PDA

View Full Version : Drew to Reimersma

justasportsfan
09-23-2002, 09:09 AM
As the season progresses, Drew's been going to JR but only later in the game or crunch time. Why is that?

casdhf
09-23-2002, 09:12 AM
He's his money man. Ya don't use him all game, just so ya know he'll be open when ya really need him. Maybe? :D

justasportsfan
09-23-2002, 09:15 AM
But if we keep getting those badly needed 1st downs early in the game (especially on 3rd) then we wouldn't keep trying for those come from behind wins.

SABURZFAN
09-23-2002, 09:19 AM
the key to the early part of the game is to establish a running game.we haven't been able to do that.

Gunzlingr
09-23-2002, 09:53 AM
JR seems to drop the important ones, so they avoid him? I dont know.

mybills
09-23-2002, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by SABURZFAN
the key to the early part of the game is to establish a running game.we haven't been able to do that.

I can see doing this in the 1st Qt, but they kept trying it from what I could see. When you have a QB like Drew, shouldn't you pass more often? I mean, when they finally had him passing, that's when they started scoring, right? :scratch:

Dozerdog
09-23-2002, 10:23 AM
From what I've seen- JR is not getting thrown to. It's not like he's had a number of dropped passes early in the game and then they go somewhere else. Moore isn't a target either.

A lot of teams are giving a lot of attention to Moulds and JR. Thus, Reed an dPrice are getting a ton of action as a result.

If Bledsoe was not completing such a large % of passes, then you could start pointing fingers at JR for not getting open. But for now, he's an effective decoy.

When teams remove a LB and insert an extra nickle back to combat Moulds/Price/Reed- look for JR and Centers to get a lot more action.

WG
09-23-2002, 10:35 AM
Yeah, I dont' understand it either. Against Denver I do, b/c they have GREAT coverage LBs. But against Minnesota, we could have lit them up w/ some calls to the TEs across the middle. That's part of the reason why I was harsh on Gildbride last week.

We need to do that against teams that leave that open. Same w/ some screen passes to the RBs. NOT the WRs like we've been doing, but to the RBs w/ a pulling lineman or two. That would give us yet another option.

Maybe Gilbride is trying not to overwhelm the O for the moment considering their youth and lack of playing together until now.

Let's hope. I can't believe that he simply can't do better at this time.

BillsNYC
09-23-2002, 10:38 AM
bledsoe has moulds, price, reed, remiersa, moore, centers, and now henry to throw to....if jay gets 3 catches a game i'm happy. there's just too many targets better than him...

Dozerdog
09-23-2002, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
Yeah, I dont' understand it either. Against Denver I do, b/c they have GREAT coverage LBs. But against Minnesota, we could have lit them up w/ some calls to the TEs across the middle. That's part of the reason why I was harsh on Gildbride last week.

We need to do that against teams that leave that open. Same w/ some screen passes to the RBs. NOT the WRs like we've been doing, but to the RBs w/ a pulling lineman or two. That would give us yet another option.

Maybe Gilbride is trying not to overwhelm the O for the moment considering their youth and lack of playing together until now.

Let's hope. I can't believe that he simply can't do better at this time. Umm... Wys... we DID light them up vs the Vikes.

Josh Reed ran over the middle 5-10 yards out every play, and he and DB played pitch & Catch all afternoon.. Bledsoe went for 465 yds and had a 120 QB rating....and we could have lit them up w/ some calls to the TEs across the middle.

I'd be shooting myTV if they chose Jay R over Josh R on those plays.

Cntrygal
09-23-2002, 06:48 PM
I'd be shooting myTV if they chose Jay R over Josh R on those plays.

:lol: I can see it now... we'd be taking up a collection to bail dozer out of jail. Since he was speeding thru town and ran all the red lights to get to the nearest bar to catch the end of the game!

RedEyE
09-23-2002, 08:16 PM
JRs presence is as nearly as important as his production. He is a big reason that Price Moulds and Reed are finding themselves open down field. JR's presences in the middle of the field splits defenses allowing for better match-ups down field. One catch from JR can make the saftey hesitate on a similar play later in the game or dilute a blitzing defense.