PDA

View Full Version : Challenge question

mybills
09-23-2002, 10:00 AM
As I strained my eyes to watch the smallest tv screen in the bar, where moulds '8' looked like Henry's '2' and so on...I heard several people (who were sitting closer) yelling for GW to challenge a play. Which he didn't. I couldn't see what happened, but there was 3 change left in the (I think) 3rd quarter. Can anybody tell me what that challenge might have been?

mybills
09-23-2002, 10:20 AM
Come on!!!!! Somebody must know!!!!
Maybe it was the 4th qt? I couldn't even see the score on that tiny tv!!!!! :help: me out here, please?

Ebenezer
09-23-2002, 10:22 AM
Are you talking about the fumble by Henry in the first half that resulted in the first Denver TD? If so, his knee was not down...there was nothing to challange.

LtBillsFan66
09-23-2002, 10:22 AM
I don't remember. Of the challengeable calls made the entire game, I don't think any were reversible. I hope that helps.

mybills
09-23-2002, 10:28 AM
It wasn't in the 1st half, it was the 3rd or 4th qtr. It was something that GW should have challenge, but didn't. There were Pat's fans, Vikings fans & Miami fans all yelling about it.

BTW, they all picked Buffalo in the pool, so that might have something to do with the yelling...but then again, they all saw it!

Damn this sucks, I'll have to invest in a dish just so I can watch my 27" at home! :(

Valerie
09-23-2002, 10:32 AM
I wish I could help you, MyBills. Unfortunately, I find it hard to pay close attention to one game at a bar when there are other games going on. I was distracted several times by the stupid, freaking Redskins game. lol I think I missed whatever you're talking about. Sorry. :(

Judge
09-23-2002, 10:35 AM
I don't recall anything objectionable occurring at that point of the game that was open to challenge.

Dozerdog
09-23-2002, 10:41 AM
Maybe a first down spot?

Sounds like a bunch of drunk armchair coaches to me. The ones who scream "Why didn't they run the ball?" after every incomplete pass and "why are they running?" after every 2 yard rush

mybills
09-23-2002, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Jaded 7
Unfortunately, I find it hard to pay close attention to one game at a bar when there are other games going on.

I hear ya...this is why I'm not sure if it was the end of the 3rd or the 4th! My Giants were playing on another tv too, and I thought I was going to get whip lash! :D

I hope somebody taped it, and can answer my question later on. All I know for sure is, that there was 3:51 or something, left on the clock. And only because I heard someone say it!

Dozerdog
09-23-2002, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by mybills
As I strained my eyes to watch the smallest tv screen in the bar, where moulds '8' looked like Henry's '2' and so on...I heard several people (who were sitting closer) yelling for GW to challenge a play. Which he didn't. I couldn't see what happened, but there was 3 change left in the (I think) 3rd quarter. Can anybody tell me what that challenge might have been?

BTW- what bar do you watch the games in in Rhody? My mom was born & raised in Pawtucket and I still have family there

Ebenezer
09-23-2002, 10:43 AM
the only other play i could think of was also in the first half...when Bryson was short of the 1st down they could have called for a measurement...

mybills
09-23-2002, 10:49 AM
Doz - it's in Warwick, a place called On The Roch's...Roch's being the owners last name.

Eb - I think it WAS something like you and Dozer are saying. But I know it was in the 2nd half. :scratch:

This is going to bug me, so I think I'll stop in after school Weds. night, and ask one of those people who were yelling! :D

Dozerdog
09-23-2002, 11:05 AM
If you are certain of the time of game, check out the BillsZone front page- we have a play by play breakdown. Might help you out.

mybills
09-26-2002, 12:21 AM
I checked that out Dozer and it didn't make sense. But, I just saw that Miami fan tonight, and she confirmed that it was indeed the 3rd qt. Also, that if GW had challenged that unchallenged call, it would have given Bills the extra time needed at the end, instead of the onside kick. I didn't get into it other than that...scary-okie night...the subject was changed by the off key singer! :D

northernbillfan
09-26-2002, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by mybills
My Giants were playing on...
:rolleyes:

WTF did you do for Super Bowl 25???

I have the game on tape and was going to help you, but now that I know you are a Giants fan, There's no help for you!!!

mybills
09-26-2002, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by northernbillfan

:rolleyes:

WTF did you do for Super Bowl 25???

I have the game on tape and was going to help you, but now that I know you are a Giants fan, There's no help for you!!!

lol nbf! I am a Bills fan first and foremost, so I was bumming big time. Giants have always been my favorite nfc team though. It was a very emotional game for me! :sadwalk: