• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ð
    1-800-SAD-GOAT
    • Jul 2002

Bills Puttin' In Overtime This Week

They don't put in for overtime pay or days owing. The extra hours of work can't be ordered by their bosses or written into their contract, only implied by their peers. That the entire Buffalo Bills team showed up at the team's practice facility this past Tuesday -- the only official off day of an NFL week -- hasn't gone unnoticed, however.

Full Story
  • Travis Hunter
    • Jul 2002

Ya gotta love it. These guys are all on the same page.
    Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
      • May 2003

That's the kind of intensity, professionalism, and team chemistry that leads to success.
      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• snow1989
        • Sep 2003

Sounds great...lets hope they can keep it like this and avoid the petty crap that usually rears its ugly head..
        I've upped my standards...now up yours

Comment

• LABillsFan
          • Aug 2002

Priest Holmes...."Being a running back, I'm getting hit by all 11 players. I never know who had an argument with his wife, I never know whose kids are acting crazy at school. They're going to take it out on me."
          I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't repeat myself.

Comment

• The_Philster
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ð
            They don't put in for overtime pay or days owing. The extra hours of work can't be ordered by their bosses or written into their contract, only implied by their peers. That the entire Buffalo Bills team showed up at the team's practice facility this past Tuesday -- the only official off day of an NFL week -- hasn't gone unnoticed, however.

Full Story
            Two words to help explain this
            Miami Week!!! :fish:
            The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Ð
              1-800-SAD-GOAT
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by LABillsFan
              Priest Holmes...."Being a running back, I'm getting hit by all 11 players. I never know who had an argument with his wife, I never know whose kids are acting crazy at school. They're going to take it out on me."

It's true. When I played, if I had a bad day at school or girlfriend problems, etc., I loved going out on the football field and just layin' the hurt on some poor, unsuspecting DE, or (on those screen plays) pulling out and just givin' it to the poor CB who had right contain.

Comment

• RedEyE
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ð

It's true. When I played, if I had a bad day at school or girlfriend problems, etc., I loved going out on the football field and just layin' the hurt on some poor, unsuspecting DE, or (on those screen plays) pulling out and just givin' it to the poor CB who had right contain.

Your right on the money. I remember specifically catching this linebacker under the chin with my helmet during a cross block.

9th grade of high school, I was a bit bigger than most. I played starting FB for our sophmore team. My grandfather had just passed away, and one of my best friends had just shot and killed himself. I was a mess and was having a difficult time concentrating on the game. Coach Pendland pulled me in the second Qrtr because I wasn't finishing my blocks.

On the very next series the opposing team drove down the field and scored. I stepped onto the field in a fit of rage awaiting the ensuing kick-off (I was also on the Special Teams recieving team). I just remember visually locking onto this guy on the other team. I'm not sure what came over me, but someone was about to pay for my ill feelings. As I built up a full head of steam, I never took my eyes off of him. Unfotunately for him he was completely fixed on my teammate returning the ball. As soon as he cut up field, I greeted him with crushing block on the upper portion of his shoulder pads. He never saw me coming. My helmet caught him right under the chin sending him flying 5 yards the opposite directions. When the play was over, this kid laid there flat and motionless. The coaches and medics must have seen or heard the hit because they instantly croweded the field once the whistle blew. I had knocked him completely unconcious.

Looking back, he was only out about 30 seconds or so before he came to, but those 30 seconds felt like an etrninty at the time. He never returned to the game and was later diagnosed with a concussion.

Retelling this story today, rapidly brings on feelings of guilt. I targeted this poor kid to relieve my own anguish. The very scary part about all of it is that I remember vivdly and immediatly feeling a whole hell of a lot better after leveling him. Although, I never admitted it then, I actually enjoyed knocking him out. I specifically remember intensely fighting the smile trying to break on my face. It was taking everything I had not to smirk in total satisfication.

Turned out that my victim was the opposing teams starting middle linebacker. He had been giving me fits all day and my coach thought that I was paying him his dues. Truth is I never even saw his face before the hit. It might as well been the water boy at the time for all I cared.
                Last edited by RedEyE; 09-20-2003, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X