PDA

View Full Version : Was I imagining it or...

LABillsFan
09-23-2002, 02:17 AM
Was I imagining it or did Sharpe take his helmet off on the field and no flag was thrown. They where all over it last week and were even talking about it through out the week on the sport shows. I don't get it

clumping platelets
09-23-2002, 02:19 AM
You were not imagining it.......when he thought Wire interferred him on the 3rd down play.....he was still a couple of yds on the field.....BUT he's Shannon Sharpe :rolleyes:

Sabre Ally
09-23-2002, 02:22 AM
Wasn't the whole big deal with the other incident that the ball was still in play?

LABillsFan
09-23-2002, 02:25 AM
Don't know. But the rule is no tacking helmet off on the field ( I believe with the exception of a time out.)

northernbillfan
09-23-2002, 04:23 AM
That was bull sh-it, as were a couple of other calls that went against the Bills. Helmet off head = penalty. Bottom line.

That was not roughing the kicker, or running into him, he was blocked into the kicker. That penalty was the game as far as I am concerned.

The_Philster
09-23-2002, 04:44 AM
More proof that Walt Coleman can't do his job as a ref if he allows that s**t to happen. :down:

blcny
09-23-2002, 08:14 AM
They gave a penalty to Brookins in the Atlanta game last night for taking his helmet off, he was less then five feet from the sideline. Sharp should have gotten a penalty too.

BledsoeRocks
09-23-2002, 08:16 AM
That was BS. One of the calls on Watson was BS too. NFL refs just plain suck. Blind Bastards!

casdhf
09-23-2002, 08:45 AM
I wouldnt mind the garbage calls as long as they were called the same every game

SABURZFAN
09-23-2002, 09:39 AM
it just goes to show how inconsistent the Zebras are.

Valerie
09-23-2002, 09:54 AM
There were a lot of poor calls during yesterday’s game. I also saw a lot during the Cowboys game. The refs during that game were atrocious! :down: Not only were their calls questionable but they didn’t even call the penalty on the right player! Within 5 minutes they called at least 3 penalties against the Cowboys and didn’t name the proper player in ANY OF THEM! If they can’t do their job and do it the right way, then they shouldn’t be out there! I was appalled!

Dozerdog
09-23-2002, 11:29 AM
Zebras suck just as much for the Bills as they do against the Bills.

I guess the Zebras were really good at their jobs from 1990-94.

Yes, they blew calls , they do every game. But it did not lose the game for us. It's all the perception wheather you win or lose.

vabillsfan
09-23-2002, 11:33 AM
His foot was in the crease!!!
Sorry - wrong sport.

Face it gang - if we scored more points, we would have won. End of story.

LtBillsFan66
09-23-2002, 11:41 AM
Sheesh. I'm saddened that you folks would want the help of a lame penalty to help our cause. Yes we did have a few close ones go against us, but I'm not one to nitpick the rules to find every infraction. We'd be the pot calling the kettle black.

LtBillsFan66
09-23-2002, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by vabillsfan
His foot was in the crease!!!
Sorry - wrong sport.

Face it gang - if we scored more points, we would have won. End of story.

AMEN!

TigerJ
09-23-2002, 12:14 PM
Northern, not only was the Bills player blocked into the kicker, but he was blocked in the back into the kicker. Regardless, I don't think the officials beat the Bills. Denver made fewer mistakes than the Bills. That's why the Bills lost.

BledsoeRocks
09-23-2002, 03:03 PM
BF1.........................we are just pointing out that the refs suck. I did not read any posts saying the refs cost us the game. I agree that the refs just plain suck..........not just against the Bills.

LtBillsFan66
09-23-2002, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by BledsoeRocks
BF1.........................we are just pointing out that the refs suck. I did not read any posts saying the refs cost us the game. I agree that the refs just plain suck..........not just against the Bills.

I agree to that.

It did sound like some wanted a penalty against Sharpe for taking off his helmet. I know we lost games on lame calls and penalties, but I don't really want to win on them either.

BledsoeRocks
09-23-2002, 05:14 PM
I want to be so far ahead that it does'nt matter what the ref called.
I think it is ok for us to be *****ing about the no call on sharp though. It is a rule. Bottom line it should have been called if it is a rule. I don't think Cleveland fans would like that double standard.

Bills could have overcome the noncall with a 4th down stop though.

Michael82
09-23-2002, 10:27 PM
#34 of the Bucs was flagged for taking off his helmet on the field today! Another one. Why the hell did they not flag Sharpe!?!??

The_Philster
09-24-2002, 04:47 AM
Because Walt Coleman is an idiot...simple as that.

Creemoredrinker
09-24-2002, 08:42 AM
:dink:

That this mensa candidate's last name is Sharpe.

Herdwatcher
09-24-2002, 10:11 AM
YEAH, the officials missed a lot of stuff. there were two penalties
against the donkos (not thrown) on T. Henry. first was a leg whip,
then a few yards later someone face masked him and tried to rip his helmet off at the same time Crosby was blocked into Rouen.

WCoastFin
09-24-2002, 01:45 PM
Take it easy on him...after all you shut him down.