PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one....

lordofgun
09-21-2003, 10:59 PM
...who's glad we drafted McGahee???

Henry is not looking like the same back. He's not beating defenders to the corners and he's not breaking tackles. I hope he's just in a funk.

L.A. Playa
09-21-2003, 11:02 PM
you know why donahue did it now. henry was a one year wonder it looks like another terry miller

L.A. Playa
09-21-2003, 11:03 PM
mc gahee could be another o.j. except he wont kill two people and drive 15 miles an hour on the 405 in l.a.

ArcticWildMan
09-21-2003, 11:04 PM
He sure doesn't seem to have the drive he had last year.

I wonder if his fumblitis has him playing more conservatively?

Brian Griese Rulz
09-21-2003, 11:06 PM
Henry blows. He fumbles, he has no game breaking speed and he's a whiner, not to mention he likes picking up 13 year old girls at gas stations.

Henry will be traded in the the off-season. as long as McGagee stays healthy when he comes in this year.

lordofgun
09-21-2003, 11:06 PM
I heard him sxay he's not trying to extend the play by fighting for those last yards because that's when he fumbled last year.

I'd take the fumbles.

Jeff1220
09-21-2003, 11:12 PM
I'm not completely down on T.H. yet, but, man, is Willis some good insurance.
But who is going to be the insurance for the insurance?

L.A. Playa
09-21-2003, 11:13 PM
heal willis heal

LABillsFan
09-21-2003, 11:45 PM
There's a lot of us that glad that MaGahee was drafted and even more unimpressed with Henry he's too much of an inbetween. I however will not totally blame Henry for tonight. Miami's D was Awesome. They had a game plan and it worked like magic. Also, the lack of vision by Bledsoe for the outlet receiver and lack of screen passes called did the running game in.

stuckincincy
09-21-2003, 11:48 PM
Well, McGahee was a big dice roll IMHO. Especially since Erik Steinbeck was still on the board.

Time will tell, I suppose. Too bad Morris was out.

Facing a four-man rush Mr. KG? Got a RB currently in the Twilight Zone? Try a Crosby/Gash run now and again, I say.

RedEyE
09-21-2003, 11:56 PM
I'm not jumping off the Henry bandwagon yet. I still think that he can be a great back and a great addition to this team. The O never got into the flow tonight and neither did Henry. Gilbride is still using the damn pass to open the running game - that's a no no.

L.A. Playa
09-22-2003, 12:03 AM
henry has been a good solid back not spectacular and i really belive he will be a solid #2 back in the nfl. mc gahee has the potential to be a special hall of fame back and i believ that is what bills management thinks. didn't i read an article this morning about henry and his problems???

LABillsFan
09-22-2003, 12:04 AM
How do you set up the pass with the run if your team can't run though. If there were some screens or 3-5 yard pass plays to loosen up the D, a more balanced attack could be made. This is reverting to last year, (no I not jumping the gun)

LtBillsFan66
09-22-2003, 08:22 AM
I have been saying this for a while. It's not knee-jerk...

Henry is a power runner and that's it. His only great gains go around the outside. Other than that, he's good for a couple of yards when he goes in between tackles. I don't think he's good at all at following blockers and reading holes.

I'm also glad we have McGahee in waiting.

About the OL. Sometimes a good back will make the line look good. Ricky Williams did that a few times yesterday. The announcers were dead on when they pointed out Ricky's patience. He doesn't go full speed into the line. He waits for his blockers and attacks openings. Henry lacks this skill.

Pride
09-22-2003, 08:23 AM
Somehow, I dont even think that McGahee when perfectly healthy could have gained a yard last night. I think the OL took the night off.

Herdwatcher
09-22-2003, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by lordofgun
...who's glad we drafted McGahee???

Henry is not looking like the same back. He's not beating defenders to the corners and he's not breaking tackles. I hope he's just in a funk.

I'm not sure it's all Henry. The O line isn't opening up jack for holes to run through. Last year they did that well but gave up sack after sack. This year it's been protection, with no room to run. They spent so much time on pass protection this off season and lost their edge with run blocking. It looks to be a while before thet get both down.

Tatonka
09-22-2003, 08:52 AM
you guys wouldnt be saying this if:

1. henry's pass would not have got tipped and went for a TD

2. drew would have just LOOKED to the right instead of following moulds and then throwing to him in triple coverage like a rookie qb. Henry was so wide open for the screen pass, it was pathetic. Drews play was as pathetic if not more-so than the oline and Henry. held the ball to long, stared down his receivers.. and threw into double and triple coverage. typical performance in a clutch game by drew.