PDA

View Full Version : Tired of hearing of Miami's winning tradition

L.A. Playa
09-17-2003, 05:32 PM
Wasn't the last time that the Dolphins where in the Super Bowl 20 years ago ????? Buffalo may have not won a Super bowl but seem like we havent had that long of a drought. Also, will be interesting to see how Miami does when they reach salary cap hell next year

Buffatexas
09-17-2003, 07:51 PM
Please dont ask any fish fans about superbowls, Every time i get into a debate at work about Bills vs Fins. I get 1972 thrown in my face....WHEN WILL IT STOP????????

imbondz
09-17-2003, 08:00 PM
it'll stop when we win one.

PhinPhan1227
09-18-2003, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by pmacla
Wasn't the last time that the Dolphins where in the Super Bowl 20 years ago ????? Buffalo may have not won a Super bowl but seem like we havent had that long of a drought. Also, will be interesting to see how Miami does when they reach salary cap hell next year

Lol...quite honestly, nothing in the NFL that's more than a few WEEKS old means anything. That being said, why in the world is it wrong for Miami fans to be proud of the Phins history? We're the wiiningest franchise in NFL history, and I can GUARRANTEE that Bills fans would be crowing about that fact if THEY could claim that stat.

Jan Reimers
09-18-2003, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by imbondz

Let's make it this year.

Dozerdog
09-18-2003, 08:55 AM
They have 2 Championships, and so do the Bills. (1964, 1965)

We've been to the Championship Games a total of 7 times (2-5 ) They have been 5 times (2-3)

I'd rather have 7 shots at a ring than 5

bob the football fan
09-18-2003, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by PhinPhan1227

Lol...quite honestly, nothing in the NFL that's more than a few WEEKS old means anything. That being said, why in the world is it wrong for Miami fans to be proud of the Phins history? We're the wiiningest franchise in NFL history, and I can GUARRANTEE that Bills fans would be crowing about that fact if THEY could claim that stat.

Hey Phin Phan: Where did you get off saying, the dullphins are the NFL's Winnningest franchise???

All I know is that there is at least One team, Green Bay who have more years (82) and definately more Championship titles(12) than your beloved dullphins. If you believe that Crap about the Dullphins well you are living in a fantasy land, and i am not talking about Disney world

GO BILLS SQUISH THE FISH!!!!!!!

GOD BLESS AMERICA NEVER FORGET 09-11-01 :patriot:

PhinPhan1227
09-18-2003, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by bob the football fan
[QUOTE]Originally posted by PhinPhan1227

Lol...quite honestly, nothing in the NFL that's more than a few WEEKS old means anything. That being said, why in the world is it wrong for Miami fans to be proud of the Phins history? We're the wiiningest franchise in NFL history, and I can GUARRANTEE that Bills fans would be crowing about that fact if THEY could claim that stat. [/QUOTE

Hey Phin Phan: Where did you get off saying, the dullphins are the NFL's Winnningest franchise???

All I know is that there is at least One team, Green Bay who have more years (82) and definately more Championship titles(12) than your beloved dullphins. If you believe that Crap about the Dullphins well you are living in a fantasy land, and i am not talking about Disney world

I get off saying that because it's true. We have the best win/loss percentage of any NFL team. Go look it up. Heck, even ESPN bestowed that title on the Phins...so if you have an issue with it, take it up with them.

PhinPhan1227
09-18-2003, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by bob the football fan
[QUOTE]Originally posted by PhinPhan1227

Lol...quite honestly, nothing in the NFL that's more than a few WEEKS old means anything. That being said, why in the world is it wrong for Miami fans to be proud of the Phins history? We're the wiiningest franchise in NFL history, and I can GUARRANTEE that Bills fans would be crowing about that fact if THEY could claim that stat. [/QUOTE

I get off saying that because it's true. We have the best win/loss percentage of any NFL team. Go look it up. Heck, even ESPN bestowed that title on the Phins...so if you have an issue with it, take it up with them.

MDFINFAN
09-18-2003, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by imbondz

Exactly, just like our December thing from you guys will stop when we win consistently in Dec. Good post.

L.A. Playa
09-18-2003, 01:11 PM
The way the NFL is today even last season means nothing. Miami losing twice to Buffalo last year means nothing today. They are two totally different teams now. Miami has consistently over the years won REGULAR season games but hasnt been even to an AFC championship game since 1992. Look closely at your winning tradition come playoff time you have been to 7 afc championship games and congrats on winning 2 Super Bowls in the 70's but the fact is Buffalo has been to 8 afc championships including one in Miami wher they crushed the Dolphins and have won 2 AFL titles which mean we could have won 2 super bowls if they wher played back then anyway, winning matters come playoff time and Miami doesnt have that great of a record come playoff time. So your so-called winning tradition means nothing since none of your players have ever won anything. I believe none of your players have Super Bowl Rings. Buffalo has at least three I can think of off the top of my head. I hope both teams come out injury free Sunday, but please stop the crap of winning traditions regular season wins and playoff flops mean nothing. At least the Bills made it to 4 straight Super Bowls and didn't flop in the early post season. And based on recent history (past 15 years) Buffalo has more of a winning tradition than Miami anyway.

