PDA

View Full Version : Can Buffalo Win without a balanced attack?

DrewBledsoeDynasty
09-17-2003, 09:34 AM
I know i've said the bills are unstoppable as of the first two games, but can they go all the way if T.H. doesn't wake up and make a bigger contribution.

Its not like we have the hardest schedule.... but we don't have the easiest either.

I'm confident to look pass those useless fins.... the game i'm worried about is against Philly the next game.

I know they haven't played too well, but its only a matter of time before they regain their form.

You can't tell too much from two games, but i think Philly will be a tougher opponent than Miami.

T.H isn't a premier back... sure he got 1100 yds rushing last year, but so did Olandis Gary in 2000.... so 1 season don't mean ****.

I hope Mcgahee pans out for the future.... whats everybody else think.

GO BILLS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Patrick76777
09-17-2003, 09:36 AM
He'll wake up. No doubt about it.

JayWood
09-17-2003, 09:38 AM
The jags played to stop the run hands down so when that happens we attck the air ways. It all depends on how the phins want to stop us, we will get a good feel early and then adjust as need be...iam ready bring on the damn phins

LtBillsFan66
09-17-2003, 09:40 AM
I think we do have a balanced attack. Yardage wise, no. But playcalling wise, we have mixed it up a lot more than we have the past few years. It's just a matter of time for the running game to click. One hand washes the other IMO. So the passing game is opened up by the running game and vice versa. Also having a solid D helps the O out tremendously.

Jan Reimers
09-17-2003, 09:46 AM
I don't think we'll see as much of the 8 in the box as the Jags played, so we ought to be able to run the ball more effectively. With our balance, we're a difficult team to defense.

PhinPhan1227
09-17-2003, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by DrewBledsoeDynasty

I'm confident to look pass those useless fins.... the game i'm worried about is against Philly the next game.

I hope your players do exactly that.

DrewBledsoeDynasty
09-17-2003, 10:06 AM
you now what phinphan or whatever you call yourself... if i were you, id get myself a quarterback, cause run and gun wins games, and if you can't even get passed Houston ( disgracefully might i add) then don't run your mouth about " i hope your players do exact that".

I hope Buffalo trounces your pathetic excuse for a team..... hey maybe you guys will actually sell out a game, since your such BIG football fans.

Throne Logic
09-17-2003, 10:12 AM
I know i've said the bills are unstoppable as of the first two games, but can they go all the way if T.H. doesn't wake up and make a bigger contribution.

Its not like we have the hardest schedule.... but we don't have the easiest either.

I know they haven't played too well, but its only a matter of time before they regain their form.

You can't tell too much from two games, but i think Philly will be a tougher opponent than Miami.

T.H isn't a premier back... sure he got 1100 yds rushing last year, but so did Olandis Gary in 2000.... so 1 season don't mean ****.

I hope Mcgahee pans out for the future.... whats everybody else think.

Well, Travis had more than 1400 yards last year in a system that did not favor the RB.

So far this year, teams have been lined up to defend the run. The Jags did this to a major fault. This is why they both kept our running game in check (easier to do with 8 men keyed on your RB) and why they lost the game.

If Miami wants to stop Travis at the expense of giving up big pass plays, let them. I'm sure they can manage to hold Travis to less than 50 yards. They'll just have to live with Drew tossing for 350 - 400. If they make any attempt to cover the Bills' receivers, then you will see Travis run for over 100 yards.

The important thing is this: regardless of the effectiveness of the run game, you have to stick with it at least enough to keep the defense honest. Buffalo ran the ball over 20 times last game. It didn't gain much in the yardage category, but it did keep the Jags in the box allowing the passing game to soar.

Patrick76777
09-17-2003, 10:14 AM
Pick your poison!!!!

PhinPhan1227
09-17-2003, 10:15 AM
you now what phinphan or whatever you call yourself... if i were you, id get myself a quarterback, cause run and gun wins games, and if you can't even get passed Houston ( disgracefully might i add) then don't run your mouth about " i hope your players do exact that".

I hope Buffalo trounces your pathetic excuse for a team..... hey maybe you guys will actually sell out a game, since your such BIG football fans.

Once again ignorance has arrived. Check the records Sparky...we've sold out all of our regular season games for quite a while now. And Houston is exactly the point I'm making. We looked "past"("passed" would be the past tense of "pass") the Texans and suffered a loss as a result. If the Bills do the same, I can see them suffering the same fate.

nolimit
09-17-2003, 10:20 AM
like tom jackson put it, its not how many rush yards, its how mant attempts! The bills game plan was very balanced last week!

HenryRules
09-17-2003, 10:21 AM
How can it be said that last year's offense did not favour the RB?

