PDA

View Full Version : I still think that adding Seau hurt Miami’s D!

Patrick76777
09-18-2003, 01:41 PM
Miami had the best D in the league some 4 years ago. And the strength of that D was Speed. Adding Seau only slowed them down.

They’re an old slow defense that is about to get schooled!

I can’t wait!

SABURZFAN
09-18-2003, 02:16 PM
seau went from All-Pro to All-Slow.

DolphinDevil28
09-18-2003, 02:21 PM
That's just crazy. ANYONE is an upgrade over Derrick Rodgers.

Besides, JR. is playing very well so far. He was hurt all last year.

He had 5 tackles against the jets, a couple for losses.

SABURZFAN
09-18-2003, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by DolphinDevil28

if he were quicker,he would have had a couple more.:snicker2:

L.A. Playa
09-18-2003, 02:31 PM
ya know the jets have some speed burners in vinny im ready to collect my social security testaverde and curtis can i use my walker martin so im sure junior seau finally played against some players he could actually catch

Dolfan984
09-18-2003, 04:17 PM
He had 7 tackles against Houston. He's been one of our better defenders so far.

Our D isn't really that old. 2 players that are 30+ Our O is much older.

Valerie
09-18-2003, 04:39 PM
I don't know if that's necessarily true, Patrick. Look what losing him did to San Diego.

The Spaz
09-18-2003, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Jaded 7
I don't know if that's necessarily true, Patrick. Look what losing him did to San Diego.

Well I can say it hurt the Chargers more than it helped the Dolphins!:pee:

Ð
09-18-2003, 04:43 PM
Sammy Knight & Junior Seau, starring in Slow & Slower on ESPN at 8:30 Sunday night :D

Valerie
09-18-2003, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz Well I can say it hurt the Chargers more than it helped the Dolphins!:pee:
It did hurt the Chargers, Spaz. That was my point. I don't know how good and/or fast he is, but he brought something to the Chargers that is now gone. Maybe once he starts to click with the Dolphins players things will improve for them. Right now, the Chargers are hurting because he's gone, IMHO.

The Spaz
09-18-2003, 05:00 PM

It did hurt the Chargers, Spaz. That was my point. I don't know how good and/or fast he is, but he brought something to the Chargers that is now gone. Maybe once he starts to click with the Dolphins players things will improve for them. Right now, the Chargers are hurting because he's gone, IMHO.

I understand that Jaded. I'm just not worried about the Chargers as we don't play them therefore my only concern is with the Dolphins.:fish:

Valerie
09-18-2003, 05:01 PM
Oh, I like the Chargers and I hate that they're doing so badly. :( I think they need to put Doug in. Drew Brees isn't cutting it anymore.

The Spaz
09-18-2003, 05:04 PM
Oh, I like the Chargers and I hate that they're doing so badly. :( I think they need to put Doug in. Drew Brees isn't cutting it anymore.

Oh no?!?!:laughter::lolcry::drunks:

The_Philster
09-18-2003, 05:57 PM

Yeah, but with player moves, the team losing the player is usually affected more than the team gaining the player.
Of course you have the notable exceptions like Takeo Spikes. The Bungals sucked when they had him and they still do :snicker:

Dozerdog
09-18-2003, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by DolphinDevil28
That's just crazy. ANYONE is an upgrade over Derrick Rodgers.

Besides, JR. is playing very well so far. He was hurt all last year.

Geriatrics tackling Senior Citizens...something's got to give

L.A. Playa
09-18-2003, 07:25 PM
didnt derrick rodgers have a touchdown for the saints last week???? hmmm didnt look too slow on that play

Doc
09-18-2003, 07:43 PM
Rodney Harrison has a bunch of tackles for the Pats, especially in the season opener. Where did it get the Pats that game? Where did it get Seau in the season opener? What those guys brought to the Chargers was leadership and intensity, but most view them as players on the decline.

Halbert
09-18-2003, 08:58 PM
Just because Seau can't bring it like he used to, which he can't, doesn't mean compared to most other guys he can't still bring it, which he can. With the OLB's we have we don't need him, but consider that if our weakness was there instead of at DE, would you take him on your team? Damn straight you would. That's what they did and he's a solid addition to a very solid core. I'd make that move if I were them.

TigerJ
09-18-2003, 10:20 PM
You're right, Halbert. In certain situations Seau could well be an upgrade over Rogers. In others he would be a liablility. There were some games last year when Eddie Robinson was not a huge liability last year. Then he got juked by Pennington and that guaranteed his departure. A lot of it is about matchups. We'll have to see how things turn out Sunday.

BADTHINGSMAN
09-18-2003, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by Dolfan984
He had 7 tackles against Houston. He's been one of our better defenders so far.

Our D isn't really that old. 2 players that are 30+ Our O is much older.

Still trying to figure out the good in that..

MDFINFAN
09-18-2003, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster

Yeah, but with player moves, the team losing the player is usually affected more than the team gaining the player.
Of course you have the notable exceptions like Takeo Spikes. The Bungals sucked when they had him and they still do :snicker:

I guess that tell you he didn't add much, but actually their playing better ball, they didn't come close to beating Oakland before, if they continue to get better each week, they may made some noise by seaons end. At least Seau's absent in SD does seem to have some impact and he hasn't played badly for Miami, now on your team Drew is older, so is Adams and Gash, Reed is slower than Price and your new tE slower than Riserma...I don't notice you guys crying about them..so our teams are about even..old for old sake....may the best grandpa's win. :peacesign

cordog
09-19-2003, 12:25 AM
If Seau was still at the top of his game, do you really think San Diego would let him go, especially for a 3rd rounder or whatever it was? I highly doubt it. BTW, Speed doesnt mean crap when Rimersma couldnt catch anything last year. Campbell has already made better catches than JR did all of last season and I dont have any stats in front of me to back this up, but im willing to bet Campbells first catch last week was close to if not longer than any catch JR had last year