PDA

View Full Version : We'd be a lot closer to the Playoffs if...

lordofgun
09-23-2002, 10:25 AM
We played in the AFC North.

AFC NORTH STANDINGS
Team - W L T
Cleveland - 2 1 0
Pittsburgh - 0 2 0
Baltimore - 0 2 0
Cincinnati - 0 3 0

Cleveland's a shoe-in.

WG
09-23-2002, 10:32 AM
yeah, you're not kidding, eh!

After yesterday's performance though, I have hopes that we can beat most of the teams on our schedule however. I'm sure our D will prevent that, but in a weird way it seems to be improving.

I know we allowed a boatload of rushing yards yesterday, but that was against one of the league's best rushing teams.

I'm lookin' forward to a victory this Sunday v. Chicago and a very close game w/ Oakland. I didn't think I'd have that hope. It's nice. But if we can win those two games, then we face Houston and Detroit as two of our next three. Miami in Miami is the third.

So if we can beat Oakland and Chicago, we can very well be 5-3 heading into the game against N.E. We should be tremendously improved by then. The way this young OL is coming together is incredible!!! By midseason they may be playing among the top OLs in the league.

Shiny Chicken
09-23-2002, 10:50 AM
I have a feeling we will beat chicago next week... I have a feeling this team refuses to stay under .500 for more than one game... I think chicago''s going to have some trouble... but Oakland... Oakland will be just as tough as Denver, don't you think?

Ebenezer
09-23-2002, 10:51 AM
that division sucks

WG
09-23-2002, 10:56 AM
Chicken, yeah I do. But we'll be at home however. That should help.

Bufftp
09-23-2002, 11:01 AM
Agreed, I expect a W against Chicago. Oakland will be tough, but it is winnable.