PDA

View Full Version : Miami fans trying to convince themselves that Chambers is better than Moulds!

nolimit
09-17-2003, 09:18 PM
Its a shame that our rivals fans have pea sized brains!

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23150

The Spaz
09-17-2003, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by nolimit

I saw this and felt there was no need to comment on this stupidity.:hammer:

nolimit
09-17-2003, 09:20 PM
honestly it is probably the most ridiculous thread i have ever seen! It really just makes all of them look incredibly dumb!

Novacane
09-17-2003, 09:22 PM
I know there are homers on every board but anyone that would take Chambers over Moulds is just plain being foolish.

Thats like me saying I'd take Joe Burns over Ricky Williams

MDFINFAN
09-17-2003, 09:30 PM
That's the first time I've seen this, but Chambers is not a prime time Moulds, but he is quietly having a good start to the season. He will have to do this for the rest of the year and of course at least 2 more to get in Moulds class. But he does have the potential and now needs to do it on the field. But we have our homers, like you guys have yours..

helmetguy
09-17-2003, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by nolimit

Read the entire thread. It gets even better!

MDFINFAN
09-17-2003, 09:59 PM
and besides, the guy did write this..disclaimer.

Quote:
As you can see Chambers has an edge this season, further more that makes him the far superior reciever. (ok so im exagerating a little bit)

Please and u guys get into this, he's just comparing the 2 after 2 games....He obviously knows Moulds has proven himself longer than Chambers.....I wonder what Chamber could do with a QB like Drew, well Drews arms, I'd like to keep Jay's mobility.

SABURZFAN
09-18-2003, 03:01 AM
if chambers has the better numbers by years end,then i will admit that he's better than moulds.but only for that year.

SABURZFAN
09-18-2003, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by MDFINFAN
I wonder what Chamber could do with a QB like Drew, well Drews arms, I'd like to keep Jay's mobility.

would you like ice cream with that cake too?

don137
09-18-2003, 05:20 AM
Chambers is a good receiver but he is not even close to the league of Moulds. I am not sold on Chambers until I see him consistently make good catches over the middle. He is making some nice sideline catches but I do not think he is the same player since the Broncos game last year and fears going across the middle.

Ð
09-18-2003, 05:30 AM
Hey, they have their share of 13 yr old jerkoffs there, but if you dig into the thread there are also folks who recognize who the better receiver has ben historically. The thread starter was also a bit tongue in cheek about the whole stat comparasin thing, so I wouldn't get too excited over this thread.

robeezy
09-18-2003, 05:31 AM
I can't stop laughing!

Aero II
09-18-2003, 05:36 AM
Why Chambers numbers are better right now,

When your team is playing from behind or in a very close game you have to throw the ball. When you blow out both opponets you don't have to throw.

Maybe if the Fishy D was able to shut down the offensive attack that is the Texans and Jets, Chambers #'s would be lower.

indianabillsfan
09-18-2003, 05:59 AM
All Chris Chambers does is catch touchdowns. Wait a minute, that's Chris Carter.

Everybody, even those who are not Buffalo or Miami fans, knows that Moulds is the man. Chambers needs about 3 years of 80 catches and 1200 yards and a couple of Pro Bowls to even be considered with the elite receivers such as Moulds. Does 2 good weeks to start the season qualify Chambers for such consideration? No. Anquan Boldin of the Arizona Cardinals has about 280 yards receiving after two weeks, but I don't think we are going to hear him considered with the likes of Terrell Owens, Randy Moss, Marvin Harrison, or Eric Moulds. As for the potential of Chambers, he may have all the potential in the world but that does not mean that he is going to be able to realize that potential. Ryan Leaf had potential. Every NFL player has potential. That's like saying you're going to play one game at a time. It's so obvious that it should go without saying.

The guy that started that thread probably also believed Ray Lucas was the best backup QB in the NFL last season because he played well in his 2 career starts leading up to Fiedler's injury. We all know what happened after that. It was probably thought that Lucas had starting "potential" but he put that to rest with his performance last year.

What will we be reading next, that Fiedler is superior to Bledsoe?
:lolcry:

:fish:

Earthquake Enyart
09-18-2003, 06:14 AM
Nice job bf1. :bf1:

PhinPhan1227
09-18-2003, 09:18 AM
Obviously Moulds has to be considered the better WR. He's got the career numbers to back the claim. But if Chambers puts up similar numbers this season...wouldn't the fact that Moulds was being thrown to by Bledsoe versus Chambers who's being thrown to by Fiedler, swing things in Chambers favor?

lordofgun
09-18-2003, 09:28 AM
Wow, just read the thread. That was boring.

