PDA

View Full Version : Can fumbling be controlled?

Dozerdog
09-21-2003, 05:59 AM
Posted on Sat, Sep. 20, 2003

Can fumbling be controlled? Bills' Steckel believes so
BY CHARLES BRICKER
South Florida Sun-Sentinel

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. - (KRT) - Travis Henry is at Pro Player Stadium on Sunday night to show off his 1,000-yard form and, his coaches are praying, his new and improved grip on the football.

Not counting quarterbacks, who are constantly in more vulnerable positions, no one in the NFL last season fumbled the ball more than Henry (11 times) and there may be no one more determined to eliminate the problem.

Despite 1,438 rushing yards and 13 touchdowns in 2002, Henry's starting job with the Bills is not safe with first-round draft pick Willis McGahee recovering from knee surgery, and it would be an excellent idea if Henry not only matches or exceeds last year's yardage haul but does something about the turnovers.

http://www.bayarea.com/mld/mercurynews/sports/6821035.htm
:ontome:

Halbert
09-21-2003, 07:35 AM
Zero fumbles so far this season ...

Dozerdog
09-21-2003, 07:58 AM
Statistically, yes..but I put the drop on the handoff in the Pats game on him- Bledsoe put it in his bread basket.

The Spaz
09-21-2003, 08:47 AM
Horseshoes and hand grenades!

SABURZFAN
09-21-2003, 08:54 AM
these homers from the sun-sentinel don't know squat.i laugh at some of their articles and wonder how they got their jobs.it gives me a whole new respect for larry felser.

Herdwatcher
09-21-2003, 05:00 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dozerdog
[B] Posted on Sat, Sep. 20, 2003

Can fumbling be controlled? Bills' Steckel believes so
BY CHARLES BRICKER
South Florida Sun-Sentinel
QUOTE]

I agree they can to a point. Henry can if he practices what 'he should do' everyday all day until it's a part of him.