PDA

View Full Version : Ublink's Power Rankings

ublinkwescore
09-20-2003, 12:15 PM
1A. Buffalo Bills - This team has playmakers on the field at all times during the game.

1B. Kansas City Chiefs - had to cite them a #1 because these two teams both play eachother in about 4 weeks and until one of them loses it's not fair to rank either one above the other.

3. Seattle Seahawks - this team is ferocious on D, and has quality QB depth - definitely a dangerous team - however they do have the good fortune of playing in a fairly weak division.

4. Minnesota Vikings - Daunte Culpepper is looking good again, and Moss claims to have grown up - enough said.

5. Denver - they won't hold this high of a ranking for very long if Plummer doesn't pull it together.

6. Carolina Panthers - this team is for real as long as they can stay healthy - just ask the next team on this list.

7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Their defense is good, but not invincible - I've been saying it all along - you wanna beat these guys - just keep the ball on the ground and overpower their undersized D (I even told some raiders fans at work they should have used Zack Crockett after their second INT)

8. NY Giants - the loss to Dallas had to have been a fluke, or the Giants are just being themselves - a team with no character that tends to barely trip into the playoffs every now and then.

9. Indianapolis Colts - impressive showing against the Titans, but what happened against the Browns (a team with 3 new starting linebackers) - you know, the team that surrendered almost 300 yards on the ground to the same running back?

10. Green Bay Packers- Favre should have retired.

11. Oakland - this team should be 2-0 right now - but the refs DID screw them against the Titans - however they didn't impress against the Bengals.

12. Pittsburgh - this team will continue to be an underachiever - I wish we played them this year in Pittsburgh so we could show the chiefs what's up.

13. Baltimore - this team deserves to be ranked somewhere in the top 15. Ray Lewis will eventually will this team to contender status.

14. SF 49ers - heartbraking loss because of a rookie-like mistake against St. Louis.

15. Miami Dolphins - you had to know this was coming sooner or later - as much as I hated even considering them for these rankings.

16. Jacksonville - this team is nowhere near as bad as their record makes them look - I still give them about 7 or 8 wins this year.

17. Washington Redskins - this team hasn't convinced me of anything - they beat a crappy Jets team, and a Vickless Falcons team.

18. St. Louis Rams - Marc Bulger keeps the starting job, they'll start to climb quick.

19. New England Patriots - Can't wait till week 17 - so we can rest our starters and give our second stringers an entire game to get more experienced for the playoffs against a fairly decent team.

20. Tennesee Titans - they got A LOT of help from the refs in the Raiders game, and they looked pathetic against the Colts - if we don't beat these guys in their house, it will be a huge upset.

21. Philadelphia Eagles - I don't expect them to stay down here much longer - but they will be down here until after they play us.

22. Dallas Cowboys - Bill Parcells can't work his magic entirely in his first year with this un-cohesive team.

23. Cleveland - just one offensive TD on the year? I should put a paper bag over my dog's head.

24. Atlanta - until Vick comes back, this is going to be a long season for falcons fans - I bet Price is giving them second thoughts about going after David Boston.

25. New Orleans Saints- two words - lockerroom cancers - they're everywhere in this team.

26. Houston Texans - they beat a team in their own house that was predicted by many to win what was projected to be one of if not THE toughest division in football this season - they deserve the highest ranking of the last 6 teams.

27. Detroit Lions - got lucky I think against the Cards in week 1.

28. NYJ - if this team was in any other division - I might feel sorry for them - then again - I PROBABLY wouldn't.

29. Arizona Cardinals - Anquan (sp?) Boldin is a Boston clone, they just better hope he doesn't come with the problems off the field.

30. Bengals - I think Marvin Lewis will turn this team around - the Raiders got lucky against them - take away the stupid Kitna mistake (that resulted in a Philip Buchanan INT for a TD) and the Bengals could have pulled off a major upset.

31. Chargers - this ranking is probably due to a homer chargers fan on another board trying to claim that Travis Henry isn't in the same league as Ladanian Tomlinson - that guy can eat $#!+ and die.

If you can tell me what team I left out, I'll give you 500 ZBs.

snow1989
09-20-2003, 12:19 PM
seems like you left out . da' bears

ublinkwescore
09-20-2003, 12:21 PM
Yup, you're right.

That's funny - that's the team I meant to rank last.

snow1989
09-20-2003, 12:30 PM
your rankings seem very thorough and just about on the mark...I'm at a bit of a disadvantage because being deployed I don't get to see the games (have seen 2 is all), but I don't know if I'd have the 49ers under the Packers....and thats just a quibble really...otherwise the ranking seems well-based....good job :up:

TigerJ
09-20-2003, 02:43 PM
Can't argue the rankings. I don't think it's legit to call Boldin a Boston clone. Boston is one of the fastest receivers in the league, Boldin one of the slowest. I'm not saying he can't be good and productive, but he's not going to run away from people like Boston can.

Ð
09-20-2003, 02:48 PM
He takes less Human Growth Hormone than Boston, though.

colin
09-20-2003, 03:50 PM
Nice, but you gotta put the Colts ahead of the Giants.

snow1989
09-20-2003, 03:50 PM
actually..this year...Boston hasn't run away from anyone! LOL

ublinkwescore
09-20-2003, 04:35 PM
The Colts haven't impressed me at all. The Giants haven't either with the exception that they were on Kurt Warner all day - but that's probably more the result of Mike Martz' stupidity - maybe he'll coach Miami next year - I hope.

Any team that can't score a TD on the Browns should be exiled to the CFL.

SABURZFAN
09-20-2003, 04:57 PM
not too bad ublink.i think the BRONCOS are #3 but everyone has their opinions.

good job.:up:

ublinkwescore
09-20-2003, 05:09 PM
You don't deserve a #3 ranking when your QB is below mediocre.

snow1989
09-20-2003, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by SABURZFAN
not too bad ublink.i think the BRONCOS are #3 but everyone has their opinions.

good job.:up:

actually...they'll probably be taking a close look at Rivers, and other QB's in this draft....Bummer...oops...Plummer is not the answer