Am I the only one who isn't terribly concerned about this loss?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ArcticWildMan

Am I the only one who isn't terribly concerned about this loss?

We were due to lose one and considering how close the game was IN THEIR HOUSE, I'm not worried at all.

I'll admit our offense was offensive, but our defense is awesome!!

I am not pressing the panic button. We lost a hard fought game. Big deal. It's hardly the end of our season. Last time I checked, we were still tied for first place

Relax folks.
  • venis2k1
    Youboty can hope
    • Jul 2002

actully we are tied for second, taking into div record.

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

After 3 games, it's a moot point. We all have the same record...2-1.

Comment

• LarryBoy
        The world needs a hero!
        • Apr 2003

I agree 100%.

I AM worried, however about our lack of a running game. Tonight, that(along with some drops, penalities and boneheaded plays) really bit us hard. We never spread the field out, and that against any good defence spells trouble.

This was a MUST win for the fins and their coaching staff, it would have been great for us, but like you point out, they have to come to Buffalo in the cold, and good teams usually spilt.

We will be ok, but I hope we figure this running game out soon.
        Bills Rock!

Comment

• imbondz
          Democrats are people too
          • Jan 2003

I'm with you AWM. I have a huge headache from watching that, but I am not worried. Great teams bounce back from games like this. They need to realize that even though they played poorly on O, they were still in it until less than a minute left.

Dolphins are in first w/ the tiebreaker, they are a legitimately good team, better than I thought. We'll get them in December.
          My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• RUDEbyallMEANS
            • Jun 2003

Buffalo will have a good season, but you should be worried about Bledsoe.. When everything does not go perfectly for him, he hesitates so much and mentally gets whored.. Buffalo's run game should be a concern as well.. Buffalo's defense will win them ALOT of games this year.. No doubt about that..

Boston puts Woodson face first. "What else is new???"

>>>>>>>>>> Troy Vincents Worst Nightmare <<<<<<<<<<<

"Who's The BIATCH NOW"!!!!!!!??????

Comment

• Fairway To Green
              • Jul 2002

No..................you are not the only one who is not overly concerned.

Someone said it in another thread.................their D played about as well as they can play and we still were right in the game. Everyone knows their D won't play like that every week..........especially on the road. they are just an average D away from home

Comment

• Captain gameboy
                • Jul 2002

I'm not overly concerned, but I'm I'm a bit worried about our one dimensional offense.
                Game one we were throwing the ball to our running backs. Game two we had some success with our tight ends.
                Tonight we kept everyone in to pass protect and went to our wide outs only. We got no production out of them, and we still didn't protect Bledsoe that well.
                If we want to run, we need to get their linebackers out of the box, either in coverage or by man on man blocking. If we can't figure this out, we're not as good as I thiught we would be.

Comment

• The_Philster
                  • Jul 2002

We've been needing to run better all season long. This game just proved once again that you can't win consistently without a running game.
                  The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                    • May 2003

I'm not concerned at all about one loss, but I'm worried as Hell that our complete and absolute lack of a running game will lead to many more.
                    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Dozerdog
                      In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                      • Jul 2002

I'm not a sky is falling kind of guy- but they played pathetic.

Will it happen again? Probably not

Do they have their work cut out? Absolutely

Do they have some glaring deficiencies? The running game- Bad 3 games in a row now. Henry is playing like he's got McGahee on the mind.

Comment

• colin
                        Drew's my hero!
                        • Jul 2002

Good call AWM. I consider myself a smart and even headed fan, but you are spot on on this. Props to Arctic as the heady fan.

I will say that Willis getting healthy is something I am looking forward too.

Comment

• ryven
                          • Jan 2003

I agree without a running game we are dead in the water.
                          If we can get our running game going we will be able to keep D onthe field longer tireing them out but with out it our O never sees the field.

Comment

• Pride
                            • Jul 2002

I am concerned, because they exploited every weakness that noone wanted to admit was there. If teams focus on what Miami did to us, it could be a long season.

They ran between the tackles
                            They blitz Bledsoe to rush his throws and not allow the WR's to get open
                            They shut down our running game... or was it we didnt even bring one?

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                              • May 2003

Originally posted by Pride

They shut down our running game... or was it we didnt even bring one?
                              We don't have one.
                              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

Working...
                              X