So what are everyone's thoughts overall?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WG
    Drew and Sam stole all my hair
    • Jul 2002

So what are everyone's thoughts overall?

I know this is weird, but even though we lost I am optimistic that we can now win 8 or 9 games this year.

While the D was it's typical horrible, it wasn't as bad as last week. Is that a sign that we're improving? Or did we just overachieve? I think perhaps both. I don't see us as being in the top half of rushing Ds at the end of the year, but if we're 20th I'd be ecstatic!

STs while certainly not great, did not make any critical blunders however. That's a positive, eh!

Offense? Well, Drew, simply put, is playing the best football of his career now which IMO is what had to have happened. He's consistent and hasn't made the key mistakes that he's been known to make.

I think if Henry doesn't do much running v. a Bears team this week that has allowed an average of well over 100 yards rushing, then we need to platoon or try something else to bring that dimension to our offense. If we can establish even an average rushing game, Drew's play will continue on or even soar higher in terms of effectiveness.

But this youth movement is coming together. We're back to .500 w/ a win v. the Bears. Then we can start over.

So where do y'all stand?

GO BILLS!!!
    Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

• BillsNYC
    Man of the People
    • Jul 2002

i'm still standing with 8-8...maybe 9-7 if our defense matures...
    Thank you.

Comment

• Ebenezer
      Give me a minute...
      • Jul 2002

I agree with BillsNYC...unless this team gets to the bye 4-5...then they have a chance to win 10 but i don't think it will happen

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• BigDoug
        1-800-SAD-GOAT
        • Jul 2002

It's Hammer Time vs the Bears. With Big Ted out of the lineup, we should be able to run between the tackles at will.

Comment

• Bufftp
          Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
          • Jul 2002

offensive line blocking too high on run game. Is coaching the problem?
          Photobucket

In the end, there are only three liberal archetypes: The fools, the beneficiaries and the crooks.
          "If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day, but if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life"
          Optyimus Ignorus Realityious!

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
          - John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961

To live in the presence of great truths and eternal laws,
          to be led by permanent ideals -
          that is what keeps a man patient
          when the world ignores him,
          and calm and unspoiled when the world praises him. -- Honore De Balzac

Comment

• Wys Guy
            Drew and Sam stole all my hair
            • Jul 2002

Don't forget, the OL is young. Quite possibly the youngest in the league. Think about that though. If we're the youngest in the league and playing the way we are, then what happens next year!

Hehehe...

BigDoug,

Yeah, should! I'm tellin' ya, if Henry can't do it by halftime, I put in Bryson and make sure he gets 15 carries to see how he can do.
            Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
              • Jul 2002

I agree with your first post WYS. I am pretty happy about this team so far!!!

Comment

• JayWood
                The Professor
                • Jul 2002

Iam with everyone on this one. Even though we lost, its so weird I am actually happy this Monday morning. The team is very far ahead schedule when it comes to "rebuilding" 1-2 after three weeks, with the two losses being close and possible wins, iam so excited about what this team is going to do. We have alot of positives to ride on, so much so that I could not wait till december to head up to the Raplh, that i went and got tickets for the Detroit game this morning. It was only suppose to be a yearly thing, travel from rhode island to buffalo once every fall. Two times now this year, beforte I know it I will be living up there!!
                When you are at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on tight!!!

Comment

• Drewpac
                  • Jul 2002

I predicted that the Bills would go 5-11 at the start of the season and I'm sticking with it. I admit that the Bills are definitely more talented than I originally thought but until we can win on a consistent basis I can't predict more victories. I see us being like last year's Chargers team. A good team with a lot of close losses. Next year we will compete with NE for the division.

Comment

• TigerJ
                    • Jul 2002

I think the Bills are in a delicate position right now. They have more talent this year than last. They are still young and prone to mistakes at a lot of positions throughout the lineup. They are also as we all know playing the toughest schedule in the league. They need to get a few more wins in the first half of the season or they could go in the tank in the second half with their confidence shattered. My prediction of 9 wins is predicated on getting enough wins in the first half of the season to keep their confidence up. Chicago is a crucial game. They will be a tough foe, but Oakland will be even tougher. If Buffalo does not beat Chicago, they almost certainly won't beat Oakland. In that scenario the end 1-5 through 6 games and I would at that point lower my expectations on the season down to where Drewpac has them.
                    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Judge
                      • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Wys Guy
                      Don't forget, the OL is young. Quite possibly the youngest in the league. Think about that though. If we're the youngest in the league and playing the way we are, then what happens next year!

Hehehe...

BigDoug,

Yeah, should! I'm tellin' ya, if Henry can't do it by halftime, I put in Bryson and make sure he gets 15 carries to see how he can do.
                      Wys is right on. We don't have the luxury of waiting for Henry to develop into what we think he should be, when we have an opportunity to try to win NOW.

If Henry fumbles OR doesn't do much in the first half, in goes Bryson/Morris, or both!
                      Argue like hell. Keep it clean. And when it's over, shake hands and root for our team!

Comment

• Crinoline
                        • Sep 2002

After watching the games at the local sports bar on Long Island I have this to say:

Miami fans are jack-a**es!! What the hell are Miami fans doing here in New York anyway??

You really have to feel for Jets fans. Watching their pre-season bravado wash away after three weeks is almost heartbreaking. After the Jets/Miami game they were wandering around like chickens with their heads cut off.

Onto the Bills. First off, dump Henry. I didn't like him last season and his ineffective/damaging play this season has done little to bolster my image of him. Defense and special teams are playing better and will hopefully continue to improve. Zebra's as always are horrible with their play calling, I think we need an impartial panel to look after the refs all season and at the end fire the ones that screw up the most, this will give them all an incentive not to bungle/miss calls. Drew played great...Geesh, I can't believe I'm rooting for Drew!

Comment

• WCoastFin
                          I have the arms of a new born baby!
                          • Jul 2002

3 words...... Bills still suck!.....reality check...1-2.
                          We wanna see you spit now!!!lets face it we suck.

Comment

• Herdwatcher
                            One out of many
                            • Jul 2002

Special teams improvement a big pluse! Improvement needed all over like run blocking, secondary coverage, run stopping are the biggest needs. I am happy with what I have seen so far. Just need to keep it up.
                            Pounding the world like a battering-ram!

Comment

• The_Philster
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by WCoastFin
                              3 words...... Bills still suck!.....reality check...1-2.
                              2 words
                              BITE ME!!!
                              (hands a quarter to Jaded)
                              The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

Working...
                              X