PDA

View Full Version : Salsbury says Bills #1

robeezy
09-19-2003, 10:52 AM
He gave the Bills the nod over KC. Can't say the same about John Clayton. The alien chose the Chefs(yes the Chefs!). I love that 4 down segment though.

LMB
09-19-2003, 10:55 AM
Clayton is a bugger eating spaz.

IHateTheDullphins
09-19-2003, 11:01 AM
I love how Salisbury rips clayton, you can tell he thinks clayton is a douche bag!

L.A. Playa
09-19-2003, 11:23 AM
Clayton probably cant throw a football one yard and Salsbury wonder what he does or who he blows to get his stories. It's that old football journalism feud the ex players dont respect the current geeks and I think Salsbury knows more about football because he played it. Claytn gets his info cause the owners feel comfortable around a geek like him

The_Philster
09-19-2003, 03:12 PM
Sean's pretty cool as well as knowledgeable about the game. He was partying with Jim Kelly the day his jersey was retired and helmetguy and I chatted with him and Dan Hampton for a bit.

don137
09-19-2003, 03:17 PM
Let not give Sailsbury too many props. He said the Bills are #1 but on the radio today he said they will lose this weekend...It doesn't make sense to say they are number one and then predict them to lose :scratch:

colin
09-19-2003, 03:20 PM
They are both gutpunchers.

LABillsFan
09-19-2003, 03:49 PM
I agree that props should be reserved for Salisbury, but the fact that he thinks The Bills are #1 and him picking Miami is totally unrelated. The chances of any team in the NFL going undefeated is slim to none so he is just playing the odds. Miami has a great home record and is very good in Sunday night games plus they need this game more than The Bills. I'm not saying the Dophins are going to win but they are a 3 pt. favorite so he isn't the only one to think this way.

SABURZFAN
09-19-2003, 06:41 PM
the talk of who the best team is after week 2 doesn't hold any water.there's a lot of games left.anything can happen between now and January.

helmetguy
09-19-2003, 06:48 PM
Salsbury's a decent enough guy, from what Phil and I could tell. But, I wanna borrow Hampton's hands to strangle him for picking the Fish over us!

The_Philster
09-19-2003, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by helmetguy
Salsbury's a decent enough guy, from what Phil and I could tell. But, I wanna borrow Hampton's hands to strangle him for picking the Fish over us!

Don't worry, MEAT! He'll be kicking himself pretty hard come Sunday night.

helmetguy
09-19-2003, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster
Don't worry, MEAT! He'll be kicking himself pretty hard come Sunday night.

Only if he loses BIG BUCKS picking against us!

don137
09-19-2003, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by LABillsFan
I agree that props should be reserved for Salisbury, but the fact that he thinks The Bills are #1 and him picking Miami is totally unrelated. The chances of any team in the NFL going undefeated is slim to none so he is just playing the odds. Miami has a great home record and is very good in Sunday night games plus they need this game more than The Bills. I'm not saying the Dophins are going to win but they are a 3 pt. favorite so he isn't the only one to think this way.

Huh? What do you mean they are not related? You don't predict a team to be number 1 and then predict them to lose. No one can expect a team to go undefeated but if you think they are going to lose then they shouldn't be your number 1 ranked team unless you think they should be number 1 team even after they lose and we know that isn't the case...

LABillsFan
09-20-2003, 01:53 AM
Huh? What do you mean they are not related? You don't predict a team to be number 1 and then predict them to lose. No one can expect a team to go undefeated but if you think they are going to lose then they shouldn't be your number 1 ranked team unless you think they should be number 1 team even after they lose and we know that isn't the case...

Why not? Did you think Carolina was better than Tampa Bay? Houston better than Miami? Did you predict the Bills would win 31 - 0 against the Pats? No you didn't. There are winners and losers every week and there will be upsets and mild suprises as well. The odds, I repeat THE ODDS are in Miami's favor, not the Bills. But that doesn't neccesarily mean the Dolphins are better or the Bills aren't the best team in the league.

Don't be suprised if the Bills will be the underdog @KC even if they are playing at a high level. They have always tanked there in night games. Odds my friend, odds, that's all I'm talking about.

Halbert
09-20-2003, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by don137

You are logically challenged.

This can easily be explained by 1) you think the Bills are #1 up till now, but 2) they will lose a road game to a tough division rival. If the other 2-0 teams all lose or if the Bills play a tough game a lost a close one, he could still reasonablyl put them at #1 after a loss.

robeezy
09-20-2003, 03:02 AM
Originally posted by Halbert

You are logically challenged.

This can easily be explained by 1) you think the Bills are #1 up till now, but 2) they will lose a road game to a tough division rival. If the other 2-0 teams all lose or if the Bills play a tough game a lost a close one, he could still reasonablyl put them at #1 after a loss.

How many teams have ever been considered #1 after a loss? Some 1-1 team like TB will have a great game and move to #3 after the 3-0 Bills an KC, or #1 in front if we lose.

ublinkwescore
09-20-2003, 06:49 AM
This thread is making my head hurt.