PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Else Hear About This?

RedEyE
09-18-2003, 10:06 PM
When ESPN just isn't enough!

NFL Network, the first 24-hour, seven-day-a-week cable and satellite television network dedicated solely to the NFL, will launch at 8 p.m. ET on Election Day -- Tuesday, Nov. 4 -- with its signature show NFL Total Access, hosted by Rich Eisen. A destination for all that happens around the league, the launch will follow Week 9 of the NFL season when the playoff races are heating up.

I am actually very psyched about this. Hopefully they'll start playing certain "hot" games on Sunday's.

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork

OpIv37
09-18-2003, 10:25 PM
I saw an ad for that a few weeks ago- it's about time. Now if they could only start a channel that shows nothing but Simpsons reruns all day, it would guarantee that there's at least 2 things on worth watching.

superbills
09-19-2003, 12:13 AM
Well, I guess I will be getting DirecTV after all :punk:

Dozerdog
09-19-2003, 12:17 AM
I PRAY to god they fill some of the programming with-

1) Re-runs of the games from that week during the season-

I have the dish but obviously when the Bills are on, I'd like to have seen the other games on tape delay.

2) I also drive 360 Miles to the Bills games. So seing a replay of the Bills would be sweet during the week.

3) In the Off season, give me every NFL Film ever made- every team highlight reel, game of the week- you name it!

Michael82
09-19-2003, 01:54 AM
WOO HOO!!! It's FINALLY coming back! I used to watch this a couple years ago, but it got stale after a while because they showed the same clips and shows each week. This sounds like it is going to be MUCH better than the old NFL Channel and gives me something to watch when i'm bored. :D

IHateTheDullphins
09-19-2003, 08:11 AM
I just wish it started sooner!

Pride
09-19-2003, 09:03 AM
As long as it has "inside" access granted by the NFL, it will do very well.

lordofgun
09-19-2003, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by Mike32282
WOO HOO!!! It's FINALLY coming back! I used to watch this a couple years ago, but it got stale after a while because they showed the same clips and shows each week. This sounds like it is going to be MUCH better than the old NFL Channel and gives me something to watch when i'm bored. :D

:huh: There was an old NFL channel?

Dozerdog
09-19-2003, 09:10 AM
Mike is High again

justasportsfan
09-19-2003, 09:16 AM
Cool , out of the 24 hrs. in a day, the bills should get 5 mins. :huh:

The_Philster
09-19-2003, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by lordofgun
I was wondering the same thing. :scratch:

Originally posted by Dozerdog
Mike is High again

:phew: Thanks for the explanation. :D

Michael82
09-20-2003, 04:49 AM
Originally posted by lordofgun

Yeah there was! It was channel 700 or something like that. I have no clue why they took it off the air...but it was on like 2 years ago.