PDA

View Full Version : Instead of hearing what a wonderful night Ricky had...

lordofgun
09-21-2003, 11:37 PM
...we should be hearing about Fiedler. He looked really good for the most part. Crisp passes, a couple missed, but he picked up key 3rd downs when they needed him.

Fiedler was their key on offense, not Ricky. Enough with the love affair.

MDFINFAN
09-21-2003, 11:41 PM
He's alway been the caretaker of this O..his even keel no matter what happens keeps this team on a even flow. I'm glad someone else recognized that..good post LOG...Jay won't get the same statements on the Fin's board..He'll be ripped about that interception, but I think that was McKnight's fault...

Dolphinatic
09-21-2003, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by lordofgun
...we should be hearing about Fiedler. He looked really good for the most part. Crisp passes, a couple missed, but he picked up key 3rd downs when they needed him.

As posted elsewhere, he got 53 yards in the fourth quarter, when they were needed most. Runs that were going for 2 or 3 earlier were going for 5 or 6 late -- consistently.

Enough with the griping.

lordofgun
09-21-2003, 11:46 PM
I'm not griping. I'm giving credit where credit is due...and Ricky doesn't deserve it. Jay does.

imbondz
09-21-2003, 11:47 PM
I don't know, Fiedler was good, but not great. The QB sneak for 8 yards was a key play by Fiedler. But, he made some terrible passes. Ricky is why they won tonight, and their D, not Fiedler.

Dozerdog
09-21-2003, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by Dolphinatic
As posted elsewhere, he got 53 yards in the fourth quarter, when they were needed most. Runs that were going for 2 or 3 earlier were going for 5 or 6 late -- consistently.

Enough with the griping.

The guy gives Fidler props, especially the play on the sneak for a first down, and you call it griping?

What a sore winner

L.A. Playa
09-21-2003, 11:55 PM
Fielder made plays when he needed to a solid effort and Ricky was solid wore down a very courageous effort by a tired Bills team. Solid win Dolphins. Bills will be back we will face each other one more or maybe two more times this year. Tonight we saw the best 2 teams in the AFC. The chiefs need to play someone and if Priest goes down its over for them the colts well they are the colts has a manning ever won a playoff game ??? the titans could be tough. the steelers ok. ravens havent played anyone. broncos??? plumer is their qb

Novacane
09-21-2003, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog

The guy gives Fidler props, especially the play on the sneak for a first down, and you call it griping?

What a sore winner

Once...............just 1 freaking time I'd like to see you guys pull an AJ and ban one of these morons for talking smack on the main board.

Dozerdog
09-21-2003, 11:57 PM
But we aren't morons.

Dolphinatic
09-22-2003, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog

What a sore winner

Rubbish. Just about everyone agrees that your defense played well. Ricky gets 150-plus yards against it, getting better as the game goes on, carrying a team-record 42 times in warm, humid weather. He closes out the game ripping off first downs to run down the clock. And it's 'nothing special.'

Yeah OK.

lordofgun
09-22-2003, 12:06 AM
Fiedler's passes and the pass interference call were what extended your drive.

How many drive-extending (first down) runs did ricky have in the 4th?

Dozerdog
09-22-2003, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by Dolphinatic
Rubbish. Just about everyone agrees that your defense played well. Ricky gets 150-plus yards against it, getting better as the game goes on, carrying a team-record 42 times in warm, humid weather. He closes out the game ripping off first downs to run down the clock. And it's 'nothing special.'

Yeah OK.

Over 40 carries- 150some yards- that's less than 4 yards per carry.

If Gash had 40 carries tonight he's have over 120 yards.

The Bills O never took time off the clock.

Dozerdog
09-22-2003, 12:13 AM

2 maybe?

Dolphinatic
09-22-2003, 12:14 AM

He ran for three first downs in the 4th, not counting the TD. On Miami's final drive, he ran for 46 of the 51 yards (the other 5 coming on the penalty).

On that final drive (starting with 5 minutes to play) Fiedler didn't throw a pass except for the one the penalty was called on.

Novacane
09-22-2003, 12:21 AM
I agree with you Phinatic. Fiedler sucks. Ricky is your only offense, Shut him down and your team is dead meat.

Dolphinatic
09-22-2003, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
I agree with you Phinatic. Fiedler sucks. Ricky is your only offense, Shut him down and your team is dead meat.

Whoa... I never said anything remotely like 'Fiedler sucks.' I just offered an opinion that dismissing Ricky's 150-plus-yard effort in a defensive game (with a strong finish) is... well, not giving credit where it's due. That's all.

Fiedler played mostly well. Should have hit Chambers deep though... he was running clear on that play. And he gave up the ball not running the two yards for a first down when he could have. But for what the Fins needed out of him, he delivered.

Novacane
09-22-2003, 12:49 AM
J/K there..................I know you were not saying Fieldler sucks. I agree with you .................you won this game because of RW adn Defense .............not JF. He almost threw it away for you. I still don't buy laying all the blame for the Int returned for a TD on Mknight either.

PhinPhan1227
09-22-2003, 08:07 AM

Thanks for the props to Fiedler...although why he didn't run those two yards for a 1st down in the 3rd quarter I'll never know. That being said, you still have to give Ricky his due. The man was a force of nature yesterday wearing the Bills D down.

Patrick76777
09-22-2003, 08:13 AM
If this game was in Buffalo, that game plan would have gotten you beat BAD!

A major part of that game was the crowd getting your D jacked up!

STAMPY
09-22-2003, 09:26 AM
dude lets be honest here.... RICKY WILLIAMS DESERVES A LOT OF THE CREDIT... ALOT... he was burning the defense out... he kept grinding out first downs. fiedler did nothin special. bottomline the whole team was better than us.... aside from our punter, he rocks

Gram
09-22-2003, 09:37 AM
I have to agree with LOG on this...Jay played a really decent game. One INT was his fault the other was McKnights. He hit critical first downs.

I am going to say Ricky did the dirty work, and Jay did what he had to do to keep the drives going.

If Bledsoe had done what Jay did, you guys would of won by a landslide.

Jan Reimers
09-22-2003, 09:51 AM
Rickey's running made Fiedler effective, just as Drew will be effective if we're ever able to run the ball. Old adages become old adages because they're true.