• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gunzlingr
    • Jul 2002

Monday Morning QB

Born to play

Like Springsteen, Beldsoe can still bring down the house

DENVER -- Last night, at the Pepsi Center here, I saw 53-year-old Bruce Springsteen, stubble-faced and sweating like an NFL quarterback on a hot day, play one of the better shows I've ever seen him play. I've seen him 10 or so times. So much about him is the energetic same as it was the first time I saw him 26 years ago in Athens, Ohio. He used to let the crowd sing the chorus is old standbys like Born to Run, and this time around, his new CD The Rising still cellophane-fresh in 20,000 mostly old farts' minds, he stuck the microphone out to the masses, and we all screamed a new chorus. "Waitin' on a sunny day. Gonna chase the clouds away. Waitin' on a sunny day." He brought the damn house down with a three-month-old song. That's how good this guy still is.

Yesterday afternoon, at Invesco Field, I saw 30-year-old Drew Bledsoe, stubble-faced and sweating like a rock star in a hot building, play one of the better games I've seen him play: 27-of-41, 283 yards, two touchdowns, no picks. In the waning seconds he led a 70-yard touchdown drive that silenced the crowd, and you could just feel the fans praying. Don't let this man get his hands on the ball again. Please! We can't stop him, even with our great new defense. Denver recovered the onside kick, and the game was over. But as he'd done in the previous two weeks with his new team, Bledsoe very nearly brought the damn house down. That's how good this guy still is.

more....
    You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!
  • lordofgun
    in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

His power rankings:

12. Buffalo (1-2). They'll be in the playoff chase, seriously, in December.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

Working...
    X