PDA

View Full Version : Prediction for the rest of the season

Shiny Chicken
09-23-2002, 11:06 AM
my prediction for the rest of the schedule as it is now...

Chicago - W - 2-2

Oakland - L -2-3 Another close one, but the Bills aren't quite ready to beat a team like Oakland.

Houston - W - 3-3 Like I said, they won't stay under .500 for more than a game and they should be able to have their first blowout.

Miami - L -3-4 Miami is just too tough for us to beat them at home in this game.

Detroit - W - 4-4 The Lions just suck

N.E. - W - 5-4 Drew needs his revenge... a close one though... Bills finally get above .500 and will stay there

Kansas City - W - 6-4 A close win

N.Y. - W - 7-4 The Jets will still have a losing record... Bills want revenge for opening day loss

Miami - W - 8-4 Watch this one go to overtime, Bills win as a blizzard storms across western NY

N.E. - L - 8-5 The 5 game winning streak ends, N.E. won't let us beat them twice

S.D. - W - 9-5 Flutie watches on the sidelines as the man that finally made Buffalo forget Flutie himself, destroys his team's playoff hopes.

G.B. - L - 9-6 This one could go either way. It'll be very close, a duel between Favre and Bledsoe, but right now I'm giving it to G.B. Drew will havve the better day, but a still young defense will give the game away in the final minutes.

Cincinatti- W - 10-6 We should be able to kill them and clinch a wild card in the process

Bottom line: The Bills go in as the second Wild Card behind Miami

Shiny Chicken
09-23-2002, 11:11 AM
If you answer the poll... tell me which games you think I'm wrong about...

Shiny Chicken
09-23-2002, 11:26 AM
Some more game notes...

The Home game vs. Miami - Ricky Williams makes tyhe mistake before the game of walking outside with his hair wet... ends up with a nasty bout of pnemonia... Fiedler klleaves the gane at half-time with a case of severe frostbite on his ears.

The G.B. game - There's a condition on this prediction. Buffalo will win if G.B. has alread clinched a playoff spot or if they just need to win the next game to clinch. If G.B. is just playing for seeding and the Bills are playing to get in, the Bills will have the edge in the close game and will win.

The Natrix
09-23-2002, 11:29 AM
That would be great, but I think that 5 game win streak is a bit much, especially with back-2-back wins against Miami and NE.

I think we will end up 8-8

12-4 next season

Shiny Chicken
09-23-2002, 11:47 AM
I think both of those games will be very close, but I do think the Bills will end up getting the edge in both... N.E. because of Bledsoe and Miami because of the weather.

Shiny Chicken
09-23-2002, 11:58 AM
Hey, if you're gonna say I'm completely wrong, at least inform me why :p:

BledsoeRocks
09-23-2002, 03:17 PM
I think you are pretty close to being right on BJ,
I can see them beating GB as they have been a big disapointment IMO. I could also see them taking Oakland but that would make them 12-4 and I just can't see that this year. Maybe win one of those 2 but them drop another game we counted as a win. Overall I see them going 9-7 or 10-6. If the D starts to play better 10-6 to 11-5

casdhf
09-23-2002, 03:48 PM
I think a poll about what we think would be much better :D

BillC
09-23-2002, 05:02 PM
10-6? Only if EVERTHING goes our way

Best case scenario- chalk up the Ciefs as a loss as Priest Holmes runs you into the ground- he shreds good defenses, let alone ours.

Even If we hit 10-6, you have us losing to Oakland and we already lost to Denver.

There are only 2 wild cards and with losses to WC possibles Oakland, Broncs, and a split with Miami- we are not getting in.

Shiny Chicken
09-29-2002, 03:37 PM
Well I've got 1 out of 13 so far

Shiny Chicken
10-10-2002, 01:06 AM
two out of three now

WG
10-10-2002, 02:40 PM
I think that if we can beat K.C. and S.D. w/ Holmes and Tomlinson approaching 200 yards rushing, then we have a chance.

Miami w/ the help of the weather maybe. Williams will run free too. Fiedler is having a great year.

G.B. Too strong a running game for us and Favre is gonna have our secondary for lunch. I don't care who the WRs are.

N.E., maybe. But while Drew "seeks revenge", I'm sure Smith will want to post another good game v. us, and who's gonna stop him. This may be his best game v. us since he left. He'll be over 100 easily however too. Brady will also play well v. our pass D which should generate little pressure against their OL. Also, the Pats are excellent at pressuring QBs. That won't help us. If they, or any team for that matter, take Drew out of his rythym and pocket, then we'll lose those games. He's all we have now.

The three gimme games should be Houston, Detroit, and Cincy. But until I see how we play this Sunday, all bets are off. IMO we need to dust Houston to restore some confidence amongst the players, coaches, and fans. If this game is even close in the 4th Q it won't be a good sign.

Pats and Phins take 2 each and G.B. and K.C. beat us as well.

We can beat the Jets, Lions, Texans, Bungals, and S.D. But they can beat us too if Drew's off or if we turn the ball over more than once.

I'll say 4 more wins. I would add that it's a good thing that our games v. Cincy, S.D., and the Lions are home games. S.D. would beat us in S.D. Regardless of how bad some of those teams are, Dillon and Stewart could easily have huge games against us. Tomlinson will and if Martin's healthy, he will as well. Those are things that we'll need to overcome in order to win those games.

This lack of balance and one-dimensional offense are gonna start costing us games. I just don't understand how we actually got worse in many departments since last year. There's no apparent explanation. It's weird.

WG
10-10-2002, 02:43 PM
I got ya for 9/13

Shiny Chicken
10-13-2002, 11:15 PM
been right for my first three so far... unfortunately, I also think i'll be right about next week.

Shiny Chicken
10-20-2002, 03:34 PM
WOO HOO!!! I was wrong this time... I'm 3-1