PDA

View Full Version : Colvin out for the season!

BillsOverDolphins
09-19-2003, 02:35 PM
Pats lose lb (http://flash.patriots.com/news/fullarticle.sps?id=25224&type=general)

courtesy of PatsWin2002 on F-H.

BillsOverDolphins
09-19-2003, 02:36 PM
horrible luck for the pats....i hate ****ing injuries...this hurts them bad

Patrick76777
09-19-2003, 02:38 PM
If was a fin, I'd be loving it, but I feel for the Pats.

But, it will help us!

SABURZFAN
09-19-2003, 02:43 PM
that's unfortunate for the PATS but i'm not about to shed a tear for them.:biggrin:

Drewpac
09-19-2003, 02:43 PM
That sucks! I really feel bad for the patfans. Could you imagine if that had happened to Spikes? YIKES!!! What a demoralizing loss for the Pats.

TedMock
09-19-2003, 02:45 PM
That sucks. Just keep your fingers crossed. Staying healthy is 50% of the battle.

lordofgun
09-19-2003, 02:46 PM
Sucks for him. Great for us. :up:

mybills
09-19-2003, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by SABURZFAN
that's unfortunate for the PATS but i'm not about to shed a tear for them.:biggrin:

:hi5:

Demon
09-19-2003, 02:59 PM
Sucks for the Pats. Oh well, i won't lose any sleep over it :)

Aero II
09-19-2003, 03:02 PM
Now the Pats Fans have another excuse.

colin
09-19-2003, 03:04 PM
Dude, pennington, rosey, is Ricky next?

SoCalBillsFan
09-19-2003, 03:10 PM
when i beat a team, i went to beat them with all their guns. Too bad for the pats, injuries suck.

Patrick76777
09-19-2003, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by SoCalBillsFan
when i beat a team, i went to beat them with all their guns. Too bad for the pats, injuries suck.

I really don't care!

I don't care how we win. No one is going to remember 2 years later.

don137
09-19-2003, 03:14 PM
Injuries suck no matter who the team is. This hurts the Pats bad. To think the money they spent on Colvin they could of kept Milloy.

JayWood
09-19-2003, 03:33 PM
Man are people crying down here in Pats country right now. This is a huge loss for the Pats and i wish the guy a speedy recovery. With that said lets all knock on wood and keep our fingers crossed that we can stay healthy. And lets get ready to kick some Dolphin butt on Sunday. Please dont gloat about this injury anyone, because bad karma can be a bit@h

Jan Reimers
09-19-2003, 03:47 PM
I know injuries are part of the game, but I hate to see anyone - even from a bitter rival - injured so seriously that he's out for the season. I wish Colvin well.

The_Philster
09-19-2003, 04:01 PM
Just makes me even more happy that we picked up Spikes instead of Colvin.

Ebenezer
09-19-2003, 04:10 PM

that's why the roster is 53...

stuckincincy
09-19-2003, 04:18 PM
RE: Colvin down

Altruistic thought: Hate to see a good player go down...reduces the quality of league play.

Selfish thought: Bills and Pats don't meet again until week 16 ...and Colvin won't be there to battle Miami and Jets...

Dozerdog
09-19-2003, 04:22 PM

I'm sure the Houston Oilers felt the same way up 35-3

TigerJ
09-19-2003, 04:25 PM
I hope no Bills fan would take comfort from injuries to players from rival teams. I don't think NE was going to be a serious threat to Buffalo this year. At least after we kicked butt one week one, I haven't thought they would be a serious threat. This will make it hard for them to stay out of the AFC cellar, though the Jets look like they're trying for that "honor" at the moment.
This actually puts more significance on the Miami game for Buffalo. A win on Sunday makes Buffalo the prohibitive favorite to win the AFC East. A loss makes it a horse race with Miami.

stuckincincy
09-19-2003, 04:30 PM
RE: Colvin down

This might be a repeat posting???

Altruistic Thought: Hate to see a good player go down...reduces the level of league play.

Selfish Thought: Bills don't see the Pats again until Week 16...and he misses games against rivals Miami 2X and Jets 1X...

Doc
09-19-2003, 07:21 PM
I thought that Colvin was an injury risk because of his shoulder, and that's why I didn't want the Bills to sign him and instead go after Spikes. Although it wasn't his shoulder, I'm glad the Bills took Spikes. You don't just fracture your hip diving on a fumble without someone going on there in the first place.

indianabillsfan
09-20-2003, 07:42 AM
That sucks for them. They lose their marquee free agent addition after just 2 games. While I do hope Colvin will be OK and that he fully recovers, I'm not going to feel sorry for the Pats. Same goes with Vick in Atlanta and Pennington in NY. Injuries are part of the game. I feel bad when a Bill is injured, but everyone must move on. Almost all of the players will tell us that an injury, although unfortunate, presents an opportunity for someone else to step up and contribute and have a chance to shine. It can also create a rallying point for the players. Depending on how the team mentally copes with the issue, it could become a positive rather than something that brings them down. Besides, Belichik (or however you spell his name) will come up with some scheme or adjustment to compensate for the loss. Maybe he will have Colivn's replacement stay on the sideline until the ball is snapped and then make a bee-line for the QB. Now that would be a true edge rusher !

snow1989
09-20-2003, 07:57 AM
I don't think anyone with a conscience could actually wish for a player; from any team, to get hurt, especially something that could be career ending (ie, Bo Jackson) ...but they are an inherent part of the game and now its up to the Pats players and coaching staff to work around it.....thats why there are 53 players on a roster, and its a team sport...
-wish Rosevelt luck in his recovery, we'll see him next year, when either Henry or McGahee run him over-

Novacane
09-20-2003, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by Doc
You don't just fracture your hip diving on a fumble without someone going on there in the first place.

That is exactly what I was going to say. Saw the play on ESPN again last night. He just fell on the ball untouched. There had to be some weakness in that bone already. Man am I glad we did not go for him.

jchild178
09-20-2003, 12:56 PM
oh well for the pats and their fans doesnt bother me any...hope rodney harrison is next!! hes the dirtiest player i've ever seen

ajsdx
09-20-2003, 01:55 PM
Man are people crying down here in Pats country right now. This is a huge loss for the Pats and i wish the guy a speedy recovery. With that said lets all knock on wood and keep our fingers crossed that we can stay healthy. And lets get ready to kick some Dolphin butt on Sunday. Please dont gloat about this injury anyone, because bad karma can be a bit@h

Knock on wood

Jeff1220
09-20-2003, 09:05 PM
Glad TD grabbed Posey instead of RC. He's been quietly racking up quiet a few tackles this season. TKO too.

(understatement intended)