• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsMan80
    Tapit: All the Way to the Derby
    • Jul 2002

Enough with the Henry Bashing...

I am tired off all the bashing of Henry. Travis only had 12 carries. Pretty hard to establish something against the Broncos Defense with 12 carries. Travis played a real gutsy game. Yes, he fumbled, but how you can blame that on him is beyond me. The way his knee/leg was twisted it was gruesome. I thought it was season ending at first. Travis came back and played a gutsy game, and did the little things so well. His blocking is so much better compared to last year it's like night and day, and the same with his pass receiving. He grinded out some tough yards today. How about some praise for someone who it seems is only bashed.
    The NTRA...GO BABY GO!!!!!!!
    THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT WILLIS!!!!!!!!!!! Touchdown Wills McGahee!!!!!
  • mchurchfie
    • Jul 2002

I agree with you Billsman, he can't make yardage if he doesn't get the ball. I was a little upset with him after he fumbled but when he came back and played gutsy and well I was impressed.
    My Band
    daveviterna.com

Comment

• BroncosFreak
      • Sep 2002

From another perspective, I have to agree. Nobody has run the ball on the Broncos this year. You can't give up on the guy after this game. Game 1 wasn't a fluke.
      BroncosFreak.com - Denver Broncos fan community

Comment

• BillsMan80
        • Jul 2002

It's just that I am getting pissed that people blame him for stuff like that. Not many athletes would have been able to hold onto the ball in that situation. I was just impressed with all the tough yards he got, including the 15 yarder taken back by the penalty. He does so many other things much better like blocking and receiving than he did last year.

Comment

• lordofgun
          in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
          • Jul 2002

The only problem I am having with Henry is that he needs to hold on to the ball!

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• BillsMan80
            • Jul 2002

Yes, I agree, but blaming today's fumble on him is a bit harsh.

Comment

• casdhf
              • Jul 2002

He picked up the blitz very well and EE would be proud, he had a few descent receptions too. He is definately our back.
              Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
              cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

It wasn't his fault for fumbling today, it was the coach’s fault for calling a play where they hand off to him. Stupid coach should know bettter.

Comment

• Wys Guy
                  Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                  • Jul 2002

OK! I won't blame him for the fumble. I'll just blame him for yet another HORRIBLE day carrying the ball overall.

He was 12 for 35. 28 of those yards came on that one single drive, the first scoring drive of the game midway through the second Q. After that, Henry did NOTHING!!! 7 for 7.

WooHoo!

Funny though! 12 carries or less per game for several games seems to be plenty to prove that Bryson sucks. But for Henry it's..., what was it...,

"Pretty hard to establish something against the Broncos Defense with 12 carries."

I'll give Henry next week. If he still can't run the ball vs. a team that has allowed 335 yards rushing in three games this season, then he shouldn't be starting any longer. How long are we gonna continue to use him to our detriment. I would at least like to see Gilbride mix it up some.

I don't know if anyone noticed, but Bryson exhibited so much more speed around the corner on the sweep that he ran than Henry ever could. I see no problem in platooning the two dependent upon the situations that we are in.

But this blind devotion to Henry even though he isn't putting up jack is silly. We need a running game and Henry ain't cuttin' it!
                  Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Wys Guy
                    • Jul 2002

Time to quit coddling Henry!

He needs to put up or get replaced!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• shawn
                      • Jul 2002

Ed McCaffrey took a hit 10 times worse then the one delivered to Henry. Henry's fumble may have cost the Bills a win today. If the hit was so "gruesome" Henry would have not returned because he would have a broken bone or torn ligament.

Comment

• casdhf
                        • Jul 2002

Bryson hasn't done squat, and I don't really think he even deserves a shot. All he speed around the corner, got him what? Half a yard? He's a backup scrub. He's definately a Wys player.
                        Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                        cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• The_Philster
                          • Jul 2002

Running around the corner was not gonna work with the Broncos' speed at LB.....not consistently. Yesterday was a better day for between the tackles running. It's all about matchups.
                          The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Caniac
                            • Jul 2002

If Travis Henry gains over 70 yards against the Bears I will give him credit .. if not then he will deserve all the criticism he gets. This will be a big game and big time players step up in big games ..but last nights game was big too. What happened ?

Comment

• Wys Guy
                              • Jul 2002

I totally agree w/ you Shawn. Henry was on the field plays later. McCaffrey hung onto that pass which Henry would have fumbled 99 out of 100 times.

cas,

Here's a website w/ all of Bryson's performances from last year, w/ a FAR worse OL, in it. Why don't you quit rambling and simply point out which games it was that qualify your statements.

Please! It's a simple task that should take only a minute or so since he really hasn't played all that much. Go on! Back up your statements w/ something other than mere subjective favoritism please!

All I ask is that you apply the same exact standard to both he and Henry. So if 12 carries or less is not good enough for Henry to prove he's good, then it certainly isn't enough to prove that Bryson stinks either.

Let's see what you can come up with and then we'll look at this a little more objectively.

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X