PDA

View Full Version : this is discouraging; re: Satan

pcnorth22
09-19-2003, 12:13 PM
I was checking the Sabres website, and the new poll they have up asks, "Who is going to score the most points this season?", and the choices are: Maxim Afinogenov, Daniel Briere, Chris Drury, or Ales Kotalik.

I mean Satan isn't even a choice. I'm starting to think we won't see Satan for two years.

This would be very disappointing for a team that is on the upswing.

Dozerdog
09-19-2003, 12:28 PM
Definately!

I hope they get him back here..but with the looming lockout, most NHL teams, not jus the sabres, will be playing hardball

fushetti
09-20-2003, 10:55 PM
Just vote for "Other" like I did because Satan will be our leading scorer again. Don't fret. Remember back to 98-99 when Buffalo played Dallas for the regular season opener. Satan signed that day, flew to dallas and played that night. Chill out.

pyrrhonist
09-21-2003, 12:49 PM
I'm trying my best to stay positive, but it is disheartening. It can't help Miro either, to know that Regier spent all his efforts signing the guys that are brand new to the team (Delmore, Begin, Drury) and he got considered last. If Miro doesn't re-sign, it sort of crashes the party.

fushetti
09-21-2003, 03:57 PM
pyrrhonist, it'll be ok.

SABURZFAN
09-21-2003, 06:20 PM
it would definitely be a blow if we don't get this guy signed.we have enough trouble scoring goals.

Rhett4NHL
09-21-2003, 06:24 PM
I have no doubt that Miro will be in before the season starts. We have almost three weeks before the puck drops for real in Philadelphia.

Darcy knows that we have no shot at the playoffs with Miro and if this team doesn't get into the post season then it's his neck that's on the line. With the emergence of Roy, I wouldn't doubt that someone gets dealt to make room and clear salary. Two options are Curtis Brown and Tim Connolly.

An extra million would help bring Regier back down closer to his 30 million dollar budget and allow him to squeeze Satan in (and give the guy closer to what he wants and what he obviously, IMO, deserves).

My guess is that Miro gets 5 million.

Myers57
09-22-2003, 10:28 AM
Miro will definetely demand more money, its the nature of every player, 5 million sounds good.

And if Regeir doesn't take him, I say fire the guy because I have not liked Darcy for quite some time.

pyrrhonist
09-22-2003, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by fushetti
pyrrhonist, it'll be ok.

Thanks for the reassurance. I surely hope you're right.

Rhett4NHL
09-22-2003, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by SabresBlueAndGold
Miro will definetely demand more money, its the nature of every player, 5 million sounds good.

And if Regeir doesn't take him, I say fire the guy because I have not liked Darcy for quite some time.

It's not so much Regier as the management team in general. While they aren't as fiscally tight as the Rigas regime, Golisano still wants to stick close to a certain budget.

With Mckee demanding 2 million (which he doesn't deserve after last season), and Miro demanding about 5 (which he does deserve), they're going to find it a tight fit. The closer we approach to opening day the more likely both sides are to caving (especially Regier).

Darcy's job is on the line if he doesn't make the playoffs and he knows without Satan they don't have a shot in Hell (no pun intended). He will get the deal done.

pcnorth22
09-22-2003, 01:12 PM
i'm glad to hear you guys sound confident

Rhett4NHL
09-22-2003, 01:42 PM
I have few worries.

pyrrhonist
09-22-2003, 03:39 PM
I keep forgetting about Jay. I agree that there is no way he deserves the $2 mil/season, especially after last season. Miro, on the other hand, is well worth the money. It's time the front office started paying him for being the only true offense we have had.

Originally posted by Rhett4NHL
Darcy's job is on the line if he doesn't make the playoffs and he knows without Satan they don't have a shot in Hell (no pun intended).

:lolcry:

Rhett4NHL
09-22-2003, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by pyrrhonist
I keep forgetting about Jay. I agree that there is no way he deserves the $2 mil/season, especially after last season. Miro, on the other hand, is well worth the money. It's time the front office started paying him for being the only true offense we have had.

:lolcry:

Yeah, I like Mckee a lot and we need him signed. But I think that 1.5-1.7 is fair value for him considering the abysmal year that he had last year and the fact that he's never been the same since his concussion.

Myers57
09-22-2003, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by pcnorth22
I was checking the Sabres website, and the new poll they have up asks, "Who is going to score the most points this season?", and the choices are: Maxim Afinogenov, Daniel Briere, Chris Drury, or Ales Kotalik.

I mean Satan isn't even a choice. I'm starting to think we won't see Satan for two years.

This would be very disappointing for a team that is on the upswing.

I voted for Afinogenov because he is my favorite player...:bling: