PDA

View Full Version : Antonio Brown

Demon
09-21-2003, 10:52 PM
I knew someone would start this topic so i figured i would. Antonio Brown sucks. I'd prefer to have Charlie Rogers returning kicks. He has no cut move. Sure he has speed, but what does the speed give us? 5 yards and then the first guy to lay a hand on him he goes down.

I am tired of seeing this guy just suck. OMG get rid of this guy. First 2 games he was terrible also, but we know so i didn't worry about it.

Time to find someone else to return kicks.

stuckincincy
09-21-2003, 10:59 PM
I feel your pain. Promising Pre-season, but I think T. McGee should be there, or possibly Shaw. Might want to delegate his speed to the practice squad for a future look-see. i dunno.

Demon
09-21-2003, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by stuckincincy
I feel your pain. Promising Pre-season, but I think T. McGee should be there, or possibly Shaw. Might want to delegate his speed to the practice squad for a future look-see. i dunno.

Yeah, i totally agree. Didn't Williams or Donahoe even say when we signed Bobby Shaw that he will upgrade our special teams? He's the 3rd string WR, why isn't he returned kicks?? Kevin Williams was returned as our 3rd string WR. And if Shaw stuggles, let McGee do it.

But still, Brown needs to be in Canada. He's not NFL material and he's proved it now 3 games in a row.

ArcticWildMan
09-21-2003, 11:06 PM
Come on guys. You're grasping for straws now. A Brown will win us 2 games with his returns this year. Be patient.

Demon
09-21-2003, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by ArcticWildMan
Come on guys. You're grasping for straws now. A Brown will win us 2 games with his returns this year. Be patient.

I'm not blaming Brown for the loss. I am saying he sucks. We have one of the worst punt/kick returners in the NFL. If we want to be a super bowl type team, we need Brown to ran it out to the 30 or even 40 once in a while, esspicially in big games. Tonight was a big game. NE was a big game. He is not doing the job. He hasn't landed in the NFL until this season for a reason, and in the past 3 games, i know why.

ArcticWildMan
09-21-2003, 11:15 PM
:shakeno: Miami has one of the best special team units in the league. Their kicker is a pro bowl kicker with a cannon for a leg.

RELAX!!!!!

venis2k1
09-21-2003, 11:19 PM
give the guy a break, if he play this way all season he is gone, but he still has 13 more weeks to turn it around.

Jeff1220
09-21-2003, 11:21 PM
With Brown's *gulp* potential, he could become a special return guy. He is definitely a project though. The guy has got to stop dancing and start running.

muestafa1
09-21-2003, 11:22 PM
I don't think Brown should be the focus right now. In fact, if you want to talk special teams - i think we're giving up too much on our kickoff coverage. It'd be nice to see the opposing team have to catch a kickoff in their endzone or within the five instead of the 10 or 15...

Demon
09-21-2003, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Jeff1220
With Brown's *gulp* potential, he could become a special return guy. He is definitely a project though. The guy has got to stop dancing and start running.

I don't think its his dancing that is the problem, although that is part of the problem. When he gets the ball in empty field, he uses his speed, runs 5 yards and a fly touches him and he goes down.

He has no skill or no moves. He's got nothing but speed. That's why he played in Canada for so long.

ArcticWildMan
09-21-2003, 11:26 PM
:shakeno: I'm out of here for the night. The blaim game is getting old.

We lost. Big deal. It's not the end of the world. This trying to blame everybody except the Pope is a joke.

stuckincincy
09-22-2003, 12:05 AM
Nice fellow that I am, and I guess he's a nice felllow too, but so far he shows a no-yardage gain ballet act. I can't give Brown a break. Three games, 3/16 = 19% =1/5 of the season.

The NFL $ even at the lowest pay scale is quite nice so performance does count, especially in the returner position. It's not like you gotta diagnose complicated def and off schemes and formations...

LABillsFan
09-22-2003, 12:44 AM
I don't know if it's his speed or the wedge is too deep. As soon a Brown gets the ball, he takes a few steps and he is at the wedge, maybe the wedge needs to be upfield a little more or a little faster.

Dozerdog
09-22-2003, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by ArcticWildMan

I don't know, AWM- even in our big wins he's been runnig 10 yards backwards before heading up field. We need the 10 yards against the GOOD teams, not the TDs on the Bengals (although those are nice)

He's had 3 games in a row where he's danced instead of run

Novacane
09-22-2003, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by muestafa1
I. It'd be nice to see the opposing team have to catch a kickoff in their endzone or within the five instead of the 10 or 15...

:bf1:

I wish I knew why Lindell was reaching the goaline consistantly in pre-season and now he barely reaches the 10.

LABillsFan
09-22-2003, 12:57 AM
Humidity

venis2k1
09-22-2003, 02:50 AM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green

:bf1:

I wish I knew why Lindell was reaching the goaline consistantly in pre-season and now he barely reaches the 10.

gravity is better than it was a month ago.

TheGhostofJimKelly
09-22-2003, 06:32 AM
Terrence McGee will be returning punts soon, IMO.