TedMock
09-18-2003, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by PhinPhan1227
Obviously Moulds has to be considered the better WR. He's got the career numbers to back the claim. But if Chambers puts up similar numbers this season...wouldn't the fact that Moulds was being thrown to by Bledsoe versus Chambers who's being thrown to by Fiedler, swing things in Chambers favor?

I personally think Chambers is a very good WR in the making. If he puts up comparable numbers this year then that would mean he's on his way. As of now he's nowhere close to Moulds' caliber. Chambers is in his third year which is when Moulds became our #1 guy. That was 5 years ago so we'll talk in 5 years and see. Also, Feidler is definitely not Bledsoe but having a short threat like McMichael and a RB like Ricky Williams helps quite a bit as well. I do think that Moulds is surrounded with more talent, I won't deny that but I don't think Chambers is yet in his class. As of 2 games in their numbers are almost identical.

Moulds: 11 cathces, 214 yards, 19.5 avg., 1 TD, long of 49
Chambers: 11 catches, 209 yards, 19 avg., 2 TD, long of 57

AMMONS316
09-18-2003, 09:57 AM
Chambers a flash Moulds the real deal!!!!!!!!!!

Ammons 3:16

StanMarino13
09-18-2003, 10:08 AM
Theres no doubt about it Moulds is a number one wr and top 5 in the league. There still is question whether Chambers can be a number 1 wr just this offseason. We'll have to wait and see on him if he lives up to his potential. And maybe like somebody else said after 5 years then look and compare the two. I would think that Chambers would be hard pressed to match Moulds numbers against the fins when playing buffalo though, cuz damn even if we win we always spot Mouldsy at least 75 yards and a td.

PhinPhan1227
09-18-2003, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by StanMarino13
Theres no doubt about it Moulds is a number one wr and top 5 in the league. There still is question whether Chambers can be a number 1 wr just this offseason. We'll have to wait and see on him if he lives up to his potential. And maybe like somebody else said after 5 years then look and compare the two. I would think that Chambers would be hard pressed to match Moulds numbers against the fins when playing buffalo though, cuz damn even if we win we always spot Mouldsy at least 75 yards and a td.

As I said on another site...the only way Chambers wins out right now is if you were drafting for an expansion team. That or if you were dealing with a mediocre QB who would REALLY be helped by Chambers athletic ability. Bottom line, yes Moulds is certainly the superior WR. But I think that I'd rather have Chambers right now because he compliments our QB better, and he's got a LOT more years left in him(cheaper too).

indianabillsfan
09-19-2003, 07:39 AM
Phinfan, you have a point about Chambers having more years left than Moulds, but the athletic ability advantage is debatable. Moulds played Division I basketball, so he's no slouch.

As for your post at the top of the page, saying that Chambers has to be given consideration because he is being thrown to by Fiedler and not Bledsoe, is not a valid argument in my opinion. I ask you to consider who Moulds was being thrown to when he was at the point in his career where Chambers is now. In Moulds' rookie year, Jim Kelly was in decline in his last year with Buffalo in 1996. In Moulds' second year, 1997, the QB was future Hall of Famer Todd Collins. In 1998, comeback king Doug Flutie was behind center, and this was Moulds' breakout year, setting a franchise record for receiving yards. In 1999 and 2000, perennial Pro Bowler Rob Johnson manned the QB spot, with help from Flutie. Johnson was back in 2001 before getting hurt, again, and career backup Alex Van Pelt was the signal-caller. And of course Bledsoe has been the man since the 2002 season.

This is Chambers' 3rd season, which is usually the breakout year for a WR. It will be interesting to look at his numbers at the end of the year. But, all things being equal, forget about salary, age, who would be more likely to be picked by an expansion team, etc., Moulds is superior. If you polled the 32 General Managers in the NFL on who they would rather have RIGHT NOW on their team, I have a pretty good idea what 31 of those GM's would say. Miami might abstain from voting at the risk of creating an issue with their players.

For my last point, I want to think hypothetically for a moment. Suppose Chambers and Moulds were both on the same team. Who do you think that team would want their QB to throw to? I don't pretend to know everything about football, but I do know the answer to that question.

PhinPhan1227
09-19-2003, 07:48 AM
I can't really disagree with any of that...but then again, none of that really disagreed with my point either. If the LA was given a team right NOW, and both Chambers and Moulds were in the expansion draft(yeah RIGHT!!), I think the smart move would be Chambers. Taking Moulds gives you a bit more hype for when you're going to be a bad team, but Chambers gives you a LOT more years, and he gives it to them exactly when they'll need it most. Bottom line, maybe Moulds wins a bad team 2-3 more games. But a 6-7 year Chambers gives them a lot more than a 12-13 year Eric Moulds. As for athletic ability, I know Moulds played B-ball...but Chambers outjumped the scale. Once again...TODAY, Moulds is by far the superior WR. But I can certainly see scenarios where Chambers would have more value.(Speaking of which, Chambers is a heck of a lot cheaper)

Originally posted by indianabillsfan
Phinfan, you have a point about Chambers having more years left than Moulds, but the athletic ability advantage is debatable. Moulds played Division I basketball, so he's no slouch.

