• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stuckincincy
    Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Sep 2003

What's up with Henry?

Hello folks. I'm a new member. Bills fan since 1960...lived 11 years in Pgh; 13 in Cincinnati (and folks, nothing like a baseline to keep things in perspective ;} ).

I read the ESPN Magazine post...does anyone think that Henry is angling for a trade?

BTW, this an excellent site. Hats off to the site construction team and the supporting membership.
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.
  • Pride
    • Jul 2002

No...

I think he is approaching this season an audition to 31 other teams. And I think he is over thinking his running intuition. He isnt finding the holes and definately not squeezing through them fast enough.

Unfortunately for him, it is havin a reverse effect.

Welcome to the boards!

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

Your answer is right on the front page.

Billszone.com
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Judge
        • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Pride
        No...

I think he is approaching this season an audition to 31 other teams. And I think he is over thinking his running intuition. He isnt finding the holes and definately not squeezing through them fast enough.

Unfortunately for him, it is havin a reverse effect.

Welcome to the boards!
        I hope he is approaching this season as an audition to the rest of the league. I am concerned that he's overthinking his situation, evn though the reality is that if he has a big year he'll have one of 2 things happen to him:

- the Bills will renew their commitment to him, or more likely,
        - he'll be a "franchise" RB that he calls himself for another team if the Bills trade him.

Either way he wins, as long as he has a decent to great season this year.
        Argue like hell. Keep it clean. And when it's over, shake hands and root for our team!

Comment

• Cntrygal
          Visually stunning but camera-shy.
          • Jul 2002

Welcome to the boards stuckincincy!!! :)
          Originally posted by notacon
          The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

Hnery holds all the cards right now. If he can prove he is an elite , reliable rb, I don't have a problem w/ trading McGahee. We still have Joe Burns.

If the Bucs can win a sb w/ Pittman, why can't we get there w/ Henry?
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• stuckincincy
              Buffalo Bills Fan
              • Sep 2003

Thanks!

Thanks to all for your warm welcomes to the forum. I'll be able to watch at least 3 Bills games this season, the night games and Cincy af Buffalo. For reasons that I don't know, in this market we get a non-stop diet of Packers football...seven last season by my recollection - but not the Bills game. The sad life of the expatriate :)

Comment

• venis2k1
                Youboty can hope
                • Jul 2002

Youll get to watch 2 bills playoff games and the bills in the SB this year too, cant forget about that.

Comment

• Cntrygal
                  Visually stunning but camera-shy.
                  • Jul 2002

That does suck... join us here on the board in the game day thread. There's usually a few people that are watching the game that will post details for those of us unfortunates that are stuck with radio links and nfl.com.
                  Originally posted by notacon
                  The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• Billsbabee

to the Zone stuckincincy. Personally, I think T Henry needs to concentrate on this season and holding onto the ball. Yes, he is considered an elite RB, however most everyone when talking about him brings up his unfortunate ability to lose the ball. He has to stop that to be worth what he's aiming for. I say shut it and run it Travis!

Comment

• Judge
                      • Aug 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                      Hnery holds all the cards right now. If he can prove he is an elite , reliable rb, I don't have a problem w/ trading McGahee. We still have Joe Burns.

If the Bucs can win a sb w/ Pittman, why can't we get there w/ Henry?
                      I disagree. He holds NO cards, so he might as well make the best of it and play his hardest so that he can land on his feet weherver TD decides he'll play.

Henry's locked in with the Bills for 3 more seasons at a reasonable salary cap hit. TD can always just hold on to him and make him McGahee's backup, too. Henry can't control his own destiny.
                      Argue like hell. Keep it clean. And when it's over, shake hands and root for our team!

Comment

• Dozerdog
                        In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                        • Jul 2002

Stuckincincy!

Well, you will get to see the Blls / Bengals on my Birthday!!

I'll be in the end zone. I'll wave to you! I'll be the one in the Bills Jersey!

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Jul 2002

I wouldn't be caught dead in Cincinnati.

What a cow town. They think chili is a gormet item.

Comment

• Billsbabee

Originally posted by Dozerdog
                            Well, you will get to see the Blls / Bengals on my Birthday!!
                            another Birthday???

Comment

• stuckincincy
                              Buffalo Bills Fan
                              • Sep 2003

For the Unknowing, I shall describe Cincinnati Chili.

Throw some cooked spagetti on a plate. Slop on some dubious chili-like substance that has been doctored with chocolate powder. This is called a "two-way". Toss on top about 4 oz. of shredded processed cheese. That's a "three-way". Pile on some shredded onions...yep. a "four-way."

Bon apetit.

It competes with the Coney, which is a 3-inch boiled hot dog on a 4-inch roll piled with the aforementioned 4 oz. of shredded processed cheese. Most folks eat about six of these.

That we historically are among the leading cities afflicted with cardiological maladies is a simple matter of cause and effect...:}

Comment

Working...
                              X