PhinPhan1227
09-18-2003, 01:26 PM
The way the NFL is today even last season means nothing. Miami losing twice to Buffalo last year means nothing today. They are two totally different teams now. Miami has consistently over the years won REGULAR season games but hasnt been even to an AFC championship game since 1992. Look closely at your winning tradition come playoff time you have been to 7 afc championship games and congrats on winning 2 Super Bowls in the 70's but the fact is Buffalo has been to 8 afc championships including one in Miami wher they crushed the Dolphins and have won 2 AFL titles which mean we could have won 2 super bowls if they wher played back then anyway, winning matters come playoff time and Miami doesnt have that great of a record come playoff time. So your so-called winning tradition means nothing since none of your players have ever won anything. I believe none of your players have Super Bowl Rings. Buffalo has at least three I can think of off the top of my head. I hope both teams come out injury free Sunday, but please stop the crap of winning traditions regular season wins and playoff flops mean nothing. At least the Bills made it to 4 straight Super Bowls and didn't flop in the early post season. And based on recent history (past 15 years) Buffalo has more of a winning tradition than Miami anyway.

Please tell me you aren't crowing about Superbowl rings won by players on OTHER teams?

L.A. Playa
09-18-2003, 01:33 PM
no crowing stating facts the Bills have some players who know what it feels to win a Super Bowl. Miami has players that know how it feels to win a regular season game in September. They also know how it feels to wear ugly creamsicle jersey's that make them look rather fruity lol

SABURZFAN
09-18-2003, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by MDFINFAN

Exactly, just like our December thing from you guys will stop when we win consistently in Dec.

we say that???

NONSENSE!!!!!!!:snicker2:

PhinPhan1227
09-19-2003, 07:21 AM
no crowing stating facts the Bills have some players who know what it feels to win a Super Bowl. Miami has players that know how it feels to win a regular season game in September. They also know how it feels to wear ugly creamsicle jersey's that make them look rather fruity lol

Lol...at least we're still original. How many teams are red white and blue now? And if we look fruity, once again, how bad will it be to get beaten by a fruity team?

Herdwatcher
09-19-2003, 07:42 AM

Wasn't it Danny's rookie year? They played at Stanford stadium I do believe. Think it was to be played in SF. I can't remember why they played else where.

The_Philster
09-19-2003, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Herdwatcher
Wasn't it Danny's rookie year? They played at Stanford stadium I do believe.

Correct on both counts.

helmetguy
09-19-2003, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by PhinPhan1227
Lol...at least we're still original. How many teams are red white and blue now?

The Bills have been Red, White and Blue since 1961.

Oh, and this year's Doltfins aren't a hell of a lot different from last year's Doltfins, personnel-wise.

dolfan25
09-20-2003, 01:24 AM
So your so-called winning tradition means nothing since none of your players have ever won anything. I believe none of your players have Super Bowl Rings. Buffalo has at least three I can think of off the top of my head.

Uh when did you start watching football Jr?

Try Brock Marion winning 2 rings with the Cowboys in '93 and '95.

Jeff Zgonina winning with the Rams in '99.

Terrell Buckley winning with the Pats in '01.

Rob Burnett winning with the Ravens in '00.

Obafemi Ayanbadejo(sp) with the Ravens in '00.

Brian Griese with the Broncos in '98.

You should probably know what you're talking about before spouting off.

dolfan25
09-20-2003, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
They have 2 Championships, and so do the Bills. (1964, 1965)

We've been to the Championship Games a total of 7 times (2-5 ) They have been 5 times (2-3)

I'd rather have 7 shots at a ring than 5

Keep telling yourself Dozerdog that those AFL championships mean as much as a Super Bowl. I just have to watch Tim Russert be nearly brought to tears when talking about an imaginary SB championship in Buffalo to realize that they don't mean squat.

dolfan25
09-20-2003, 01:50 AM
and have won 2 AFL titles which mean we could have won 2 super bowls if they wher played back then anyway,

I'm sure Lombardi's Packers and Jim Brown's Browns would've shaking in their boots to play that vaunted Bills AFL champion.

NFL championships and SB's are what counts not AFL championships. No one brags about AFL Championships.

Ask almost any NFL fan what Buffalo's record in the championship is and 90% of them will say 0-4 not 2-5.

Basically if the trophy doesn't say Vince Lombardi or Super Bowl champion on it it doesn't mean a thing.

The_Philster
09-20-2003, 05:05 AM
Originally posted by dolfan25
I'm sure Lombardi's Packers and Jim Brown's Browns would've shaking in their boots to play that vaunted Bills AFL champion.

If the Browns wouldn't have been scared to play the 64 Bills, they'd be shown to be as foolish as the Dolphins would be to not be scared to face us Sunday night.

Originally posted by dolfan25
NFL championships and SB's are what counts not AFL championships. No one brags about AFL Championships.

Ask almost any NFL fan what Buffalo's record in the championship is and 90% of them will say 0-4 not 2-5.

Basically if the trophy doesn't say Vince Lombardi or Super Bowl champion on it it doesn't mean a thing.
:lol: You DO know that the Dolphins started as an AFL team right? As far as NFL fans not recognizing the AFL Championships, you have stupid people everywhere. If they don't know their history, then they should refrain from opening their traps.