As for your post at the top of the page, saying that Chambers has to be given consideration because he is being thrown to by Fiedler and not Bledsoe, is not a valid argument in my opinion. I ask you to consider who Moulds was being thrown to when he was at the point in his career where Chambers is now. In Moulds' rookie year, Jim Kelly was in decline in his last year with Buffalo in 1996. In Moulds' second year, 1997, the QB was future Hall of Famer Todd Collins. In 1998, comeback king Doug Flutie was behind center, and this was Moulds' breakout year, setting a franchise record for receiving yards. In 1999 and 2000, perennial Pro Bowler Rob Johnson manned the QB spot, with help from Flutie. Johnson was back in 2001 before getting hurt, again, and career backup Alex Van Pelt was the signal-caller. And of course Bledsoe has been the man since the 2002 season.

This is Chambers' 3rd season, which is usually the breakout year for a WR. It will be interesting to look at his numbers at the end of the year. But, all things being equal, forget about salary, age, who would be more likely to be picked by an expansion team, etc., Moulds is superior. If you polled the 32 General Managers in the NFL on who they would rather have RIGHT NOW on their team, I have a pretty good idea what 31 of those GM's would say. Miami might abstain from voting at the risk of creating an issue with their players.

For my last point, I want to think hypothetically for a moment. Suppose Chambers and Moulds were both on the same team. Who do you think that team would want their QB to throw to? I don't pretend to know everything about football, but I do know the answer to that question.

indianabillsfan
09-20-2003, 05:47 AM
You do make some nice points, PhinPhan.

I just thought that the only reason this thread was even started was because upstatenyfinfan posted on finheaven that Chambers is superior to Moulds because he has one more TD this season than Moulds even though the other numbers are almost identical. He then implied a similarly ridiculous comparison between Fiedler and Bledsoe based on number of touchdown passes. I don't even know if he was being serious or not. It does seem like he was only semi-serious or maybe he was just trying to start a discussion because he was bored and he knew that a lot of us Bills fans would take offense and start bashing him. Oh well, though, it's all water under the bridge.

So, I guess, based on that, there was probably not a whole lot to discuss anyway. We both agree that if the question is which of the two is the superior receiver at this time, then there is no question. I think next time I get involved in a serious discussion on this message board, I'll make sure it's not based on the thoughts of someone who is probably just joking anyway. I'm ready to just drop this and move on. Nice chattin' with ya.

P.S. Since Travis Henry has more TD's than Ricky Williams after 2 games, that clearly indicates he is the superior RB, don't ya think?
:D

helmetguy
09-20-2003, 10:58 AM
Recognoze, also, that Chambres' numbers to this point reflect the ABSENCE of a complimentary receiver. Two other Miami WRs have three catches between them; while some 17 of Feidler's 31 completions have been to backs and TEs. Chambers is still drawing, essentially single coverage, while Moulds CONSISTENTLT is doubled (or at least bracketed). Make the call on OBSERVATION rather than just "running the numbers."

indianabillsfan
09-20-2003, 04:48 PM
Amen, brother helmet guy!!!! Do I have another witness from the congregation?

I know I said I was ready to drop this because the person on the finheaven board was probably just joking, but I do have one more point of contention with PhinPhan.

When I questioned his statment that Chambers is a better athlete than Moulds, he replied that Chambers' vertical leap was off the scale. What I want to know is, since when is vertical leap the definition of athletic ability? I don't care if Chambers can out-jump Vince Carter and everybody else on the planet because that is not the only thing that makes up athletic ability. Chambers can most likely out-jump Michael Vick, but who is the better athlete between Chambers and Vick? Or for that matter, anyone else who can out-jump Vick. There's more to a wide receiver's athletic ability than jumping. What about route running, gaining separation from DB's, blocking, catching, agility, and tackle-breaking ability?

RUDEbyallMEANS
09-20-2003, 05:37 PM
Chambers is not where Moulds is right now in their respective careers but we do have homers as well as you Bills fans have when some Bills fans tried saying Travis Henry was better than Ricky last year.

ublinkwescore
09-20-2003, 10:12 PM
Ricky was your guys' only real weapon. If you passed the ball too much you would lose the game.

bernielivsey_1
09-21-2003, 01:46 AM
Chambers IS better than Moulds.................................in bizarro world.

Herdwatcher
09-21-2003, 02:21 AM
Miami fans trying to convince themselves that Chambers is better than Moulds!

I've been hypnotized!!