PDA

View Full Version : What's up with Henry?

stuckincincy
09-19-2003, 10:11 AM
Hello folks. I'm a new member. Bills fan since 1960...lived 11 years in Pgh; 13 in Cincinnati (and folks, nothing like a baseline to keep things in perspective ;} ).

I read the ESPN Magazine post...does anyone think that Henry is angling for a trade?

BTW, this an excellent site. Hats off to the site construction team and the supporting membership.

Pride
09-19-2003, 10:14 AM
No...

I think he is approaching this season an audition to 31 other teams. And I think he is over thinking his running intuition. He isnt finding the holes and definately not squeezing through them fast enough.

Unfortunately for him, it is havin a reverse effect.

Welcome to the boards!

justasportsfan
09-19-2003, 10:15 AM
:welcome:

Your answer is right on the front page.

Billszone.com

Judge
09-19-2003, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Pride
No...

I think he is approaching this season an audition to 31 other teams. And I think he is over thinking his running intuition. He isnt finding the holes and definately not squeezing through them fast enough.

Unfortunately for him, it is havin a reverse effect.

Welcome to the boards!

I hope he is approaching this season as an audition to the rest of the league. I am concerned that he's overthinking his situation, evn though the reality is that if he has a big year he'll have one of 2 things happen to him:

- the Bills will renew their commitment to him, or more likely,
- he'll be a "franchise" RB that he calls himself for another team if the Bills trade him.

Either way he wins, as long as he has a decent to great season this year.

Cntrygal
09-19-2003, 10:25 AM
Welcome to the boards stuckincincy!!! :)

justasportsfan
09-19-2003, 10:28 AM
Hnery holds all the cards right now. If he can prove he is an elite , reliable rb, I don't have a problem w/ trading McGahee. We still have Joe Burns.

If the Bucs can win a sb w/ Pittman, why can't we get there w/ Henry?

stuckincincy
09-19-2003, 10:38 AM
Thanks to all for your warm welcomes to the forum. I'll be able to watch at least 3 Bills games this season, the night games and Cincy af Buffalo. For reasons that I don't know, in this market we get a non-stop diet of Packers football...seven last season by my recollection - but not the Bills game. The sad life of the expatriate :)

venis2k1
09-19-2003, 10:40 AM
Youll get to watch 2 bills playoff games and the bills in the SB this year too, cant forget about that.

Cntrygal
09-19-2003, 10:41 AM
That does suck... join us here on the board in the game day thread. There's usually a few people that are watching the game that will post details for those of us unfortunates that are stuck with radio links and nfl.com.

Billsbabee
09-19-2003, 11:11 AM
:welcome: to the Zone stuckincincy. Personally, I think T Henry needs to concentrate on this season and holding onto the ball. Yes, he is considered an elite RB, however most everyone when talking about him brings up his unfortunate ability to lose the ball. He has to stop that to be worth what he's aiming for. I say shut it and run it Travis! :D

Judge
09-19-2003, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
Hnery holds all the cards right now. If he can prove he is an elite , reliable rb, I don't have a problem w/ trading McGahee. We still have Joe Burns.

If the Bucs can win a sb w/ Pittman, why can't we get there w/ Henry?

I disagree. He holds NO cards, so he might as well make the best of it and play his hardest so that he can land on his feet weherver TD decides he'll play.

Henry's locked in with the Bills for 3 more seasons at a reasonable salary cap hit. TD can always just hold on to him and make him McGahee's backup, too. Henry can't control his own destiny.

Dozerdog
09-19-2003, 11:20 AM
:wave: Stuckincincy!

Well, you will get to see the Blls / Bengals on my Birthday!!

I'll be in the end zone. I'll wave to you! I'll be the one in the Bills Jersey!

Earthquake Enyart
09-19-2003, 11:22 AM
I wouldn't be caught dead in Cincinnati.

What a cow town. They think chili is a gormet item. :eek:

Billsbabee
09-19-2003, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
Well, you will get to see the Blls / Bengals on my Birthday!!

:eek: another Birthday??? :snicker:

stuckincincy
09-19-2003, 11:40 AM
For the Unknowing, I shall describe Cincinnati Chili.

Throw some cooked spagetti on a plate. Slop on some dubious chili-like substance that has been doctored with chocolate powder. This is called a "two-way". Toss on top about 4 oz. of shredded processed cheese. That's a "three-way". Pile on some shredded onions...yep. a "four-way."

Bon apetit.

It competes with the Coney, which is a 3-inch boiled hot dog on a 4-inch roll piled with the aforementioned 4 oz. of shredded processed cheese. Most folks eat about six of these.

That we historically are among the leading cities afflicted with cardiological maladies is a simple matter of cause and effect...:}

Gunzlingr
09-19-2003, 11:46 AM
Welcome Stuckincincy! Enjoy your stay!

IHateTheDullphins
09-19-2003, 11:49 AM
Welcome stuckinicincy! I am hoping that Henry isn't saying some of those things! If he is, it won't take long before people want him out of here. He doesn't hold any cards now either. He may be getting a little too big for his britches. hope I'm wrong cuz I love the guy.

PhinPhan1227
09-19-2003, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by stuckincincy
For the Unknowing, I shall describe Cincinnati Chili.

