PDA

View Full Version : What About Our Rushing Woes?

WG
09-23-2002, 01:05 PM
What's the solution?

casdhf
09-23-2002, 01:09 PM
Where is Sammy Morris on this list anyways?

WG
09-23-2002, 01:24 PM
Is that your solution?

LtBillsFan66
09-23-2002, 01:31 PM
Lets see who we face. Remember the game TH had against the Jets? We must have noticed that the Jets have a soft run D, unlike Minn and Denver. The lack of run has much more to do with Gilbride than Henry. That's because passing is working! The fumbles are Henry's fault, not the lack of yards.

LABillsFan
09-23-2002, 01:33 PM
Other.

If the Bills play a team that match up evenly with them, there will be more of a balanced attack. The Jets gave us everything and the Bills took everything. The Vikings game I didn't see but it seems they couldn't stop the pass so the Bills passed. Denver is very balanced on D and the Bills took what they could get, combined with playing from behind, the pass was used more.

Are any of the backs going to do well if the Bills OL is not as good as the DL they're playing against or down by 14 and forced to throw to move the chains?

LtBillsFan66
09-23-2002, 01:33 PM
On the other hand, I don't see any difference in the level of talent between Henry and Bryson.

clumping platelets
09-23-2002, 02:11 PM
Each RB has different qualities thus platooning more could help, however, the running game has suffered somewhat from the Bills being behind and needing to score quickly. Also, in the Minnesota game, the Vikes were daring us to pass with the run blitzes........do whatever it takes to win the game!!!

WG
09-23-2002, 02:24 PM
Exactly! Do whatever it takes to win the game.

Apparently running Henry until the cows come home ain't helpin' us win games.

I'm not necessarily saying that Bryson is better. All I'm saying is let's switch it up a bit and see what's goin' on. I mean if Bryson were to start running well and Henry still can't do it, then we'd have to conclude that it isn't the OL. If not, then what are we losing. It's not like Henry, other than on a few individual plays, is helping us anyway. On most of them he's harming the team's effort in a big way.

I also agree that it's Gilbride's responsibility to mix things up enough to keep the Ds off balance which IMO hasn't happened to any significant degree. If we didn't have a huge talent differential in the first two games between our O and the Jets' and Vikes' Ds, then we wouldn't have done so well. That's why we didn't put up the huge yards and points in the Denver game.

BledsoeRocks
09-23-2002, 02:42 PM
I would start Henry this week but if he fumbles he should be yanked for the rest of the game for Bryson.

justasportsfan
09-23-2002, 03:20 PM
I voted for trying Henry one more game. If we however try Bryson, I don't think he should be in for just one series. Le thim touch the ball a whole game.

Two things could come from this, Bryson could be the guy ,or it's sends Henry a message. Stop dropping the @$#%^& ball.

WG
09-23-2002, 04:02 PM
You got it just!

Indeed, it wouldn't be fair to give Bryson 8 carries and then say "see, he sucks too." LOL

4thAndLong
09-23-2002, 05:00 PM
Bryson flat out sucks. He cant break any tackles and is a poor excuse for a football player. Trade his ass while he still has some small value.

Ð
09-23-2002, 05:02 PM
Other than Denver, name one team that has successfully platooned RB's....

4thAndLong
09-23-2002, 05:03 PM
St. Louis (Faulk, Canidate)

San Fransisco (Hearst, Barlow)

Pittsburgh is on their way to doing that...New York Giants..

WG
09-23-2002, 05:04 PM
Let's try Burns then!

Heck, I'm flexible...

justasportsfan
09-23-2002, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by 4thAndLong
Bryson flat out sucks. He cant break any tackles and is a poor excuse for a football player. Trade his ass while he still has some small value.

Where do you base your statement? If it's from last year then you have nothing. He did a great job in Henry's absence.If it's from this year then there's nothing to base it from as well. I still like Henry. Don't get me wrong, but unless we give Bryson a shot then we'll never know. This is why I'd like to see Henry give it another shot for one more game.

We are 1-2 but we're not out of it yet.

Ð
09-23-2002, 05:08 PM
St Louis does not platoon...It's Faulk, Faulk & more Faulk. Canidate goes in for breathers once in a while.

SF & a successful running game? LOL

4thAndLong
09-23-2002, 05:09 PM
He did nothing, the OL gave him those games, he played 2 of the worst run Ds in the league.

He will never break a tackle, he will never hit a whole with strength. LBs are too fast in the NFL, he cant run to the outside and try and pick up yards, and dont run him up the middle. he'll get tossed around like a sack of bread

4thAndLong
09-23-2002, 05:10 PM
SF led league in rushing last year.

Canidate ran for 200 yards while Faulk was out last year.

justasportsfan
09-23-2002, 05:15 PM
He did nothing, the OL gave him those games, he played 2 of the worst run Ds in the league.

He will never break a tackle, he will never hit a whole with strength. LBs are too fast in the NFL, he cant run to the outside and try and pick up yards, and dont run him up the middle. he'll get tossed around like a sack of bread

If this is so then is it safe to say then that Henry did nothing against the Jets lousy run D and that the OL gave it to him?

Henry did a great job against the Jets and Bryson did a great job last year. Why be so cynical with success?

BledsoeRocks
09-23-2002, 05:20 PM

Canidate ran for 200 yards while Faulk was out last year.

Yeah.....thats when faulk was out. That is not platooning. St. Louis does not platoon RB's. :earpoke:

The_Philster
09-23-2002, 06:24 PM
San Fran does have a successful running game, BD...Garrison Hearst has been a monster for them.

4thAndLong
09-23-2002, 06:39 PM
Bryson ran through wholes the size of my house.

Henry was busting tackles, and fighting for every hard-earned yard. And wasn't too bad out of the backfield

WG
09-23-2002, 06:47 PM
Bryson's mother smells too!

By the looks of this poll, it does not appear that there is overwhelming support for Henry on his current trend/streak.