PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to the Phins for the win

DraftBoy
09-21-2003, 10:39 PM
I will eat some crow on this one and give them some credit. They defintely deserve this one. They outplayed us. Purely a defensive game. A good one at that. Their D just stood up better than ours. Bledsoe you sucked. Henry you sucked. Other than that I thought I team played terrific! D looked good, screw that D looked great. If Ricky is gonna get 40+ carries and barely break 150 yards then Im happy. Clements two big picks, and should of been on for PP too. Winfield had a big game and Spikes was solid. I put this loss completely on Bledsoe. Took too much time, made stupid throws. Thats it, Im not giving up on the season but my god what a time to choke. Congrats to the Dolphins, but dont expect it to happen again.

The_Philster
09-21-2003, 10:42 PM
They outplayed us on every side of the ball. Good game Fish fans...revenge comes in December though ;)

StillLurkin
09-21-2003, 10:43 PM
i'll say it again in this thread. a great defensive performance on by both teams. congrats to the fins.

Jeff1220
09-21-2003, 10:45 PM
The difference in this game was Ricky Williams. He's a back in a league of his own right now - even at 3.7 ypc.
Buffalo D was solid, but just got too tired down the stretch thanks to the lack of possession by the O.

Novacane
09-21-2003, 10:46 PM
I give it up to them tonight. Thier D looked great and got off the field which ours had trouble doing in the second half.................not that I fault them..................they had to be sucking wind.

I still am not sold on Miami. I'll believe when I see thier D play like that over the long haul but tonight, Yes.........they deserve credit.
I still put a lot of this one is on Drew and Gilbride. Get just those 2 field goals early and it's a differant game.

Note to Greg Williams.........................Burn the freaking trick play book!

Dolfan984
09-21-2003, 10:47 PM
Ricky's YPC always goes up in the 4th, he just tires you out.

Novacane
09-21-2003, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by Dolfan984
Ricky's YPC always goes up in the 4th, he just tires you out.

Ture dolfan..........that's why opponents have to get ahead so you guys can't run him so much in the 4th. We had our chances but that bonehead RB pass and Drew forcing it into Moulds for the INT killed us. I had a bad feeling it was your game after those 2 plays.

I can't wait till Dec. I hope there is a blizzard:psyche:

Muck
09-21-2003, 10:58 PM
Thanks. Good game to you too. Your defense has definitely gotten better. And your OL, even though we were on Bledsoe a lot, is still vastly improved.

Our offense still has a ways to go. We missed Chambers on that wide open bomb. And when Fiedler wasn't missing or making a mistake, the WRs were failing him (McKnight on Clements INT, Chambers drops). So we definitely have work to do.

But I'm proud of our defense. They dominated a very good offense tonight. Moulds was pretty much shutout tonight. Even I expected him to "get his". He's just that good.

Again good game to you guys.

MDFINFAN
09-21-2003, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by Winfield_26
I will eat some crow on this one and give them some credit. They defintely deserve this one. They outplayed us. Purely a defensive game. A good one at that. Their D just stood up better than ours. Bledsoe you sucked. Henry you sucked. Other than that I thought I team played terrific! D looked good, screw that D looked great. If Ricky is gonna get 40+ carries and barely break 150 yards then Im happy. Clements two big picks, and should of been on for PP too. Winfield had a big game and Spikes was solid. I put this loss completely on Bledsoe. Took too much time, made stupid throws. Thats it, Im not giving up on the season but my god what a time to choke. Congrats to the Dolphins, but dont expect it to happen again.

This sounds like Wys posting, but he's warn you guys about Drew in big games..I still think he has a hell of a cannon, but I'll take Jays decision making any day. Great game as we all thought..if only Jay had the arm his mind thinks with...we'd be great..we're still learning, Derrius finally showed up..Hopefully the O keeps learning and clicking. I give our OL big props agains your D, they were impressive, except for Adams who didn't show again..He will live on that first game antic for another 2 games..