PDA

View Full Version : Very Happy with this team

THATHURMANATOR
09-23-2002, 09:23 AM
Yeah I know we lost the game, but I feel we went into one of the toughest stadiums in the league and were in position to win the game. If a few calls and bounces went our way we would be sitting at 2-1. Either way this team is very exciting and although I am not writing this year off or anything I can hardly wait untill next season when TD can address some of our defensive issues!!

GO BILLS

BRING ON DA BEARS!!!!

Judge
09-23-2002, 09:26 AM
Losing is never acceptable.

SABURZFAN
09-23-2002, 09:27 AM
young teams make mistakes more frequently.we'll be going through plenty of growing pains this year.

Kelly The Dog
09-23-2002, 09:33 AM
I think we will win this week at home against the Bears. It's the first time i have actually been confident rather than hopeful going into a gamein about three years. If they win this game they will be 2-2, and anyone who felt that before the season started the Buffalo Bills would be 3-1 after playing the Jets and Bears at home and the Vikings and Broncos on the road would have likely been laughed at by football fans, writers, oddsmakers, and anyone that follows the game closely. This is a pretty good team right now on the verge of being special IMO in a year or so. We can and should enjoy the ride. if they don't win next week, then perhaps they are further away than I happen to think, but they are close to being very good.

Judge
09-23-2002, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Kelly The Dog
I think we will win this week at home against the Bears. It's the first time i have actually been confident rather than hopeful going into a gamein about three years. If they win this game they will be 2-2, and anyone who felt that before the season started the Buffalo Bills would be 3-1 after playing the Jets and Bears at home and the Vikings and Broncos on the road would have likely been laughed at by football fans, writers, oddsmakers, and anyone that follows the game closely. This is a pretty good team right now on the verge of being special IMO in a year or so. We can and should enjoy the ride. if they don't win next week, then perhaps they are further away than I happen to think, but they are close to being very good.

This is clearly a team that is capable of playing with anyone.

Thus, losing cannot be accepted. Winning must be expected or it won't happen.

THATHURMANATOR
09-23-2002, 09:38 AM
I agree dog!!!

THATHURMANATOR
09-23-2002, 09:44 AM
We were 3-13 last year and have a very young team. I can accept losing tough games.

Judge
09-23-2002, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
We were 3-13 last year and have a very young team. I can accept losing tough games.

I can't, because I don't want my team to accept it.

Kelly The Dog
09-23-2002, 09:50 AM
True, Judge. I agree with you completely. But there has to be a maturation process. The Pats lost the first two games last year and continually got better. The Ravens were VERY good at the end of the year before they made their Super Bowl run. The Rams made a big jump but they, too, didn't go from completely awful to completely great in one game. We were pretty terrible last year. But hopefully, our maturation came in these three games, 1-2, and we springboard now to only accepting winning as an outcome. I think we are close to that.

Judge
09-23-2002, 09:51 AM
True, Judge. I agree with you completely. But there has to be a maturation process. The Pats lost the first two games last year and continually got better. The Ravens were VERY good at the end of the year before they made their Super Bowl run. The Rams made a big jump but they, too, didn't go from completely awful to completely great in one game. We were pretty terrible last year. But hopefully, our maturation came in these three games, 1-2, and we springboard now to only accepting winning as an outcome. I think we are close to that.

Yup- and I think we're there now!

THATHURMANATOR
09-23-2002, 09:57 AM
Yeah but we don't play so it doesn't really matter how we feel. I agree that I don't want the players on the team to accept it.

THATHURMANATOR
09-23-2002, 10:05 AM
Hey I am just saying I am much happier with this team compared to last year!

mchurchfie
09-23-2002, 11:59 AM
Yeah I know we lost the game, but I feel we went into one of the toughest stadiums in the league and were in position to win the game. If a few calls and bounces went our way we would be sitting at 2-1. Either way this team is very exciting and although I am not writing this year off or anything I can hardly wait untill next season when TD can address some of our defensive issues!!

GO BILLS

BRING ON DA BEARS!!!!

Thurm, whatsup with your Suave self!!! I totally agree, this team is getting better every week and should have a great second half of the season...look for some upsets from a very unpredictable and dangerous Bills team!!!:up:

Drew Bledsoe, a man who can chuck a football into a tub of water from 60 yards.

THATHURMANATOR
09-23-2002, 12:13 PM
I couldn't have said it anybetter myself Churchie!!!!

WCoastFin
09-23-2002, 05:34 PM

GO BILLS

BRING ON DA BEARS!!!!

Classical bills fan ...there you go again with your "ifs" and "buts"....remember they dont count ...take the advice from your fellow bills fan JUDGE "Losing is never acceptable".

WCoastFin
09-23-2002, 05:36 PM

Im still laughing at you now!!!HAHAHAHA!

THATHURMANATOR
09-23-2002, 06:00 PM
So you think we will have no chance against the Bears, who have been struggling at home in front of a sell out crowd?? Come on man.

mchurchfie
09-23-2002, 06:09 PM
Forget it Thurm. Look at who you are trying to rationalize with.:rolleyes:

The_Philster
09-23-2002, 06:15 PM
Churchie's right...no use talking sense to some people...especially if they're Fish fans ;)

WG
09-23-2002, 06:16 PM
31-17 Bills!

THATHURMANATOR
09-23-2002, 06:19 PM
True boys I try sometimes but it is useless. Churchie I see you and WYS are battling again!!! Phil what you up to for the bday?

The_Philster
09-23-2002, 06:26 PM
You're looking at it, THURM :lol: I may do something Friday when helmetguy comes in though.

Kelly The Dog
09-23-2002, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by WCoastFin

Classical bills fan ...there you go again with your "ifs" and "buts"....remember they dont count ...take the advice from your fellow bills fan JUDGE "Losing is never acceptable".

If that's true, how come you're still breathing air on this planet? Your life and existence should have been unacceptable years if not decades ago.

WCoastFin
09-23-2002, 08:24 PM
So you think we will have no chance against the Bears, who have been struggling at home in front of a sell out crowd?? Come on man.

I truly dont Thurm, sorry bro but thats my honest opinion....You guys are still looking to Gell together and the only thing youve been able to do is tell the WRs to go fetch the ball....

BillC
09-23-2002, 08:37 PM
WCF-

You of all people should love this team- a classical late 80's Dan Marino blueprint-

throw for 1,000 in 3 games yet spin yer wheels at 1-2