PDA

View Full Version : Sabres and Leafs Thread

Rhett4NHL
09-21-2003, 06:16 PM
Hey guys.

If anyone has any comments about tonight's preseason game, this is the place to be. I'm still searching online to see if I can find a lineup for tonight, but I doubt there's one out there. The game should start in 20 minutes, so I will find out then.

I really hope that Andrew Peters and Derek Roy are back in the lineup again. Both guys played well against Ottawa, and I really want to get a good look (or listen) at Peters again especially. He appears to be poised and ready to make the jump to the NHL as a legitimate enforcer. As a proponent of team toughness, I'm quite excited.

Here's what I found about the Leaf's lineup...

Ed Belfour
Sebastien Centomo

Defence:
Jamie Pushor
Tomas Kaberle
Jay Harrison
Ric Jackman
Marc Moro
Bryan Marchment

Forwards:
Aaron Gavey
Joe Nieuwendyk
Owen Nolan
Josh Holden
Nik Antropov
Nathan Barrett
Alexei Ponikarovsky
Brad Leeb
Travis Green
Mikael Renberg
Nathan Perrott
Robert Reichel

It should be a dandy.

Rhett4NHL
09-21-2003, 07:09 PM
Sabres:

Hecht-Briere-Dumont
Kotalik-Drury-Pyatt
Peters-Roy-Connolly
Bartovic-Begin-Ryan

Fitzpatrick-Bouchard
Zhitnik-Campbell
Delmore-Janik

Biron

So far...Sabres 2-1

Briere from Fitzpatrick and Dumont
Zhitnik from Drury and Kotalik

Myers57
09-21-2003, 09:03 PM
Sabres pull it off 4-2 with three power play goals. Chris Drury getsone beggining his reign as a Sabre in what ooks like to be a good season ahead.

Dozerdog
09-21-2003, 09:42 PM
Tough night to start a thread like this- Bills fins goingon

SkateZilla
09-21-2003, 11:17 PM
Meanwhile Drew Bledsloe and his Offense Suxed Balls .. The Defense gave them a Chance.. Personally after 45 MInutes and only gainin 42 Yards I WOuld Have Put In Van Pelt.

WTF is Ricky Williams Doing.. NO ONE can tackle him from Behind without getting Personal Foul For Attempting to pull his hair..

Buffalo Forked over 15 Yards In "Illegal Use Of Hands" because of His Hair... every time he was Tackled from behind.. He Got Up And Walked up to A Ref Saying Something about his Hair.. its like WTF.

I Dont Think the REF's Were Doing a Good Job in the last part of the 4th.. Miami was lining up offsides The Entire Time inside the 2 Minute Warning..

isnt their a Rule Against His Hair... Hygene or Something..Granted He's Keeping Miami In the Race.. but he's Gonna get Hurt before the Season End If He Keeps Doing all the work....

Myers57
09-22-2003, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by SkateZilla
Meanwhile Drew Bledsloe and his Offense Suxed Balls .. The Defense gave them a Chance.. Personally after 45 MInutes and only gainin 42 Yards I WOuld Have Put In Van Pelt.

WTF is Ricky Williams Doing.. NO ONE can tackle him from Behind without getting Personal Foul For Attempting to pull his hair..

Buffalo Forked over 15 Yards In "Illegal Use Of Hands" because of His Hair... every time he was Tackled from behind.. He Got Up And Walked up to A Ref Saying Something about his Hair.. its like WTF.

I Dont Think the REF's Were Doing a Good Job in the last part of the 4th.. Miami was lining up offsides The Entire Time inside the 2 Minute Warning..

isnt their a Rule Against His Hair... Hygene or Something..Granted He's Keeping Miami In the Race.. but he's Gonna get Hurt before the Season End If He Keeps Doing all the work....

lol this is a hockey forum...

pyrrhonist
09-22-2003, 10:55 AM
Thanks for the line combinations, Rhett.

It seems like it was a great game. Too bad I couldn't find a shred of info about it on any of the sports channels I have out here in California. I wish Centre Ice showed preseason........

Myers57
09-22-2003, 12:26 PM
Can't you just order the Fox Sports package? Maybe you can't on Dish, but you can with DirecTV.

But don't worry, not even Empire showed the last 2 games. The only way to know whats going on is to listen to them on www.wnsafm.com .

Rhett4NHL
09-22-2003, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
Tough night to start a thread like this- Bills fins goingon

I had the Bill's game on while I was listening to the hockey game, and trust me, this preseason game was much better than watching the Bills fall apart.

Rhett4NHL
09-22-2003, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by pyrrhonist
Thanks for the line combinations, Rhett.

It seems like it was a great game. Too bad I couldn't find a shred of info about it on any of the sports channels I have out here in California. I wish Centre Ice showed preseason........

Yeah, just listen on wnsafm.com. Every game will be on the radio this preseason (and hopefully one on Empire).

Of course, WNSA wasn't working properly via the Internet last night so I was forced to listen to Toronto's MoJo Radio. Remind me not to do that again.

pyrrhonist
09-22-2003, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Rhett4NHL
Remind me not to do that again.

Don't ever do that again, dude. :cool:

Rhett4NHL
09-22-2003, 04:43 PM
Haha, thanks.

Those announcers were just plain horrible. It makes you really appreciate RJ when a goal scored but the Toronto announcers are busy talking about fishing.

Myers57
09-22-2003, 05:25 PM
lol, I have heard RJ talk about fishing a few times, but usually he is too drunk to care.

pyrrhonist
09-22-2003, 06:40 PM
RJ is one energetic dude. He chats about some off-topic stuff at times, but he is usually spot on with his calls in the game.

SkateZilla
09-22-2003, 06:59 PM
not to Mention

ZHITNIK Scored a Goal