It did not favour the running game, but Henry was right up there in the top 5 for carries.

Other than that, I agree with pretty much everything TL said and I still can't believe that after one bad game people are saying that TH is nothing.

WagonCircler
09-17-2003, 12:24 PM
Travis will be fine. Just wait until teams start trying to focus on stopping Drew, then Travis will make them pay they way Drew's been making them pay the past two weeks.

LtBillsFan66
09-17-2003, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by nolimit
like tom jackson put it, its not how many rush yards, its how mant attempts! The bills game plan was very balanced last week!

Exactly!

colin
09-17-2003, 01:01 PM
Travis got huge yards last year because our opposition was keying in on stopping the pass, and in a few games we should have run much more. That system, with the D we faced, was great for an RB.

Even with Ds trying to stop our run, we are still moving the ball very well, so I am not too worried, as we are still putting the ground game in, and the good results in the endzone are great.

Aero II
09-17-2003, 01:22 PM
With Miami's 32nd ranked pass D, thay can't afford to use 8 in the box like the Jags did.

Stewie
09-17-2003, 03:54 PM

I beg to differ. TH had 8 games with 125+ yards last year, which was first in the league. When looking at number of games with 25+ carries, he was 8th in the league. That means he got more done with less. And it was with an offensive that had one guy (RBrown) with one year+ experience at the spot they were playing at coming into the season. Give the OL and Travis time, and maybe a game where we're not blowing the other team out. They'll be fine...

The_Philster
09-17-2003, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers
I don't think we'll see as much of the 8 in the box as the Jags played, so we ought to be able to run the ball more effectively. With our balance, we're a difficult team to defense.

They can go 8 in the box all they want. Their front line isn't nearly as good as the Jags'

RedEyE
09-17-2003, 04:40 PM
I can't take another thread about Travis Henry and his "lack of contribution". Travis had one game with low yardage and suddenly everyone wants to jump on him for it. I guess the 90 yards that he posted on the ground in the 1st game just didn't count. And the 5 TDs in that he had in the first 2 games aren't worthy of noting either.

RedEyE
09-17-2003, 05:03 PM
...and BTW, since were on the subject, screw McGahee until he not only proves that he is capable of running the ball in this league, but that he won't be another college star that goes bust in the NFL.

shelby
09-17-2003, 05:08 PM
Travis will continue to contribute to the offense...i think he's one of the better RBs in the league, and that he will have another good year. As long as the rushing attempts are there, i am satisfied. i have been pleasantly surprised at KG's willingness to commit to the run thus far, whether it was effective or not. Balance is the key.

RedEyE
09-17-2003, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by shelby
Travis will continue to contribute to the offense...i think he's one of the better RBs in the league, and that he will have another good year. As long as the rushing attempts are there, i am satisfied. i have been pleasantly surprised at KG's willingness to commit to the run thus far, whether it was effective or not. Balance is the key.

:clap: Thank you. Finally, a breath of fresh air.

helmetguy
09-17-2003, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by PhinPhan1227
I hope your players do exactly that.

You SHOULD hope they do! What other hope can you possibly have?

Buffatexas
09-17-2003, 07:47 PM
I think if you are Travis Henry, you have to feel really motivated knowing there is a guy behind you that people will look at. Granted, it would never be hyped like a QB controversy but still. Only the educated football fan can see that the Jags obviously planned to stop Travis. Which they did until we got in the redzone. Bledsoe burned them the rest of the way. I am so looking forward to watching opposing coaches get frustrated when they think they stuffed the run when we torch them with the pass

stuckincincy
09-20-2003, 06:51 AM
Play fake to Henry a few times and hand it to Gash and watch a few fish screw themselves into the ground.

snow1989
09-20-2003, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by shelby

well said....the yards will come...I really believe teams are stacking against the run because of all the off-season hype of us being a 'one-dimensional' team and how we would be committed to establishing the run.....our passing game has proved too effective so far....so soon I look for teams to start defending the pass first, and that will open up the yards for TH....our team is finally balanced enough that its become a two-edged sword

Ð
09-20-2003, 08:03 AM
I'll take the new, improved Travis "Red Zone" Henry and his league-leading 5 TD's anyday.

The yards will come...

helmetguy
09-20-2003, 11:09 AM
Here's a point for PhinPHAN and his evolutionary dead-end buddies to ponder: Buffalo can use its passing game to help open up the ground game. Can Miami do the same? Or, even IF Miami has success on the ground, will it open up the passing game for them?

I'll answer for you....NO...and HELL NO!

LABillsFan
09-22-2003, 12:34 AM
No