PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo News Scouting Report

The_Philster
09-21-2003, 08:10 AM
When the Bills run
RB Travis Henry, who had two 100-yard rushing games against Dolphins last year, was held to 112 total rushing yards in the first two games. But he has a league-high five touchdowns. Bills will pound Henry between tackles and test Dolphins outside, where they are vulnerable to sweeps. With big offensive line, Bills should be able to outmuscle Dolphins' undersized front seven.

Dolphins allowed just 21 rushing yards to Jets last week, the third lowest total in team history. But Jets' O-line is not as physical as Bills' front. LB Junior Seau, a future Hall of Famer, is better chasing the ball, but doesn't fare as well when teams run at him. Dolphins MLB Zach Thomas will have hands full in collisions with Bills FB Sam Gash.

Advantage: Bills. ...

more (http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20030921/1030798.asp)

Dolphinatic
09-21-2003, 11:36 AM
The hometown paper is making a credible attempt to look even-handed, but I think they're optimistic in two areas.

The give the edge to the Bills when the Bills run the ball, but it looks more like 'even' to me.

They also give the edge to the Bills on 'intangibles' but playing in Miami in September on national TV, I think intangibles would have to be 'even' at best.

Is it 8:30 yet? Damn, 8 hours to go...

Dozerdog
09-21-2003, 11:41 AM
The Buffalo News has produced some great sportswriters-

Vic Carrucci- the lead guy at NFL.com

Larry Felser- 43 years and counting-

Jim Kelley- (Not the QB) Head of the Pro Hockey Writer's Assoc.

TigerJ
09-21-2003, 05:13 PM
It's not your link, Phil but I can't access any of the articles on BuffaloNews.com. I'm not sure what's going on, but I'd wager it's a problem with their server.

The_Philster
09-21-2003, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by TigerJ
It's not your link, Phil but I can't access any of the articles on BuffaloNews.com. I'm not sure what's going on, but I'd wager it's a problem with their server.

It probably is...it's like that for me right now as well and they are down more frequently the last few months than they used to be.

socalfan
09-21-2003, 06:12 PM
looks like no one really knows how to take care of the database servers. in an organization that large you think they would have someone running maintenance 24-7.