PDA

View Full Version : Half-assed Halfback option!

Historian
09-21-2003, 08:48 PM
Fire Gregg Williams NOW, and put us all out of our misery!

fushetti
09-21-2003, 08:51 PM
This play calling and mental unpreparedness is making me very upset. We should AT THE VERY LEAST have 6 points on the board. What the **** with this coaching staff.

Michael82
09-21-2003, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by fushetti
This play calling and mental unpreparedness is making me very upset. We should AT THE VERY LEAST have 6 points on the board. What the **** with this coaching staff.

Agreed! Why the hell would you try to use Henry to pass to Reed. That would have been a sweet touchdown from Bledsoe, but nooo...we got GREGG! :puke:

Novacane
09-21-2003, 08:57 PM
In fairness Willams did not make that call. Gilbride did. Get mad at him.

JayWood
09-21-2003, 08:59 PM
Terrible call!!!!! If this is going to be a defensive showdown we got to get points however we can. Who ever is responisble GW or KG no excuse terrible call. as i have said in another post someone better wake the hell up

Historian
09-21-2003, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
In fairness Willams did not make that call. Gilbride did. Get mad at him.

If Gilbride called a trick play without his knowledge then he deserves to be fired. It proves he doesn't even know what's going on with his own team.

Don't even let him on the plane.

ArcticWildMan
09-21-2003, 09:01 PM
That was a poorly run option play. Travis should have just kept the ball.

You can't criticize the coaches for the players making mistakes.

Michael82
09-21-2003, 09:01 PM
EXACTLY! Gilbride is a ****ing moron! Look at his play calling!!! Yeah, we are having problems running the ball...but you gotta still do it! :madcurse:

Why the hell would you give Henry the ball to throw to Reed for a TD? Bledsoe could have done that much better! :rolleyes:

fushetti
09-21-2003, 09:02 PM
We'll hear all week long "Yeah, we shouldn't have attempted that play, next time we won't do something like that in that situation" Why do we have a gimmick a week? Smash the ball in there and score. WTF

Michael82
09-21-2003, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Billsology
If Gilbride called a trick play without his knowledge then he deserves to be fired. It proves he doesn't even know what's going on with his own team.

Don't even let him on the plane.

:lol: But I thought you and Gregg were best friends? :snicker:

Michael82
09-21-2003, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by fushetti
We'll hear all week long "Yeah, we shouldn't have attempted that play, next time we won't do something like that in that situation" Why do we have a gimmick a week? Smash the ball in there and score. WTF

EXACTLY! But Gregg and Gilbride love trick plays for some damn reason! :rolleyes:

ArcticWildMan
09-21-2003, 09:05 PM
Jesus people...it was a poorly run play on TRAVIS HENRY's part. That play was a good call, Travis just blew it by running forward instead of laterally to give him some room to throw.

AMMONS316
09-21-2003, 09:11 PM
Let me think (Red Zone Travis or Drew) this should have been a no brainer....

Ammons 3:16

Historian
09-21-2003, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Mike32282

:lol: But I thought you and Gregg were best friends? :snicker:

97 Rock was auctioning "Lunch With Gregg Williams" with the proceeds going to the Make a Wish foundation. I bid 50 bucks just so I could sit down with him and a full plate of food. My plan was to order spaghetti so as to dump it on his head.

I didn't win...damn!!!

Brian Griese Rulz
09-21-2003, 10:34 PM
Gregg's coaching cost us this game. GREGG YOUR TRICK PLAYS DO NOT WORK