PDA

View Full Version : We have to stop Ricky Williams from running but just as importantly...

mchurchfie
09-17-2003, 11:00 AM
we have to stop him from catching that stupid little swing pass that they do with him on the right side. He always gets tons of yardage with that after the catch and it is also Gay Fiddler's comfort zone bread and butter play. We have to make Fiddler beat us deep.

saviorbledsoe
09-17-2003, 11:08 AM
TKO and Winfeild will be there to rip Rickys dreads out for an 8 yard loss before he can say "i got it dumbo."

ryven
09-17-2003, 11:12 AM
Winfield was an animal last week picking up those swing passes and I hope he does it again.

SABURZFAN
09-17-2003, 12:50 PM
good point church and i don't think that Dumbo can beat us deep.

The_Philster
09-17-2003, 03:59 PM
That'll be the key. We have had problems handling the short passing game for years. We need to keep those seams in the middle closed up better...with Milloy or a nickel or dime back.

Throne Logic
09-17-2003, 04:06 PM
I'm actually a bit more concerned about the runs up the middle. Teams have been more successfull with this in the first two games than I would have thought with Pat and Sam in there. Ricky's fairly strong up the middle.

Dolfan984
09-17-2003, 04:08 PM
Watch out for Konrad too, his finger is finnally healed up (Had to wear a cast) and they're making Ricky a decoy sometimes and tossing it to Konrad. Usually goes for a good gain. (6-10 yards) You're gunna be hit with every player.

Ð
09-17-2003, 04:13 PM
I just realized we have Sam & pat up the middle & the Phins have Sam & Pat on the side.

Dolfan984
09-17-2003, 04:19 PM
Yup, and their all the same too.

Surtain and Williams are both very good and have been playing at a probowl level for a while.

and...

Adams and Madison, both overrated.

Schobel94
09-17-2003, 04:58 PM
How many ints for TD's does surtain have? Oh yeah thats right...

helmetguy
09-17-2003, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster
That'll be the key. We have had problems handling the short passing game for years. We need to keep those seams in the middle closed up better...with Milloy or a nickel or dime back.

It doesn't hurt that we have that added speed at LB this year, either.

Originally posted by Throne Logic
I'm actually a bit more concerned about the runs up the middle. Teams have been more successfull with this in the first two games than I would have thought with Pat and Sam in there. Ricky's fairly strong up the middle.

The biggest share of that yardage came when the Bills were in semi-prevent mode, after getting off to a fast start and grabbing a big lead. Otherwise, the D has been solid at every layer.

MDFINFAN
09-17-2003, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by Schobel94
How many ints for TD's does surtain have? Oh yeah thats right...

You mean other than the one in the Denver game last year..well there' s the one...and the,,who cares, why? I just want him to intercept and stop a drive..Period..