made it up? If that's the case, what's the point in defending such a licenscious opinion from some hack? What need did this same hack fulfill for the Phin Phateful? The author's OPINION can not explain what actually happened. All it does is provide an excuse for a failure; an excuse that seems to mollify a great many of you down there.

PhinPhan1227
09-18-2003, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by helmetguy

So, in other words, in the absence of verification from Marion (regarding the phantom wind) the author of the article made it up? If that's the case, what's the point in defending such a licenscious opinion from some hack? What need did this same hack fulfill for the Phin Phateful? The author's OPINION can not explain what actually happened. All it does is provide an excuse for a failure; an excuse that seems to mollify a great many of you down there.

I don't know...you'll have to ask someone who actually DEFENDED him...God, there are some bright posters here, but there are also some INCREDIBLE morons!!!

Bulldog
09-18-2003, 10:24 AM

I don't know...you'll have to ask someone who actually DEFENDED him...God, there are some bright posters here, but there are also some INCREDIBLE morons!!!

Count yourself among them!:snicker2:

PhinPhan1227
09-18-2003, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Bulldog

Count yourself among them!:snicker2:

Lol...hey, show me a post where I've been inncurate, or failed to read the post I replied to, and I'll be happy to accept the label..:psyche:

lordofgun
09-18-2003, 11:06 AM
Thanks for the ZoneBucks. :up:

PhinPhan1227
09-18-2003, 11:17 AM
Thanks for the ZoneBucks. :up:

You're welcome... I have no idea what zonebucks are, but you're welcome anyway..:cool: