PDA

View Full Version : CNNSI Monday Morning QB

Pride
09-23-2002, 11:23 AM
SPECIAL TEAMS PLAYER OF THE WEEK

Buffalo cornerback Jason Bostic, a second-year flyer from Georgia Tech, who made the kind of play special-teamers dream of early in the fourth quarter of the Bills' loss at Denver. With the Bills down 21-10 and trying to pin the Broncos deep in their territory on a punt, Bostic flew downfield, leaped four feet into the air into the end zone to bat the airborne punt back into the field of play, and the Bills downed it at the 2-yard line.

2. I think these are my quick-hit football thoughts of the weekend:

a. Power of the NFL Dept.: Last week, for the Sunday night Raiders-Steelers game, 65 percent of all the televisions that were turned on in the Pittsburgh area were watching the game. That is absolutely mind-boggling. For a point of comparison, the Red Sox-Orioles game that same day, on local TV in the Boston market, was watched by 1.8 percent of the TVs that were on. Now, a meaningless baseball game obviously is not going to have the same pull as a big football game, but the Red Sox in Boston still stir passions, pro and con. That Pittsburgh number amazes me.

b. How depressing must it be to be a Bengals fan this morning? Every morning?

c. I can't know everything that went through Butch Davis' head as he made his quarterback decision this week. But I'm stunned he picked Tim Couch over Kelly Holcomb, who played better back-to-back games to open the season than Couch has ever played as a Brown. Shows how much I know. Couch 31, Mcnairgeorges 28.

d. Game of the year so far: Pats 41, Chiefs 38.

e. Eric Moulds is a great, great football player.

f. Daunte Culpepper made a mistake throwing into double-coverage for Randy Moss in the first half against the Panthers. Randy Moss made a bigger mistake giving up on the ball so it could be picked off. Everyone's watching, Randy.

g. Man, can Belichick coach or what?

h. FOX might want to think about firing the camera crew or whoever kept screwing up the cameras at the Saints-Bears.

i. Foes 74, Jets 10 over the last eight days.

j. And what hurts most is that five days after Herm Edwards read his team the riot act, they laid a 30-3 egg in Miami.

k. Martyball is not letting any offense breathe.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/inside_game/peter_king/news/2002/09/23/mmqb/

The_Philster
09-23-2002, 04:08 PM
I am very impressed by Bostic's play on special teams. Let's hope he can keep it up.

casdhf
09-23-2002, 04:31 PM
I wasn't the first game :D