• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WG
    Drew and Sam stole all my hair
    • Jul 2002

Enough w/ the Henry Defending!

Everyone quit acting like Henry's a disadvantaged little child please. He's an adult male, professional athlete who has had 4 good games in two seasons so far and has only proven that he is about as inconsistent as they make 'em!

IMO, if Henry doesn't play well against the Bears, a team that has allowed an average of 112 yards rushing against them in three games this season, then we should start platooning the RBs or give Bryson a chance altogether.

How much longer is Drew not supposed to have a running game to help take the pressure off of him and give him some options out there to help us win?!

3 or 4 good games in 16 SUCKS. So far Henry hasn't shown that he'll do anything else.

But this pathetic show of "how nothing is his fault" is making me queasy!

Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

• BigDoug
    1-800-SAD-GOAT
    • Jul 2002

Sounds familiar Do I hear the sound of a reverse RJ face plant coming on ?

Looks like our line is the problem...when I saw how Henry got pancaked on the TDfumble play, the DL was not even blocked. There is NO excuse for that on a running play. I think the young 'uns are telegraphing run plays big time, so you could put Marshall Faulk in there & he'd get frickin' killed.

Comment

• shawn
      • Jul 2002

It sounds like you are making excuses for Henry not being able to hang onto the ball.

Comment

• Michael82
        • Jul 2002

Hey Wys....it's funny how you will give Rob Johnson all the chances in the world, but you won't give the benefit of the doubt to Travis Henry who is a 2nd year player! He hasn't even played in the NFL for 2 years yet! Chill out! If you can give RJ all those chances, then at least give Travis Henry, the season! :angry:

Comment

• shawn
          • Jul 2002

Instead of bringing up RJ try making a rational argument. For once try attacking the issue at hand.

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

Okay, the issue at hand is...Henry.

Henry was a rookie last year and has been in the NFL for less than 2 years. You gotta give the kid some leanway. He is growing slowly but will be something special. I know it. Also, he made some nice catches early in the game, too. He can run, when the oline actually blocks for him and he can catch!

Comment

• shawn
              • Jul 2002

thanks Mike

The shelf life for a running back in the NFL is very, very short. I think he has the potential to be a consistent 1,000 rusher but it’s not going to happen if he does not straighten out his fumbling problems.

Comment

• SoCalBillsFan
                Expert on Experts
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by shawn
                Instead of bringing up RJ try making a rational argument. For once try attacking the issue at hand.
                THANK YOU!

Comment

• Typ0
                  honey pie
                  • Jul 2002

I'll be more critical of Henry when he starts getting his opportunities and doesn't produce. Getting a dozen carries is not getting your opportunities. A featured back needs to get more carries. As long as we are playing from behind I don't think it's fair to come down on Henry.

Comment

• LABillsFan
                    • Aug 2002

A rookie right tackle,
                    A second year right guard
                    A 5th year player playing center for the first time since college
                    Ruben
                    A second year left tackle

Henry a 2nd year running back

Going up against for the most part DL's that are made up of 5-10 year vets.

Yes he drops the rock which is a BIG concern, but the line isn't experienced enough to know all the spin moves, bull rushes, stunts, blitzes etc. an experienced DL can throw at them. However, they are learning fast and are going to get better. And if the Bills DL is upgraded next season, they'll learn even more by practicing against them in Training camp. Henry can run and catch but he needs time. It's not like the Bills have a vet RB he can learn from by watching and Centers can help only so much. The coaches need to help him and with time he'll be fine.

As far as the Chicago game, even if Henry averages 5.0 ypc and only carries 14 again, that's 70 yards, is it his fault he doesn't gain 100 yards? There is only so much a team can do each week to improve. The Bills have improved so much since last year, but if you are looking for a 1,500 yard season rushing, 4,000 yards passing, 240 points against for the whole season, while scoring 350, you're going to need a tablet.
                    Last edited by LABillsFan; 09-23-2002, 02:24 AM.
                    I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't repeat myself.

Comment

• northernbillfan
                      Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
                      • Jul 2002

Very good points LA and Typo.

Just because Henry had a great opening game, a lot of people, myself included, expected that from him every week. The dropsies DO have to go, and the maturity level has to go up.

Give him a few more games and he will find a groove that is hard to stop.
                      When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• The_Philster
                        • Jul 2002

Great point TYP0, giving a RB so few touches in a game is NOT he way to go. Look at Antowain Smith......he didn't produce much here at the end because he wasn't given the ball......The Pats give him the ball and he had a very solid year last year.
                        The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• casdhf
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by shawn
                          The RJ arguement is fine with me, Wys was the first one to give him all the leway in the world. He's an ex-Bill. Get over it or get out.
                          Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                          cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• lordofgun
                            in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Typ0
                            I'll be more critical of Henry when he starts getting his opportunities and doesn't produce. Getting a dozen carries is not getting your opportunities. A featured back needs to get more carries. As long as we are playing from behind I don't think it's fair to come down on Henry.
                            You bring up a good point, but he's not going to get 25-30 touches if he coughs it up once per game.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• casdhf
                              • Jul 2002

no one is gonan get 25-30 touches the way our Defense has been playing
                              Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                              cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

Working...
                              X