PDA

View Full Version : Would you consider me a bandwagon jumper?

formerpatsfans
09-21-2003, 04:34 PM
When Bledsoe was benched after he was cleared to play I was a sub par pats fan. Then they traded Bledsoe to the Bills and I had a fit. I decided to become a huge Pats fan again and then when the Patriots cut Lawyer Milloy I pledged that I would be a fan of whatever team he went to. Coinsedently he signed with the Bills.
So, here I am, a new Bills Fan.

What do you think? Am I a band wagon jumper?

honey
09-21-2003, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by formerpatsfans
When Bledsoe was benched after he was cleared to play I was a sub par pats fan. Then they traded Bledsoe to the Bills and I had a fit. I decided to become a huge Pats fan again and then when the Patriots cut Lawyer Milloy I pledged that I would be a fan of whatever team he went to. Coinsedently he signed with the Bills.
So, here I am, a new Bills Fan.

What do you think? Am I a band wagon jumper?

If you are a Bills fan now, that's enough for me! Welcome! :up:

formerpatsfans
Thanks.

STAMPY
yea i wouldn't consider you a bills fan... cause if milloy was traded by us or left via free agency... you wouldn't be a bills fan a fan of what ever team he went to then... so your just a fan of a player not the team as a whole... and only for the time being too... so no offense but i think your a jumper, its all cool tho, your just not as cool lol

formerpatsfans
09-21-2003, 04:42 PM
I think I would stay a Bills fan because my other favorite player is in Buffalo as well.

ajsdx
09-21-2003, 04:48 PM
That is a really odd way to pick a team. Most people root for the team their parents rooted for, or the team of the city in which they were born. For example, I was born in Buffalo and my dad was a big Bills fan as well. Consequently, I root for the Bills. If the Bills tomorrow replaced players on the roster that I liked, I would be disappointed but remain a Bills fan. I guess you were just so disenchanted by the Pats management that you followed your favorite players who also were forced out. Oh well, hopefully the Bills will win the Super Bowl and you'll be a good luck charm. You didn't ever happen to root for the Bucs, did you?

formerpatsfans
09-21-2003, 04:49 PM
Nope. My friend was, but he was a bucs fan since awhile ago.

TigerJ
09-21-2003, 04:54 PM
I have been a Bills fan for better than thirty years but football is not the highest priority in my life and I don't judge people on the basis of what team they root for or why. I try not to be judgemental period. Your reasons for becoming a Bills fan do not bother me, nor would I think less of you if at some future time you chose to root for another team. As far as I'm concerned, you're welcome to stay aboard for however long you want and I hope you enjoy the ride.

SABURZFAN
09-21-2003, 05:49 PM
WHOA!!!!!WHOA!!!!!!WHOA!!!!!!!!

let's hold on a sec.we experienced this with the Flutie Flakes not too long ago.that's fine if you like bledsoe and milloy but what if they were traded to cincinatti tomorrow?would you be a BENGALS then?i liked bruce smith when he was here but there's no way in hell that i would call myself a SKINS fan.i got too much time invested being a BILLS fan and it's not possible that i could root for another team.

i'm not knocking formerpatsfans and i have no problem with him/her posting here.

welcome to the BFZ formerpatsfans.

:cheers:

SABURZFAN
09-21-2003, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by SABURZFAN
welcome to the BFZ formerpatsfans.

:cheers:

that's root beer for the kid.i just read that he's 11.

The_Philster
09-21-2003, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by SABURZFAN
that's root beer for the kid.i just read that he's 11.

Don't feel bad...I told him the first round was on LOG.
:shakeno: Now we've got LOG buying beer for minors :cynic:

MDFINFAN
09-21-2003, 06:10 PM
Interesting, I think some of the bills fans are right, you're more a fan of some players, if the pats get on a hot streak and start winning again, do you stay a bills fan or do some of your heart go with the Pats, when the pats play the bills next time, do you really care who wins? Obviously your free to root for whatever team you want and for whatever reason..as lot of people pull for teams simply because of the players, so your reasoning in that respect is no different that many fans..I guess I'll say as a phins fan and football fan, welcome to your new home on the bills board.

socalfan
09-21-2003, 06:19 PM
I guess when you are 11, you focus more on individuals rather than organizations....welcome aboard kid.....Hope you enjoy many years of following the Bills during great seasons, and in the off season following their trades, free agent pick ups and draft.

mybills
09-21-2003, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by ajsdx
Most people root for the team their parents rooted for, or the team of the city in which they were born. For example, I was born in Buffalo and my dad was a big Bills fan as well.

I'm from a disfunctioanl family then. I grew up surrounded by the home team "Patriots"..and I've never been a Pats fan. :cynic:

kid...er...formerpatsfans...

you're young. Now that you've joined the right team and even for the weirdest reasons, all will be ok if you don't jump again! If you do, I'll have to throw an off side flag on you! :snicker:

formerpatsfans
09-21-2003, 07:30 PM
No infraction here.