• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lordofgun
    in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

In order for us to win many games...

I think the offense really needs to score on it's first couple of drives and get us a lead. As well as we've played this year, we haven't had the lead much.

Granted, the D is far from great, but our O can't go 3 and out several times early in the game and expect us to win.

Our O is our strength, and we need to take advantage of that.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

• casdhf
    • Jul 2002

I definately thing that we need to score more points that they do. I am even including Special Teams and Defense in my proposition. Score more points. Go OL!
    Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Judge
      • Aug 2002

This team can win ALOT of games as long as it doesn't beat itself with mistakes, turnovers, and penalties.

If it plays smart football and can cut down on turnovers, then this team will give ALL NFL teams fits this year, and may be a playoff contender after all.
      Argue like hell. Keep it clean. And when it's over, shake hands and root for our team!

Comment

• SABURZFAN
        short bus extraordinaire
        • Jul 2002

that would help us somewhat control the tempo of the game but it's hard to do that when we're getting flagged for penalties.
        Originally posted by yordad
        Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Judge
          This team can win ALOT of games as long as it doesn't beat itself with mistakes, turnovers, and penalties.

If it plays smart football and can cut down on turnovers, then this team will give ALL NFL teams fits this year, and may be a playoff contender after all.
          Agree 100%. Avoid turnovers and CAUSE turnovers.

Comment

• BillsNYC
            Man of the People
            • Jul 2002

even if buffalo goes 8-8...they will still be one of the highest scoring offenses at season's end. our d needs to step up...they're killing us now...oh yeah..and special teams too!

hey billsfanone...get enough water last night?
            Thank you.

Comment

• lordofgun
              in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

I agree, but more often than not we've been playing catch-up due to slow starts by the offense.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Ebenezer
                Give me a minute...
                • Jul 2002

three words:

Stop the Run

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• TigerJ
                  • Jul 2002

I think Drew Bledsoe was heard making comments to that effect after the game. Playing catchup is a bummer.
                  I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Wys Guy
                    Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                    • Jul 2002

"three words:

Stop the Run"

One word:

Run!

We need to run the ball. Then we can take charge of ToP and play keepaway, something that we are not capable of doing now. Denver used up quite a bit of the clock yesterday b/c they were able to run on us in the 4th. They were working the pass in there more than I would have suspected as well.

Actually, their going for it on that 4th down demonstrated to me that they had no respect for our D. If they had failed, it would have put us in a perfect position to win. Yet, on 4th and 5, they went for it. Not a good sign for us.
                    Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Bufftp
                      Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
                      • Jul 2002

one word
                      Defence.
                      We can't stop the run, the pass or long time consuming drives.
                      Photobucket

In the end, there are only three liberal archetypes: The fools, the beneficiaries and the crooks.
                      "If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day, but if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life"
                      Optyimus Ignorus Realityious!

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
                      - John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961

To live in the presence of great truths and eternal laws,
                      to be led by permanent ideals -
                      that is what keeps a man patient
                      when the world ignores him,
                      and calm and unspoiled when the world praises him. -- Honore De Balzac

Comment

• Drewpac
                        • Jul 2002

I agree, we need to establish our running game from the onset. Our defense has actually been outperforming our offense in the first half of games so far. That needs to change. If we could score from the onset that would take alot of pressure off of the D.

Comment

• Wys Guy
                          Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                          • Jul 2002

tp,

You've got it too. I've all but given up on any stellar D for this year however. I'll be happy if we can just find our own rushing game this season. I've been saying that w/ the blatant neglect we showed our D this offseason and by the huge bucks and attention we paid to our O, that we'd have to find our O completely or it won't have paid off completely. Finding our running game before next season, not hoping to fix it during the offseason, should be our top priority this year.

Think about it! If we can add a decent rushing game to Drew's passing, WOW!!! We'll be right up there in the running for the top O this year.
                          Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• BledsoeRocks
                            • Sep 2002

As bad a the defense was yesterday we would have won the game if we had just stayed even in the turnover dept. Henry fumbles once next week and Bryson should be the new feature back!

Comment

Working...
                            X