X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Judge
    • Aug 2002

Travis Henry Fumble Watch

Week 1- Potentially game-losing fumble. Bills D comes up with a big stop to keep the Bills in the game.

Week 2- Potentially game-losing fumble on the Vikings' 2-yard line. Bledose astutely dove on the loose ball after a greedy Vikings Defender tried to scoop the ball up to run w/ it.

Week 3- Bills playing tough, battling Denver even on the road. Henry fumbles AGAIN, which is returned for a Broncos TD and a momentum swing that the Bills never fully recovered from. Margin of victory? Less than the TD resulting directly from his fumble.

Henry runs hard, and picked up a blitz nicely yesterday. UNFORTUNATELY, the concern I had about him before the season is now a major problem. Turnovers kill teams. Your go-to RB CANNOT fumble like this. Henry wonders why the Bills haven't stuck w/ the running game- maybe because the short passing game is more reliable in terms of not risking a FUMBLE!

You guys can keep making excuses for him if you want. This can't go on, though- it finally cost us a game, quite frankly. This guy has to improve NOW in this aspect of the game, or he cannot maintain his position as the main RB.
    Argue like hell. Keep it clean. And when it's over, shake hands and root for our team!
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Doesn't he lead the league in fumbles?
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
      • Jul 2002

Agreed he needs to hold on to the ball more securely!

Comment

• Judge
        • Aug 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
        Doesn't he lead the league in fumbles?
        He has to be near the top.

I saw a string where somebody said "deal with it". Well, I don't know how a fumble per week can be dealt with. That will prove to be a huge reason for a poor season if this continues.

You want to "deal with" costly game losing fumbles? I don't.

Henry must improve NOW or the Bills must find a reliable RB.
        Argue like hell. Keep it clean. And when it's over, shake hands and root for our team!

Comment

• casdhf
          • Jul 2002

I agree, he must prove himself today, or face execution
          Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
          cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Buffarama
            Football-Sport of the Gods
            • Jul 2002

Yeah, he has coughed it up big every game this year. I forgot about all those.
            BTW, too bad Bryson didn't have enough savvy to pick up the first down for 1 yard on that sweep he ran. Thats why he's on the bench.

Comment

• casdhf
              • Jul 2002

What really has suprised me, is how well Henry has been picking up the blitz
              cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• lordofgun
                in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                • Jul 2002

Henry can run for 150 yards every week, but if he causes us to lose due to his fumbling, something's gotta be done. I don't have much faith in Bryson, but there's always Morris.

I'm not saying bench him by any means, but if he fumbles again next week, by all means bench him to send a message.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• BigDoug
                  1-800-SAD-GOAT
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by lordofgun
                  I'm not saying bench himby any means, but if he fumbles again next week, by all means bench him to send a message.
                  Just what exactly are you trying to say?

Comment

• casdhf
                    • Jul 2002

cas,

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Kelly The Dog
                      • Jul 2002

He MUST learn to hold onto the ball better, that is without question. But the first fumble was simply a correctable style that coaching will overcome. He switched hands in the middle of the field. The second fumble was not only not his fault, but we didnt lose it, and yesterday's was when he was bent over backwards and then pulverized. I repeat, he cannot go on fumbling, but this is not a guy who this year has been just coughing up the ball because he cannot hang onto it. If it continues then maybe we need to THINK about making a change. Everyone ragged on Peerless for being a fumbler two years ago because twice he coughed it up after making the first guy miss and struggling for extra yards and he hasn't had a problem with it since. Young backs that make a lot of people miss and break tackles often fumble a lot early in their careers but if they're good they learn to correct it and hold on as they get more savvy. Whether or not Travis gets better is yet to be determined or known by anyone, but it is far, far too early IMO to give up on him because of these two fumbles. Yes, two.

Comment

• Judge
                        • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Kelly The Dog
                        He MUST learn to hold onto the ball better, that is without question. But the first fumble was simply a correctable style that coaching will overcome. He switched hands in the middle of the field. The second fumble was not only not his fault, but we didnt lose it, and yesterday's was when he was bent over backwards and then pulverized. I repeat, he cannot go on fumbling, but this is not a guy who this year has been just coughing up the ball because he cannot hang onto it. If it continues then maybe we need to THINK about making a change. Everyone ragged on Peerless for being a fumbler two years ago because twice he coughed it up after making the first guy miss and struggling for extra yards and he hasn't had a problem with it since. Young backs that make a lot of people miss and break tackles often fumble a lot early in their careers but if they're good they learn to correct it and hold on as they get more savvy. Whether or not Travis gets better is yet to be determined or known by anyone, but it is far, far too early IMO to give up on him because of these two fumbles. Yes, two.
                        There were THREE.

Drew is just being nice about last week- I watched the highlight of that play and Henry got the ball. Henry dropped it.

Stop making excuses for the guy. He is to blame. Only he can correct it. If hecan't, he must sit down and play special teams, moving over for a guy to have his shot at being a reliable RB.

Comment

• Kelly The Dog
                          • Jul 2002

I watched the play several times. The handoff was clearly high and not in his stomach where his hands were and where it is supposed to be. It immediately bounced off him, he didnt even have his hands on it. And we didnt lose it. That's like counting a bad pass by Bledsoe that the defense dropped as an interception. I agree he needs to hold the ball better but he's lost two fumbles and one was completely correctable and the other was a stood up, crushed leg, second blast kind of fumble that every back in the league suffers.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

What would happen if he stuffed it in his tights as soon as he gets the ahnd-off?
                            sacrifice1
                            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• BigDoug
                              1-800-SAD-GOAT
                              • Jul 2002

He'd have 15 yr old girls all over him

Comment

Working...
                              X