PDA

View Full Version : With Surtain and Madison....

ryjam282
09-17-2003, 12:30 PM
With those two showing that they don't have that much this year....Do you think that make Clements and Winfield the best tandem in the AFC East? What about the AFC? or the NFL? Your thoughts...I think Winfield is one of the best tacklers in the NFL for sure and Clements has such great gaining speed after he lets the WR get by him. Together it makes our D able to blitz a little more if needed and not feel like they will get burned. What do you guys think?

Ryan

GO BILLS!!!

LtBillsFan66
09-17-2003, 12:37 PM
In my biased opinion, I think so. They held their own the last two years without the benefit of a decent pass rush. Some of my fellow Bills fans don't agree with me using the term "lockdown" to describe both of them. Maybe they are not as "lockdown" as Deion Sanders was, but I have yet to see either beaten badly (other than Winfield in pre-season).

I hate the knock on Winfield about lack of picks. He friggin more than makes up for it with his tackling. He's an openfield machine.

What other duos are there in the NFL?

PhinPhan1227
09-17-2003, 12:40 PM
Problem isn't Mad/Surt, although they've been dealing with nagging injuries. The problem has been the switch to a zone defense, and they're readjusting that scheme. Maybe we should wait until week 3 before annointing the best CB tandem in the NFL?

LtBillsFan66
09-17-2003, 12:49 PM
Yeah, we'll wait. But Winfield and Clements have been playing great for 2 years together, so this isn't some knee-jerk to our start this season.