• Show
Clear All
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Lawyer fits well in new suit

Lawyer fits well in new suit

By Scott Pitoniak
    Special to NFL.com

(Sept. 18, 2003) -- The deal conjured memories of that Halloween heist the Buffalo Bills pulled 16 autumns ago when they stole sack-happy linebacker Cornelius Bennett from the Indianapolis Colts. Bennett, who had drawn comparisons to a young Lawrence Taylor, became one of the final pieces in Buffalo's transformation from basement dwellers to perennial Super Bowl participants in the early 1990s.

Many believe Lawyer Milloy, the four-time Pro Bowl safety who shockingly wound up in the Bills' laps just days before their 2003 NFL opener, will have a similar impact. By retaining this Lawyer, the 2-0 Bills are making a strong case for their first AFC East title since 1995 and first playoff appearance in four seasons.

If football history does indeed repeat itself in Buffalo, giddy Bills fans will owe a debt of gratitude to New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick -- a man who has been a thorn in their side since Super Bowl XXV. A defensive mastermind, Belichick mysteriously made Milloy a salary-cap casualty at the last minute.

"When (Bills general manager) Tom Donahoe told me the Patriots were releasing Milloy and we might have a chance to get him, I couldn't believe my ears," says owner Ralph Wilson, whose Bills travel to Miami for a crucial early season divisional clash against the 1-1 Dolphins Sunday night. "A Pro Bowl safety in the prime of his career is a valuable commodity in this league. I thought it was too good to be true."

More...

I still can't beleive we got this guy!
  • Pride
    • Jul 2002

I really hope we win a SB... Ralph deserves it....

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Pride
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• The_Philster
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Pride
        I can't think of an owner who deserves it more. "The Conscience of the NFL"
        The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

Working...
        X