PDA

View Full Version : Cris Carter is a blowhard.

ajsdx
09-20-2003, 04:26 PM
At the beginning of the year, Cris Carter predicted the Dolphins to finish first in the division and Buffalo to finish last. This is reasonable, since the division was so evenly matched (before Pennington went down), and Carter has ties to Dolphins (having helped destroy their chances last year by sucking down the stretch). Now, he picks the Dolphins to win on Sunday because they have the best talent in the league. No, they do not have the best talent in the league. Their superstar-caliber talent is mostly aging. So while everyone else picks the Bills to win based on objective facts, Carter picks the Dolphins for no apparent reason, cashing a check and calling himself Yahoo! Sports' Official NFL Analyst to do so. How does someone this biased get to have this job? He doesn't even write the columns himself.

Bills by 13.

ublinkwescore
09-20-2003, 04:41 PM
Ricky Williams gave him some manlove last year in exchange for him making this pick.

The_Philster
09-20-2003, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by ajsdx
Now, he picks the Dolphins to win on Sunday because they have the best talent in the league.

I want whatever he's smoking....gotta be some good stuff :D

Bufftp
09-20-2003, 05:30 PM
at least he is admitting he is picking with his heart not his head.

RUDEbyallMEANS
09-20-2003, 05:31 PM
So from what I understand.. Miami has absolutely no chance of winning against Buffalo.. Correct?? According to you Bills Fans.

The_Philster
09-20-2003, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS
So from what I understand.. Miami has absolutely no chance of winning against Buffalo.. Correct?? According to you Bills Fans.

Oh...they have a chance...but I see billsfanone being allowed back at Finheaven before it happens. :D

Bufftp
09-20-2003, 05:46 PM
of course they do, thats why they play the game, but if it makes you feel better.

Damn Miami is the best team in the NFL what an outstanding football display against Texas and that big victory over that complete team the juggernaut Jets! We have no chance.

NOT!

imbondz
09-20-2003, 05:53 PM

that is correct.

Schobel94
09-20-2003, 06:05 PM
I dont know where the fin fans get all this confidence from, they lose to the second worst team in football, then beat by 11 points one of the 5 worst teams in football. While we dominate two (arguably) decent teams and they say we have no reason to celebrate? Go figure...

Dolfan984
09-21-2003, 02:05 AM
Pats were a shell and the Jags have no O. No excuses tommorow, (today) I'll be here tommorow.

Jan Reimers
09-21-2003, 05:33 AM
If the Bills play with the same intensity and desire they exhibited against the Pats and Jags, they will win. If they let down some - and it's hard to play at a high emotional level every week - they could be in for a tough night.

DynaPaul
09-21-2003, 04:11 PM
Cris Carter always was and still is a whiner, moron, spoil sport, and blowhard. Nothing's changed with him except now that he gets paid to do it instead of just having it as a hobby on the field. He's also a fake religious man too. He's about as Christian as Anton LaVey. Sure, he can pound the pulpit and preach about God but we all remember a guy named Eugene Robinson.

Paul

MDFINFAN
09-21-2003, 06:03 PM
At the beginning of the year, Cris Carter predicted the Dolphins to finish first in the division and Buffalo to finish last. This is reasonable, since the division was so evenly matched (before Pennington went down), and Carter has ties to Dolphins (having helped destroy their chances last year by sucking down the stretch). Now, he picks the Dolphins to win on Sunday because they have the best talent in the league. No, they do not have the best talent in the league. Their superstar-caliber talent is mostly aging. So while everyone else picks the Bills to win based on objective facts, Carter picks the Dolphins for no apparent reason, cashing a check and calling himself Yahoo! Sports' Official NFL Analyst to do so. How does someone this biased get to have this job? He doesn't even write the columns himself.

Bills by 13.

It's only objective if it fits your wishes, there are a couple of analysis that have also picked the phins to win, based on their objective facts. You sound just like a Phin Fan according to the standards ya'll rate them by...Each team has a legitiment chance of wining this based on the fact that they play to their strenght..It would be impossible for me to say the phins will beat you by simply showing up on the field. They do have to execute their D and O without a lot of penalties and getting beat one on one. You have to be able to pass effectively as that's your niche right now. Your D has to be able to stop our run, since that's our niche..We can talk, but it's up to the players on both sides to really decide this..we as fan can only pull for our favorite teams.

ajsdx
09-21-2003, 06:32 PM
Yes, but it's a probability game. In any given game, either team has a chance of winning, but one team always has a higher probability of "playing to their strength" because their personnel is better, coaching is better, etc. Objectively, the Bills have a better chance at doing this based on what we saw in the first two weeks of the season. Now, things could turn around pretty quickly for either team, as we've seen in years past. Now, as a fan, I may be biased. However, I do not think that any analyst in the league can objectively say that Miami has played better than the Bills this year.

MDFINFAN
09-21-2003, 06:40 PM
Yes, but it's a probability game. In any given game, either team has a chance of winning, but one team always has a higher probability of "playing to their strength" because their personnel is better, coaching is better, etc. Objectively, the Bills have a better chance at doing this based on what we saw in the first two weeks of the season. Now, things could turn around pretty quickly for either team, as we've seen in years past. Now, as a fan, I may be biased. However, I do not think that any analyst in the league can objectively say that Miami has played better than the Bills this year.

Or one team starts in midseason form and other gets there slowly, then are as good as the other team, Miami has seen this numberous years to convince me.

ajsdx
09-21-2003, 08:24 PM
That's what I mean by a team turning things around. But at this point, regardless of how good Miami will turn out to be, right now they have shown themselves to be inferior to the Bills. That is based on objective fact. Until they prove that they have achieved midseason form, they should be the underdogs. And they are, except for in Cris Carter's mind. But upsets are always always possible.