Throw some cooked spagetti on a plate. Slop on some dubious chili-like substance that has been doctored with chocolate powder. This is called a "two-way". Toss on top about 4 oz. of shredded processed cheese. That's a "three-way". Pile on some shredded onions...yep. a "four-way."

Bon apetit.

It competes with the Coney, which is a 3-inch boiled hot dog on a 4-inch roll piled with the aforementioned 4 oz. of shredded processed cheese. Most folks eat about six of these.

That we historically are among the leading cities afflicted with cardiological maladies is a simple matter of cause and effect...:}

Oh my god!!!! It's amazing your arteries don't crawl out at night and beat you to death!!!!

justasportsfan
09-19-2003, 12:01 PM
Now wonder why the Bungles can't win. I though it was just their organization. Our garbage plate sounds healthier.

Dozerdog
09-19-2003, 12:09 PM
Cincinnatti Hall od Fame

Reds Owner Marge Schott

http://www.colosscollect.com/mags/si/si960520.jpg

The former Mayor

http://www.cincymetal.com/images/jerryspringer.jpg

WKRP

http://epguides.com/WKRPinCincinnati/cast.jpg

Dozerdog
09-19-2003, 12:10 PM
I always thought Jan Smithers was a hottie- under the double shadow of Loni Anderson

Drewpac
09-19-2003, 02:53 PM
I think Donahoe is donning his genious cap again. Did you notice how many times were giving the ball to Henry this season? We want him to have a huge statistical year so we can trade him for a high first round pick in next years draft. Donahoe's following the blueprint that NO used with Williams and McAllister. McGahee's our Deuce and I think he's gonna prove it next year. So I wouldn't be surprised to see Henry on another team at the start of next season; even if we win the superbowl(remember Dilfer). I also think we'll probably see a little of McGahee in the latter part of the season (last 3 games) to make sure that he is the real deal before we part with Henry. These are my two cents.

stuckincincy
09-19-2003, 03:01 PM
Nah, Marge is a good 'ol gal...when she called the shots (and drank them), the Reg Legs were an always-competitive team. When they banned smoking at Cinergy nee Riverfront Stadium I stopped going.

BTW, I've been in Cincinnati for 13 years now. It's OK...when I lived in Pittsburgh for 11 years, ridicule was heaped on my home town of Buffalo, on Cleveland, always on NYC. Same here...human nature I suppose.

BTW #2: Whatever happened to RB Max Anderson?

The_Philster
09-19-2003, 03:45 PM
I'll be in the end zone. I'll wave to you! I'll be the one in the Bills Jersey!

:lol: That narrows it down.

colin
09-19-2003, 04:02 PM
I heard that pr0n is illegal in Cincy, is that true?

helmetguy
09-19-2003, 07:22 PM
I always thought Jan Smithers was a hottie- under the double shadow of Loni Anderson

Was there any other reason to watch that show???

BTW, welcome to the boards, stuckincincy!

indianabillsfan
09-20-2003, 06:56 AM
I hate that this potential controversy is being brought up again between Henry and McGahee. I love watching Henry play, and even though he fumbles a lot, he usually makes up for it later with a big play for the Bills. I just wish he would stop talking to the media because he knows they are just going to be searching for quotes (or misquotes) to use as controversy fertilizer and I'm having a hard time coming up with any positives that can come out of Henry answering questions about McGahee. I am hoping and wishing and praying that this does not reach the level of the Flutie-Johnson fiasco. The Bills have built up such great team chemistry in the Williams/Donahoe era, and I hope that this new leadership will squash any potential rifts in the team before they escalate to the point that was reached a few years ago. This is a vastly different team now with only a few players left from that year's team. It would be a shame to see their chemistry demolished and to see the locker room divided. I am also hoping that they all stay team-oriented for the rest of the season because everything is in place for the Bills to have a special season. I don't know about who is on top of the power struggle or who holds all of the cards, but until we see how McGahee does, Henry might have a leg up for now. But if the Bills can find a way to get the most out of both RB's we all might see Buffalo have the right cards to lay a royal flush on the table at the end of January intead of laying a royal egg. Let's hope the Bills can keep it together and have a fairy tale ending. But maybe I'm just dreaming of a perfect world.

indianabillsfan
09-20-2003, 07:04 AM
One more thing. I know this if off the topic, but while I'm here could someone please explain to me how the zone bucks work and what they can be used for?

Turf
09-20-2003, 07:43 AM
I think Travis needs to learn the new blocking schemes of the offensive line. He seems to be trying to run like last year and its not there.
Since we have an offensive line coach who taught them how to actually pass block, I imagine he taught them how to run block, and it's different that last year.
Travis seems to need to follow the straight ahead stuff more, and stop the cutbacks. He missing some holes.

Cntrygal
09-20-2003, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by indianabillsfan
One more thing. I know this if off the topic, but while I'm here could someone please explain to me how the zone bucks work and what they can be used for?

At the top of the page you'll see some buttons. One of them is labeled "store".... there's a list of things that you can spend your zb's on. OR..... you can always spend them on any of the betting pools (rules are usually laid out in the first post of the thread), or squares games.
:$: