PDA

View Full Version : Why we lost the game.

Stewie
09-21-2003, 11:14 PM
1. Turnovers early in the redzone. Gotta blame Drew here. He didn't checkdown at all, he just kept forcing passes. Drew did not play well in the pressure situation because didn't have the running game to support him. Drew was hardly the only one to blame though...

2. We got killed at the line of scrimmage on the offensive side of the ball. Our supposedly great line with 4 ex left tackles doesn't look so hot. I don't think Travis is doing well behind Gash.

3. Playcalling. Trick play blew up when Travis had to shortarm it. It probably would have worked if he could have thrown to the back of the endzone. Again, offensive line has to take some blame here for letting in the penetration. Campbell got beat bad by a DE. You can't have two turnovers in the redzone early in the game. Especially on the road.

4. Travis Henry is not the same back as last year, for whatever reason. It's been 3 ineffective weeks, and now he's hurt. It would have been nice to see Travis maybe pull down and run instead of giftwrapping the INT. Where's Olandis? Oh yea.. Gotta break Travis out of his funk, if he can even play.

Oh well... I look forward to beating a desperate Philadelphia team. 3-1 (1-1) after four games would be fine with me.