PDA

View Full Version : Winfield...Pro Bowl???

Nighthawk
09-21-2003, 10:35 PM
I don't think so! Yeah, he can tackle with the best of them, but when has this guy ever been able to cover a WR??? Name one play he has made on a pass...I can't remember. I know the team was not prepared and the offense played like crap, but come on, the defense couldn't get off the field and everytime they showed a completion, it was against Winfield. Great tackler, yes...great corner, not even close!

P.S. = GW sucks!

Bruce is Loose
09-21-2003, 10:57 PM
wtf are you talking about... winfield is one of the best cover corners in the leauge. He happens to be covering their only legitamate WR today and he made more plays that were made on him - normally he shuts them down.

Drewpac
09-21-2003, 11:08 PM
Winfield only gave up a couple of completions. Clements was the one who gave up the TD. You my friend are an idiot.

venis2k1
09-21-2003, 11:16 PM
Yea, but clements got the TD, so its a push. Winfeild is a very solid corner, the problem is when he is matched up with guys like randy moss(6'4) and he gives up 7 inches...think about that 7 inches...they say football is a game of ...

Stewie
09-21-2003, 11:17 PM
Winfield caused the fumble...

They're both good.

ArcticWildMan
09-21-2003, 11:23 PM
Winfield is a great tackler. Unless you can cheat a safety to help in man coverage however, get prepared to give up pass plays. His height is a liability, I don't care what anybody says.

colin
09-21-2003, 11:26 PM
Clements is a game breaker, there are a few guys who can do what Winfield does, but he is a very good two way corner.

Nighthawk
09-21-2003, 11:33 PM
Thank you Arctic...at least somebody realizes that corners are for covering! Hey, Tanked...how many interceptions does Winfield have??? Watch the game again and you will see #26 getting beat often...I'm not making this up, go watch the game again. Ok, don't do that because watching the game would be torture, but trust me...he doesn't cover well. It's not that he is another Watson, but he just isn't as great a cover corner as people make him out to be.

As for Drewpac...you my friend, need glasses...go watch the game again...you need to!